DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

damn, That sucks about the screen

Please let us know what rob says about this issue

I'm probably going to order it this week

Hope this is a one off case! :(

Well after posting the photo and video to Rob, he has suggested the best way is if I can send it back to them with my installers receipt for them to assess. I will pull it out first thing in the morning, send it express, and hope for the best.

hope it doesnt happen to mine ,,got mine from rob 2 weeks ago but havent installed it yet. how old is your unit?

FAT

I got my unit on the 21st of June. It arrived in the week before that (it was a present). This is one of the ones with the updated firmware since it doesn't have the beeps whenever you press the buttons like what was reported here earlier. This problem started on the 26th; just 5 days of use. All I did was play video files from a USB disc.

I did have some music files on the disc as well, and the glitch occurred when I reached the end of the videos and it automatically changed to the folder of music.

Just thought I would post this as I am quite ticked off at the moment. This ordeal started last night when I was seeing if I could play some DivX through the front USB. It sure played the DivX alright. I was watching Nip/Tuck on it, then skipped forward to watch some music videos. Then when I hit the end of the list, things went haywire. The screen went fuzzy and the 'SRC' button was acting as skip forward.

I turned the unit off, and when I turned it back on, I got a screen like you can see in the attached photo. Funny thing is, the NAVI menu is perfectly fine and when the reverse camera is enabled, the video from that is perfectly fine. So pretty much every other page except for those two have this garbled up mess. Also, even when the screen is in a mess, the on screen text such as 'volume' come up fine. One interesting thing to note is that the touch screen responds fine. If say I went to the source page and touched the spot where 'TV' is, it will go to TV mode.

I have tried resetting numerous times, and having it disconnected from power overnight didn't seem to work either.

I've sent a photo to Rob at Auspack awaiting his response. At least in the meantime the unit still has some function to it and it's not yet a brick. Man it's times like these I wish I never tried to play video though its USB port.

Click to enlarge:

th.6f6829ab2e.jpg

And a video to better demonstrate the problem:

Not sure if u have posted unit back to supplier yet however...

When u say you "have tried resetting numerous times", was that a "factory" reset or simply power off/on? These things must come with a settings/test menu right - where u have the option to reset? It looks like some sort of interference signal to me and a reset of all settings to factory default might fix it...just confirm u won't lose any apps/software before u do it though...

You may want 2 try this before u send it back...

When u say you "have tried resetting numerous times", was that a "factory" reset or simply power off/on? These things must come with a settings/test menu right - where u have the option to reset? It looks like some sort of interference signal to me and a reset of all settings to factory default might fix it...just confirm u won't lose any apps/software before u do it though...

When I referred to reset, I did mean the little button on the upper right; the one you need a paper clip/pin to press. It resets every setting (except for the NAVI settings) but the problem remains. I have also had the power removed from it overnight for 10 hours + and that didn't seem to help either. I will be sending it back tomorrow.

When I referred to reset, I did mean the little button on the upper right; the one you need a paper clip/pin to press. It resets every setting (except for the NAVI settings) but the problem remains. I have also had the power removed from it overnight for 10 hours + and that didn't seem to help either. I will be sending it back tomorrow.

sounds like a factory reset to me...good luck then brutha!

Had it installed by the profesionals at FHRX studios this weekend.... a couple more issues that I'm not sure whether anyone else with this unit is having:

Tried out the DVD function and noticed that it takes quite a while (up to a 30 seconds) for the headunit to read the DVD (video or audio) before playing. However what kills the deal with my unit is the intermittent blank screen with the stupid warning message of "Warning please stop watch video player" while the video is playing. I tried watching the King Kong DVD and this annoying blank screen seems to appear at almost predictable times, with audio still audible in the background. The only way to get out of the blank warning screen is to go to NAV mode then back to SRC and select DVD again. The DVD video can then resumed on the LCD. I'm not sure whether this is an isolated problem with my headunit or other ppl also having similar problems. May have to drop Rob an email as well.....

We probably have to tell Rob to read our forums regularly ....

Had it installed by the profesionals at FHRX studios this weekend.... a couple more issues that I'm not sure whether anyone else with this unit is having:

Tried out the DVD function and noticed that it takes quite a while (up to a 30 seconds) for the headunit to read the DVD (video or audio) before playing. However what kills the deal with my unit is the intermittent blank screen with the stupid warning message of "Warning please stop watch video player" while the video is playing. I tried watching the King Kong DVD and this annoying blank screen seems to appear at almost predictable times, with audio still audible in the background. The only way to get out of the blank warning screen is to go to NAV mode then back to SRC and select DVD again. The DVD video can then resumed on the LCD. I'm not sure whether this is an isolated problem with my headunit or other ppl also having similar problems. May have to drop Rob an email as well.....

We probably have to tell Rob to read our forums regularly ....

Your problem sounds like the installer hasn't installed it correctly. There is a wire coming out of the back of the unit that is supposed to be connected to the hand brake switch. This allows the dvd to play only when the car is stopped.

You can connect the wire to an earth behind the dash instead of the handbrake switch and you will be able to play dvd at any time. If this wire isn't connected correctly or to a good earth, you would get exactly the problem you describe.

Your problem sounds like the installer hasn't installed it correctly. There is a wire coming out of the back of the unit that is supposed to be connected to the hand brake switch. This allows the dvd to play only when the car is stopped.

The head unit is installed correctly and professionally (I installed it). All cables are soldered, heatshrunk and photographed so we have ruled that out already. All earth contacts are taken with 18AWG cable back to 6mm bolts behind the dash (as opposed to just screwing it down anywhere). However; remember too that as a shop we simply cannot ground it because that is illegal for us to do. I'm getting in contact with Rob this week about it and by this weekend the problem will be history. :D

Well, lucky I didn't get my head unit sent off yet. I was originally meant to send it off on Monday, but my mate (who organised the purchase) is having difficulty locating the receipt. So I check my inbox a few moments ago and get the following advise from Rob, which I think I should post here for future reference:

We think we have solved the problem. It seems you have gone in and change the video setting on the system. It needs to be switched back to S-Video.

Please follow these steps:

While unit is playing a DVD disc. You can press and hold the "play" button on the remote control to enter into system setup menu.

choose "VIDEO" in the system setup and then choose "S-VIDEO". Press "enter" and exit.

As you cannot view this screen, what you need to do is

1. Connect with another screen through Video output to operate as above

therefore

1. press"play" for 3-5 seconds to enter into system setup.

2. press"downward direction" key twice to "VIDEO",then press "right direction" key once, then press"downward direction" key once to "S-VIDEO".

Press "enter" key at last and exit.

I quickly ran downstairs and followed the instructions (by following the remote presses), and with a cheer of joy, my head unit is back to normal. I am one happy guy again.

Well, lucky I didn't get my head unit sent off yet. I was originally meant to send it off on Monday, but my mate (who organised the purchase) is having difficulty locating the receipt. So I check my inbox a few moments ago and get the following advise from Rob, which I think I should post here for future reference:
We think we have solved the problem. It seems you have gone in and change the video setting on the system. It needs to be switched back to S-Video.

While unit is playing a DVD disc. You can press and hold the "play" button on the remote control to enter into system setup menu.

choose "VIDEO" in the system setup and then choose "S-VIDEO". Press "enter" and exit.

therefore

2. press"downward direction" key twice to "VIDEO",then press "right direction" key once, then press"downward direction" key once to "S-VIDEO".

I quickly ran downstairs and followed the instructions (by following the remote presses), and with a cheer of joy, my head unit is back to normal. I am one happy guy again.

i dont want to sound like a know it all :whistling: ,but i was going to ask about how is the video setting reached,,,it reminded me(watching your youtube video)of a time i had the same thing going on with a set top box i have,i was trying to connect through the wrong output setting,, happy for you (and me,i was worried i might have bought a lemon too :unsure: ).still havent had time to install mine yet. :help:

i dont want to sound like a know it all :whistling: ,but i was going to ask about how is the video setting reached,,,it reminded me(watching your youtube video)of a time i had the same thing going on with a set top box i have,i was trying to connect through the wrong output setting,, happy for you (and me,i was worried i might have bought a lemon too :unsure: ).still havent had time to install mine yet. :help:

I thought the exact same thing. Once the problem occurred, I went through every possible scenario. It's just that after playing with the unit and also looking through the manual, there was mention of that specific setup menu. Rob was only able to find out about it after talking to the manufacturer. I just didn't expect that in an embedded device, the LCD to interface through a format such as S-Video.

My final thought was just a corrupted firmware having trouble with the menu pages. Not something hard to doubt when we are talking about Windows here. Ye I know it's CE which can be pretty stable; but Windows will always be Windows.

therefore

That's freaky...I would have thought the reset button would default all settings (including video) back to factory values??? Anyway, that's good news for all and great service from Rob!!!

Btw, I think this same unit is selling on ebay direct from Hong Kong (if my memory serves me correct). Might save a few dollars on the "Buy It Now" purchase price but I guess u wouldn't get the same after-sales service as u are currently getting from Rob...

Item Number: 180258785459 - Buy It Now Price (incl. freight to AUS) $794.00

Edited by Jimbob

That's freaky...I would have thought the reset button would default all settings (including video) back to factory values??? Anyway, that's good news for all and great service from Rob!!!

I'm guessing that reset button is just like any PDA and is a 'soft reset'. It is essentially just like a PC restart. On this unit however, you do lose any saved radio/TV stations when you do so. That's why I unplugged the power to hopefully perform a 'hard reset'. Still no settings change as well. Either way, I'm glad that Rob was able to source out the information to be able to resolve the issue.

Btw, I think this same unit is selling on ebay direct from Hong Kong (if my memory serves me correct). Might save a few dollars on the "Buy It Now" purchase price but I guess u wouldn't get the same after-sales service as u are currently getting from Rob...

What I find strange is that the item title and the eBay attached images differ from the complete description of the product (Corolla unit). Also as well, the one for the Corolla shown is completely different to the Auspack unit. If someone were to bid, I would be careful.

therefore

I noticed this unit a week or so ago too. I bet you however, it's one of the older style units that displays the "Camry" logo when listening to DVD's. I bit off-putting I think.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odynia.org/aurion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. :)

bok

Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odynia.org/aurion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. :)

bok

I Like it ,, I like it alot,, :toast: Now,, how do we get it on the background screen for the dvd player?

Looks great. I'm using it now. Thanks a lot bok. I was really looking for a nice background. My creative skills are pretty bad and even a simple photoshop job for me turns out bad.

Now,, how do we get it on the background screen for the dvd player?

If only there was a way we could do that. Unfortunately I don't know how to hack the firmware on this thing.

Got mine installed,

Pretty good so far

just a few questions, with the navigation how long does it take to get a signal on the first go?

is it slow?

mine hasnt yet picked up a signal, i need to change the nav program to, the standard ones pretty average so ill go with the igo software

Also, when the reverse camera is wired to come on when you select reverse, does the music cut out for everyone?

there seems to be no music when i select reverse, but this morning there was music with reverse on but only through the rear speakers!

just a few questions, with the navigation how long does it take to get a signal on the first go?

is it slow?

mine hasnt yet picked up a signal, i need to change the nav program to, the standard ones pretty average so ill go with the igo software

On a warm boot such as when you just turn the unit off or back on, or when you have it off for a short period of time such as a couple/few hours, my unit will acquire the satellites close to immediately. On a cold boot however such as when you leave it overnight, it can take around one minute to acquire a sufficient signal, even longer if you start driving before hand.

Also, when the reverse camera is wired to come on when you select reverse, does the music cut out for everyone?

there seems to be no music when i select reverse, but this morning there was music with reverse on but only through the rear speakers!

The music is meant to cut out when you put the car into reverse. BUT, I have noticed a slight glitch that when the unit just turns on (such as when you start the car) then put it into reverse BEFORE the music CD/DVD loads, the music will play through the rear speakers and then when you switch out of reverse, the front becomes active. It is just a glitch in the programming.

On a warm boot such as when you just turn the unit off or back on, or when you have it off for a short period of time such as a couple/few hours, my unit will acquire the satellites close to immediately. On a cold boot however such as when you leave it overnight, it can take around one minute to acquire a sufficient signal, even longer if you start driving before hand.

Using iGO? I've found it actually picks up the signal almost immediately, but it takes a bit for the software to remember that you'd rather be following where you're going instead of the last place you turned it on at. Hitting the show my position icon (along the bottom towards the right) drops it back to following your position.

bok

Using iGO? I've found it actually picks up the signal almost immediately, but it takes a bit for the software to remember that you'd rather be following where you're going instead of the last place you turned it on at. Hitting the show my position icon (along the bottom towards the right) drops it back to following your position.

bok

I use iGO8 as well. My observation was that when I park my car in the garage at night and start it in the morning, it shows some locate about 500m away from where it was turned off. Then when I reverse out of the garage, if I leave the car stationary, it can any time between 20 seconds to a full minute to get a strong enough positioning signal and show where I am on the map (and at a driving level accuracy that can trace your route).

If I start driving after turning it on cold, it takes a bit longer than a minute to position me properly. Usually when I come to a stop though if it's having trouble positioning, it will acquire the signal pretty quick.

As I mentioned though, if it has only been an hour or two since I turned the unit off, it will acquire all satellites in an instant. It all comes down to what satellites are above you and your relative position to them. Every time you connect to a different satellite, it downloads a little bit of data to be able to position you correctly. If those satellites are still there in view next time you turn on, you can acquire a position pretty quickly. If the next time you turn it on however, you have a whole bunch of different satellites in view and the other ones you were 'connected' to before are out of view, the GPS receiver needs to acquire data from the different satellites which causes the delay.

as you know the satellite repeats a 30 sec signal

12 sec about itself and 18 sec about other satellites

I think the variance in the delay is basically unavoidable

nothing of great concern

as you know the satellite repeats a 30 sec signal

12 sec about itself and 18 sec about other satellites

I think the variance in the delay is basically unavoidable

nothing of great concern

If anyone was wanting a further understanding of that, you can read about it over at Wikipedia. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gps#Navigation_signals

Also, seems like the positioning data from the satellite is valid for up to 4 hours, so a cold boot would be when you leave it off for around that long. It is actually quite an interesting read... well at least to me and my technical mind anyways.