DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

Whoa. Watch the pic quoting there. Anyways, the Auspack unit is a single DVD drive. One DVD holds a little more than 6 CD's so it's just as good. Even better though when you load the DVD up with MP3. No need to have it change discs every now and again.

Thanks mate. just thought i would add some pics of my Aurion & thanks to the Forum i have installed some Eclipse 6X9's in the Rear and sounds awesome, waiting to get an amp and DLS 960 for the front.

Wow nice rims, are those the Advanti Tenzos? I was planning to get those some time in the future.

Just to post something on topic, I have the Eclipse AVN6000 and it works beautifully. All steering wheel buttons are also functional.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

I am thinking to get AVIC-F900BT on my Aurion SX6 08 model. however, i am a bit concern with the steering wheel DISP button not working properly. I have read through the forum, and it doesn't seem like there is a solution to make the DISP works with aftermarket HU (besides the AUSPACK, or hiding the factory HU somewhere in the car with DISP wiring connected).

Have anyone here successfully made the DISP works ? Or, would CAT10 rectify the issue? (I thought CAT10 only controls the volume, tracks... but not the DISP)...

I don't think anyone here has tried the CAT10 approach... or they haven't been kind enough to speak of their experience. So far I can only recall JIN getting his steering wheel buttons to work with an aftermarket unit but that was done with the hack method with the old head unit. Because of that, we can't really guarantee that the CAT10 will solve the DISP button issue. We have tried to understand it, but without analysing the original PCB, it is hard to determine just how that DISP button works.

I did some research (just measurements) over here. This was quite a lengthy discussion from the thread 'Steering Wheel buttons'. I suggest you look through there. As it stands, it's like a stab in the dark. The only way to find out really is to try it. I sure couldn't figure it out.

yup~ i went through those forum, however there is no solid solution still.

hmm... i think i might have to hold the decision of getting a new HU until someone has actually work out the solution (not the hacking way :-)).

the reason i would like to change the hu is to put an subw amp with it. as far as i know, there is no pre-amp output(RCA) from factory hu so the only way to get the amp to work is to use the rear speakers output as source to the amp. (the amp supports the speakers output as source).

has anyone tried the sound quality? is it really bad?

I am thinking to get AVIC-F900BT on my Aurion SX6 08 model. however, i am a bit concern with the steering wheel DISP button not working properly. I have read through the forum, and it doesn't seem like there is a solution to make the DISP works with aftermarket HU (besides the AUSPACK, or hiding the factory HU somewhere in the car with DISP wiring connected).

Have anyone here successfully made the DISP works ? Or, would CAT10 rectify the issue? (I thought CAT10 only controls the volume, tracks... but not the DISP)...

I don't think anyone here has tried the CAT10 approach... or they haven't been kind enough to speak of their experience. So far I can only recall JIN getting his steering wheel buttons to work with an aftermarket unit but that was done with the hack method with the old head unit. Because of that, we can't really guarantee that the CAT10 will solve the DISP button issue. We have tried to understand it, but without analysing the original PCB, it is hard to determine just how that DISP button works.

I did some research (just measurements) over here. This was quite a lengthy discussion from the thread 'Steering Wheel buttons'. I suggest you look through there. As it stands, it's like a stab in the dark. The only way to find out really is to try it. I sure couldn't figure it out.

yup~ i went through those forum, however there is no solid solution still.

hmm... i think i might have to hold the decision of getting a new HU until someone has actually work out the solution (not the hacking way :-)).

the reason i would like to change the hu is to put an subw amp with it. as far as i know, there is no pre-amp output(RCA) from factory hu so the only way to get the amp to work is to use the rear speakers output as source to the amp. (the amp supports the speakers output as source).

has anyone tried the sound quality? is it really bad?

Not really bad (haven't tried on an Aurion, but plenty of other cars) but not ideal. Another solution (albeit probably more expensive in the long run, but you keep your stock headunit) is installing a sound processor like a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty, then running aftermarket amps/speakers off that. I've done that in a MY08 Lancer, '04 BMW M3, etc and it sounded spectacular. All the equalisation/setup is done through bluetooth - all you do is install the unit somewhere underneath your dash, connect it up to a bluetooth compatible laptop and do all the setup digitally.

I hate to say it, but this option is going to involve a lot of waiting. I don't think there are many people out there that can be bothered to work that stuff out. If people were that concerned about figuring stuff out for the Aurion, we would have more performance parts first.

I hate to say it, but this option is going to involve a lot of waiting. I don't think there are many people out there that can be bothered to work that stuff out. If people were that concerned about figuring stuff out for the Aurion, we would have more performance parts first.

what about fitting in an extra single DIN hu right underneath the A/C control?... the spaces seems promising... have any one tried to fit into that slot? i remember i read something about the 'depth' of that space somewhere ...

hmm....

what about fitting in an extra single DIN hu right underneath the A/C control?... the spaces seems promising... have any one tried to fit into that slot? i remember i read something about the 'depth' of that space somewhere ...

Fitting an extra head unit down there in addition to what is already in the car seems pointless. Plus, it was found that mounting a head unit there is too fiddly for most people.

Fitting an extra head unit down there in addition to what is already in the car seems pointless. Plus, it was found that mounting a head unit there is too fiddly for most people.

well, i guess the only option i have got is to get one of these AVC-6901 InCar DVD/GPS (Sat Nav) entertainment systems unit from auspack.

It should be no problem fitting that unit to Aurion SX6 08 model, right?... (all wheel buttons work.. etc)... if that's the case, i might just get it from auspack.

djkor, any other bad comment about the unit besides the note you posted in other forum?

Edited by jk23

My complaints have pretty much been stated already. In my opinion, if you are okay with the way a double DIN looks with a blank fascia plate, go for the Eclipse unit. Elgin has one and it works perfectly fine with the steering wheel controls.

My complaints have pretty much been stated already. In my opinion, if you are okay with the way a double DIN looks with a blank fascia plate, go for the Eclipse unit. Elgin has one and it works perfectly fine with the steering wheel controls.

can i have the details (where to get the unit from, and spec, etc... )..

really need to get this HU thingy done soon... hate to use the factory unit.. :-(

This is how mine looks like:

b44587d1.jpg

hey

that's not bad at all... thanks for the pic!!!! :-D

hmm...not sure which one should i go for, auspack or eclipse....the auspack (incl. all accessories and camera...) seems like is cheaper than eclipse...

not sure about eclipse av6000.

any idea what sort of price would i be looking at eclipse model? i guess i need to get facsia panel from toyota if i go with eclipse option, right?

hmm....

b44587d1.jpg

hey

hmm...not sure which one should i go for, auspack or eclipse....the auspack (incl. all accessories and camera...) seems like is cheaper than eclipse...

any idea what sort of price would i be looking at eclipse model? i guess i need to get facsia panel from toyota if i go with eclipse option, right?

hmm....

i went to northfield moorooka today, and they quote me 2700 for eclipse avn-6000 incl. installation, camera, ipod acc.

that's pricey....

what do u guys think?

• 3 weeks later...

b44587d1.jpg

hey

hmm....

i went to northfield moorooka today, and they quote me 2700 for eclipse avn-6000 incl. installation, camera, ipod acc.

that's pricey....

what do u guys think?

Hi it is expensive. Trying to pm u about the package i was quote at Northfield Macgregor but couldnt send thru. I am going down tomorrow if you are interested, email me at ingres.yap@gmail.com. Cheers.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odynia.org/aurion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. :)

bok

I just had my unit installed and as everyone had quoted It's SWEEET *****

anyway i've been tryin to get this Loading.bmp working but it just doesn't seem to work

i've tried these steps and played around with it but yet it still shows the normal loading page

also i keep getin this "Warning Please stop watching video player"...

although i haven't ground the wire but even wen my car's in park it wont show any movies

only the sound comes out. can anybody help me with this???

P/s is it just me or can't we send any private msgs anymore...

anyway i've been tryin to get this Loading.bmp working but it just doesn't seem to work

i've tried these steps and played around with it but yet it still shows the normal loading page

The best way is to open the 'Data.zip' file, navigate to 'ui_igo8/480_234', delete the 'loading.bmp' and replace it with new bmp making sure it is named 'loading.bmp'.

also i keep getin this "Warning Please stop watching video player"...

although i haven't ground the wire but even wen my car's in park it wont show any movies

only the sound comes out. can anybody help me with this???

If in install was done by the book, the ground sense wire should be connected to the park brake. If the video does not come on when the park brake is engaged, then this step wasn't completed correctly.

P/s is it just me or can't we send any private msgs anymore...

It's not just you. There are a couple of issues at the moment. Read about it here:

Umm.....somehting wrong with this forum?

nothing is wrong.

we had spammers spam load of members, so we closed the pm system down to stop them, then changed some settings.

If regular members cannot get to their inbox then all they need to do is post 1 time and the inbox will re-appear

cheers

Will this unit fit Camry Altise 2004?

The unit mentioned in this thread (AVC-6901), will only fit in the late 06+ Camry's and Aurion's. For your Camry you can fit a standard double DIN head unit with the use of an appropriate mounting kit as the stock unit is wider than a double DIN unit.

• 1 month later...

Okay guys, being such the nice person that I am, here is the next update for anyone using the Auspacks unit. I have taken the time (a good 3 hours of downloading and configuring) to obtain a copy of the latest version of iGO8 (version 8.3.2.80621, March 10, 2009).

You just need to download the ZIP file in the link below and extract it's contents into the root of your SD card (ie. place the iGO8 folder from inside the ZIP into your SD card). The program is fully configured and ready to run; you can just customise it as per your needs. This version will run on Auspack units running WinCE 4.2 (like mine), and WinCE 5.0 (the newer ones). I have even been nice enough to change the splash screen to the one created by 'bok' and I have even thrown in a few nice background images, though I'm sure you will probably leave it on the picture of the TRD engine bay (which I have set as the default).

Within this software, you will also find the latest Australian Navteq maps version 2008.Q3 (there are no known Sensis R15 maps that work with this version of iGO8), and UK and US English voices (the program is already set to run on UK English - Kate... because I think it sounds better). This version of iGO8 also has the ability to run Text-to-Speech, but I tried again and again to get it to work, but couldn't. Since I don't use the voice guidance anyways, I just gave up on it, and if you wish to get it working, that is your own task. I think this has to do with the fact that mine is running WinCE 4.2, so if you're running the later version, you may be able to get it running easier. You'll need to find the files yourself though.

So far from what I've seen with this version is that the mapping is more clearer than the previous version running Sensis R14 maps. It definitely feels different, but better than the Sensis maps in my opinion. This version also has 3D buildings here and there, but they aren't that fancy. One nice feature it has is lane assistance when on the highways. When you are approaching exits on the highway, it displays signs overhead that look like the large overhead signs on the road. It's useful so that you know which lane you need to be in.

Apart from that, there is not too much that is new with this unit, except that the maps are more recent and updated. I'd say it would be worth the upgrade if you are using a previous version of iGO8 since you can download this with the following link for free. Anyways, ENJOY.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/agc27ha/n/Auspacks_zip

Also, if you put this on your unit and find that it does not find any satellites, proceed with the following:

Go into your menu -> go right a page -> select 'GPS' -> remove the checkbox in 'GPS Enabled' -> then select 'Auto-detect'

Edit: File above has been edited to include new POI's as per my post below.

Okay guys, being such the nice person that I am, here is the next update for anyone using the Auspacks unit. I have taken the time (a good 3 hours of downloading and configuring) to obtain a copy of the latest version of iGO8 (version 8.3.2.80621, March 10, 2009).

You

it is official! i have a man-crush on Daryl! this is awesome thankyou so much for the time taken and willingness to share!!

sera709 had brought it to my attention that the version that I uploaded seems to be missing quite a few POI's. I had a look, and sure enough the POI file is 1.88MB versus the 13.9MB POI file in the previous version. This wasn't one of the things I tested before I uploaded... not everyone is perfect okay.

Now you can simply copy across the POI file from the older version to the newer version as they are compatible, but if you want to be more updated, I have included an update on the POI's below. This file is 17.7MB which is a whole 27.3% larger, which means 27.3% more POI's than the last. So simply download the ZIP file attached, extract the file 'Australia_productB.poi' and put it in the 'poi' folder in iGO8 (located in the 'content' folder). If I get the time, I will update the original file to make it easier for future downloads. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/223940584/Points.zip

Edit: The file in my previous post has been updated to include this. This link will remain here just in case.