DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

• 1 month later...

A bit of a thread revival, but something relevant for those out there with the Auspack head units. Every so often I have a look over at the VW forum that was linked to earlier on in the thread by Sanz:

I see in an Aussie VW forum people are playing around with their unit (which has exactly the same software as ours except it's made specifically to suit VW vehicles) and playing around with it to try and change the user interface and stuff. Worth checking out this forum, learnt a lot of stuff from there.

I strongly urge you to have a look:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39584

Anyways, that thread has been a bit over-active with postings so I just usually skim through it, but after looking at it just then, I think I may have found some hope:

Witson D720v - Menu's Now Editable

It appears to be a different brand head unit but from the same manufacturer with the same menu style. I'm going to have a play with it later to see if I can finally make the UI look a little less cheap. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were interested in the idea.

You probably won't hear back from me on this subject unless I manage to succeed in updating it, or I totally brick my unit. It's all a bit iffy at the moment given that my unit is one of the older ones.

Oh great work!!!

Thanks DJKOR!

I'm starting to get tired of the boring UI too and it would be great if something can be done about it.

Gonna check out the thread and see what's going on.

Edited by Sanz

Whoa. Watch the pic quoting there. Anyways, the Auspack unit is a single DVD drive. One DVD holds a little more than 6 CD's so it's just as good. Even better though when you load the DVD up with MP3. No need to have it change discs every now and again.

Thanks mate. just thought i would add some pics of my Aurion & thanks to the Forum i have installed some Eclipse 6X9's in the Rear and sounds awesome, waiting to get an amp and DLS 960 for the front.

One Quick question, from the picture, can anyone tell me what is the size of these wheels? and does anyone know whether there are 20" black wheels with red lips.. (also will 18" looks alrite if 20" are not available?) Really like Black Wheels with Red Lips think they look hot on Red Aurion..

Whoa. Watch the pic quoting there. Anyways, the Auspack unit is a single DVD drive. One DVD holds a little more than 6 CD's so it's just as good. Even better though when you load the DVD up with MP3. No need to have it change discs every now and again.

Thanks mate. just thought i would add some pics of my Aurion & thanks to the Forum i have installed some Eclipse 6X9's in the Rear and sounds awesome, waiting to get an amp and DLS 960 for the front.

One Quick question, from the picture, can anyone tell me what is the size of these wheels? and does anyone know whether there are 20" black wheels with red lips.. (also will 18" looks alrite if 20" are not available?) Really like Black Wheels with Red Lips think they look hot on Red Aurion..

i think they may be 18'' and the biggest i've seen are 19'' with the red ring,this was a Lenso wheel,but i'm pretty sure someone will prove me wrong and find some 20'' or 22'' with the red ring.

and yeah they do look hot on red or black cars.

i think they may be 18'' and the biggest i've seen are 19'' with the red ring,this was a Lenso wheel,but i'm pretty sure someone will prove me wrong and find some 20'' or 22'' with the red ring.

and yeah they do look hot on red or black cars.

They are Lenso's alright. But you can easily tell from looking at the tire that they are 19 inch. This will confirm it as well:

I'm sure that would be part of the Rims..

Btw, Is that 19"?

Hi Guys,

Yeh i love the look of the car now it changes how i feel about the ZR6, IM IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN.

The Lenso Type - M come with the red pin stripe standard that was another eye opener for me, the 18" look a little too small for the car so i went the extra Inch to keep the car higher but also looking mean, and the i had the excuse to lower the car to the Mrs. The Toyota's are too high standard so it had to be dropped for that TRD look im aiming for, Now just need a Grill.

Rick.

They are Lenso's alright. But you can easily tell from looking at the tire that they are 19 inch. This will confirm it as well:

Daryl, do you know where to get these wheels in Brisbane??

I wouldn't have a clue. I haven't really had to buy wheels before. Someone else should probably answer that. If I were to try, I'd probably go to Ozzy Tyres and ask if they can order them in and for how much.

www.tempetyres.com.au they are in Sydney but deliver OZ wide,i'm in Melbourne got my wheels thru them no dramas,i only bought the wheels,i sourced my own rubber down here.

www.tempetyres.com.au they are in Sydney but deliver OZ wide,i'm in Melbourne got my wheels thru them no dramas,i only bought the wheels,i sourced my own rubber down here.

Wow they certainly got a wide range of wheels, found the Lenso 19" wheels, just emailed them, will wait for their reply on price. Thanks for the info mate.. still trying to find 19" or 20" black wheels with red lips here in brisbane.. only manage to find 18" Advanti Wheels..

Wow they certainly got a wide range of wheels, found the Lenso 19" wheels, just emailed them, will wait for their reply on price. Thanks for the info mate.. still trying to find 19" or 20" black wheels with red lips here in brisbane.. only manage to find 18" Advanti Wheels..

your welcome,now it's time to VISULIZE them wheels on your car,look at the wheel picture,look at ya car,look at the wheel picture,look at ya car and so on and so on. :blink:

to be honest if the moon was the only place i could get the wheels i wanted,i would find a way of gettin em,so try not to limit yourself to local(if Brisbane's got em go for it),if there elsewhere snap em up.. ;)

p.s new shoes for ya ride is one of the most important cosmetic mods you can do,it sets the whole tone of the car and plays with other exterior mods,and it's one of the 1st things peoples eyes are drawn to.

so choose wisely grasshopper... :P

i thought these looked good for dark wheels

That what I would have liked for my Aurion. I think we should shift this discussion to another thread. Don't mean to be rude, but we're kind of steering off the track of the main purpose of this thread.

i thought these looked good for dark wheels

That what I would have liked for my Aurion. I think we should shift this discussion to another thread. Don't mean to be rude, but we're kind of steering off the track of the main purpose of this thread.

Sorry mate, will start a new topic on that.. cheers...

Hi guys, just decided to get the AUSPAC unit after reading this thread. Called Rob and got my unit for $789. He said this is a special price at the moment so if anyone is interested.

Now, I am wanting to install myself, but I have absolutely NO knowledge on cars and installation. Would it be possible for me to still do own installation with absolutely NO previous knowledge?

I think if I could get the head unit out, that would be easy plugging in all the cables, but how do I run the wire for the reverese camera? I got a quote from Autobarn as they do intallation at $88/hr. So thought might as well get them to do it. How long would it take average to install so I know roughly how long it would take them so they won't rip me off?

Thanks.

Hi guys, just decided to get the AUSPAC unit after reading this thread. Called Rob and got my unit for $789. He said this is a special price at the moment so if anyone is interested.

Now, I am wanting to install myself, but I have absolutely NO knowledge on cars and installation. Would it be possible for me to still do own installation with absolutely NO previous knowledge?

I think if I could get the head unit out, that would be easy plugging in all the cables, but how do I run the wire for the reverese camera? I got a quote from Autobarn as they do intallation at $88/hr. So thought might as well get them to do it. How long would it take average to install so I know roughly how long it would take them so they won't rip me off?

Installing the head unit itself is really, really simple. Without any knowledge or experience, I reckon you could fit the head unit in under an hour. It truly is plug and play.

Installing the reverse camera is relatively simple but requires a bit of mucking around. If you are fine with running cables and splicing into the appropriate wires, I would say the reverse camera would take no more than 1.5 to 2 hours depending on what camera you have and how you choose to mount it.

If getting someone to install it for you and they know what they are doing, I'd estimate it to take no more than 2 hours in total to do it all at once.

So, would it be better if I install head unit myself, but get a professional to put in the reverse camera and the wiring? Would this save cost or do you think it is better just to get them to do everything?

Anyone know of any car installer familiar with fitting the AUSPAC unit into an Aurion in Melbourne region? My post code is 3130 (I want the installer to do everything i.e the head unit plus reversing camera install)

Thanks.

Anyone know of any car installer familiar with fitting the AUSPAC unit into an Aurion in Melbourne region? My post code is 3130 (I want the installer to do everything i.e the head unit plus reversing camera install)

Thanks.

ya can try Pattersons Car Sound (Whitehorse rd) Maroondah hwy Blackburn,they are mobile so they come to you..

not sure of phone # but been around for years and will be in the phone book..

or Gary's Car Audio Maroondah hwy Mithcham they have a workshop..

hope this helps. B)

Just want to ask that has anyone successfuly installed the reverse camera on an Gen 6 Camry? I have already installed the head unit by myself, pretty simple job but i'm stuck at installing the reverse camera. The boot of a Gen 6 Camry is a bit different than an Aurion, it's WITHOUT a camera hole.

If anyone's done it, please shred some lights. Thanks.

Lang

Thanks.

I just got mine installed this week, was going to do it myself, actually pulled everything out but thought, no, better get it done properly.

From Geelong so probably too far away but they had never worked on an aurion before so it took them 4 hours to do the whole job. I was happy with the result.