DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

Cheers guys,

i got a quote today to have the camera installed i was quoted 1200.. thinking its a bit expensive since it aint genuine toyota what you guys think? or should i just but then kit from somewhere and do it my self?

also with that loading page on the nav how do i get that onto mine?? looks awsome

Twelve hundred. Man.... there is really that much money to be made in that business. LOL. Maybe I should start my own car electrical installation business. Anyways, I reckon you should get the camera and play with the wiring and whatnot, and have a feel for whether or not you can do it yourself. If not, then take the camera with you to a professional.

As for the loading screen, the instructions were all here. The 'data.zip' file is contained in the main iGO8 directory when you download it.

• 5 weeks later...

One more thing,

does anyone have a photo of the antennas etc required for this unit when there installed?

Does it look clean?

Thanks

I never installed the TV Antenna but i did install the GPS Antenna inside the dash board on top of one of the centre vents (another member suggested this). It works flawlessly and is totally out of sight.

I've installed the TV Antenna but don't anticipate ever actually using it. Its there though if I ever get stuck somewhere (ie, the wife keeps me waiting somewhere) and want to use it.

I ran all three (TV, GPS, Reversing Camera) to the back parcel shelf down the left as per DKzr6's post here. I have photos of the whole process; I'm putting together a step-by-step for those thinking about doing it themselves.

bok

Bok

Im installing my unit on the weekend. Im getting some help from DJ and i was looking for as much info as i can and i noticed your quote here i was just wondering if you went ahead with the step-by-step on installation and the photos. I couldnt find them

raimond :blink:

Edited by sera709

Im installing my unit on the weekend. Im getting some help from DJ and i was looking for as much info as i can and i noticed your quote here i was just wondering if you went ahead with the step-by-step on installation and the photos. I couldnt find them

raimond :blink:

I don't think there is a DIY floating around (from what I can remember anyways), but these instructions here should help get you started:

How do you remove factory audio unit?.

Once the stereo is out, it should kind of explain itself.

Went to check out on this Pioneer AVIC-F900BT car entertainment and navigation system, the cost range from $1800-$2000 (excluding installation). Anyone in this forum have this system on their Aurion?? I would like to see how it looks with a Toyota Aurion as the colour is not exactly matching.

Also any feedback about this system? Would really like to find out more before i decide whether to get this or not.

post-10825-1225856909_thumb.jpg

Went to check out on this Pioneer AVIC-F900BT car entertainment and navigation system, the cost range from $1800-$2000 (excluding installation). Anyone in this forum have this system on their Aurion?? I would like to see how it looks with a Toyota Aurion as the colour is not exactly matching.

Also any feedback about this system? Would really like to find out more before i decide whether to get this or not.

I bought that headunit, it was fanastic but the only down fall is that the steering wheel buttons didn't work with it which made me refund it in the end since i didn't want to get the CAT10 installed with it which would cost another 210-299$ depending where you buy it, just don't trust the infra red for it.

I'd prefer something more like the avic-6901 because of its compatiablity with the steering wheel buttons.

I bought that headunit, it was fanastic but the only down fall is that the steering wheel buttons didn't work with it which made me refund it in the end since i didn't want to get the CAT10 installed with it which would cost another 210-299$ depending where you buy it, just don't trust the infra red for it.

I'd prefer something more like the avic-6901 because of its compatiablity with the steering wheel buttons.

Thanks for the info, i think i will just get the Avic-6901 since quite a number of the Aurion owners have got that unit and it can be integrated with the steering wheel buttons. Cheers mate.

Sorry to kind of bump this thread, but because of recent issues, I have taken the effort to upload the iGO8 software (originally linked in this thread) setup to run on this head unit (or any other with a resolution of 480x234). This download contains the base software, maps for Australia (Sensis R14), and Australian POI's. Just extract onto your SD card and you're good to go. I don't know how long the link will remain active for since it seems that links to download iGO8 and maps for it keep getting deleted here and there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWJ2YBNJ

Sorry to kind of bump this thread, but because of recent issues, I have taken the effort to upload the iGO8 software (originally linked in this thread) setup to run on this head unit (or any other with a resolution of 480x234). This download contains the base software, maps for Australia (Sensis R14), and Australian POI's. Just extract onto your SD card and you're good to go. I don't know how long the link will remain active for since it seems that links to download iGO8 and maps for it keep getting deleted here and there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWJ2YBNJ

Thanks dj :D

ive recently purchased an 8 inch screen model from ebay ($1200)and have my auspack unit for sale ,slightly used 99% as new in 100% operational condition.ciomplete with all wiring looms and remote etc,, minus rear camera(installed in my car still).

so far im not really 100% happy with my new purchase,comparing to the auspack there is stuff all different bar the 8inch display,, but now have no use for the old auspack unit.

anyone interested contact me at fatsatman@bigpond.com

looking for $450 pp

ive recently purchased an 8 inch screen model from ebay ($1200)and have my auspack unit for sale ,slightly used 99% as new in 100% operational condition.ciomplete with all wiring looms and remote etc,, minus rear camera(installed in my car still).

so far im not really 100% happy with my new purchase,comparing to the auspack there is stuff all different bar the 8inch display,, but now have no use for the old auspack unit.

looking for $450 pp

My unit appears to have sold already to JIN , will post back if sale falls through,

also JIN ive used the igo8 software and it kicks **** ;-) get it while u can.

FAT

• 2 weeks later...

looking for $450 pp

My unit appears to have sold already to JIN , will post back if sale falls through,

also JIN ive used the igo8 software and it kicks **** ;-) get it while u can.

FAT

Thanks FAT.

Just got the IGO8 and trying to configure it.

I am really enjoying it! ;-)

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys

Could you please give me the details of any mechanics shops who can I install AVC 6901 in my aurion? I just bought from Rob and would like to get installed as soon as possible. Please recommend me anyone who can do this.. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Could you please give me the details of any mechanics shops who can I install AVC 6901 in my aurion? I just bought from Rob and would like to get installed as soon as possible. Please recommend me anyone who can do this.. Thanks in advance.

The best way to have it installed as soon as possible is to give it a go yourself. sera709 was willing to give it a shot and he managed to do it all on his own. It really is that user friendly. To recommend installers, we usually need to know where you are firstly. You failed to mention that both in your post and your sidebar details.

Hi Guys,

As discussed in the other thread here are some pics of my install with the various screens.

Things to note:

ALL the steering wheel buttons work perfectly. The display button for the trip computer works normally. Volume, and Up/Down buttons work normally. The mode button cycles between the various stereo functions ie. Radio, CD DVD, TV, Bluetooth etc etc.

The TV function works OK once you tune it. When you move the car into a different area, you may have to fine tune it each time. Doesn't really keep a stable picture while driving. (to be expected for tv though. Wouldn't watch while driving anyway)

You don't need to spend any extra money at all. It comes with camera, tv antenna, sat nav antenna, all wiring. I did however buy a different camera from ebay.

The camera it comes with is an excellent quality night vision camera, it does fit in the factory mounting hole, but the angle points a little too low. ie. could see my rear bumper and tow bar and about 50cm back from the car. Because of its size you can't angle it up any higher. I purchased a smaller camera ($35 ebay) which allows a higher angle and more vision. See pics below. You guys may be able to work out a better way to mount the included camera. The ebay one is not a night vision camera but works on 2 lux light. The included camera is way way better in the night that the ebay one i purchased. The ebay one is the same quality during the day, but has much more flexability for angle adjustment.

Like its already been mentioned, the beeping can get annoying so if you want to get past that, you should install an AMP and run the units pre-outs into the amp. The sound is a lot better.

I have eclipse 6x9's all round with an amp. sounds superb.

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

Overall i'm really happy with the unit and the service from Auspack Electronics. :yahoo:

Looks like an awesome unit and would like to get one.......... Just wondering if this is a 6CD Stacker or just a single CD Player??

Thanks

Rick.

Whoa. Watch the pic quoting there. Anyways, the Auspack unit is a single DVD drive. One DVD holds a little more than 6 CD's so it's just as good. Even better though when you load the DVD up with MP3. No need to have it change discs every now and again.

Whoa. Watch the pic quoting there. Anyways, the Auspack unit is a single DVD drive. One DVD holds a little more than 6 CD's so it's just as good. Even better though when you load the DVD up with MP3. No need to have it change discs every now and again.

Thanks mate. just thought i would add some pics of my Aurion & thanks to the Forum i have installed some Eclipse 6X9's in the Rear and sounds awesome, waiting to get an amp and DLS 960 for the front.

post-9891-1231721153_thumb.jpg

Love the rims RickyZR6. I was always wondering what black with a red lip would look like on a Wildfire Aurion. Looks hot. Looking at your Aurion in the thumbnail picture, it looks like a TRD. Grrrr. Wish I had the money to for new rims... or should I say, money to afford the Potenza Adrenalins for it.

hi guys

ive just got the auspack headunit about a 9 days ago and it works great but the bluetooth for my phone( tried others same) not working so great and no contacts list.. anyone no of a unit wich has good bluetooth and contact option. looking to sell my new unit and buy if anyone is intrested pm me with an offer. it has win ce 5 and igo8 this years model. bluetooth, gps and radio is the onlt things i use. i need something with better bluetooth basicly the rest works great

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I got the unit installed along with an amp and 4 new speakers, sounds awesome! But I put my bro's ipod touch into it and it wouldnt read it. Am I doing something wrong? And god damn my TV reception is fuzzy. lol

I can't help on the iPod issue. I refuse to buy Apple, so I've never really used the iPod cable. As for the TV reception, it definitely is a bit iffy sometimes. I could barely get reception and this was on my driveway with a clear direct line-of-sight view with the transmission towers. An aftermarket antenna may provide better results.

can this dvd player be installed also in an Aurion At-X model, or even in any toyota vehicle. if it needed to be, also is this touch screen and does the radio cut off when you receive a phone call. you can hear the person thru the radio speakers.

This head unit will install on any grade of Aurion, as well as any grade of the current generation Camry's. The unit is touch screen and yes the radio (or whatever was playing) will cut out when a call is received or started. The audio is routed through all speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking to get AVIC-F900BT on my Aurion SX6 08 model. however, i am a bit concern with the steering wheel DISP button not working properly. I have read through the forum, and it doesn't seem like there is a solution to make the DISP works with aftermarket HU (besides the AUSPACK, or hiding the factory HU somewhere in the car with DISP wiring connected).

Have anyone here successfully made the DISP works ? Or, would CAT10 rectify the issue? (I thought CAT10 only controls the volume, tracks... but not the DISP)...

any help is appreciated...

Edited by jk23

I am thinking to get AVIC-F900BT on my Aurion SX6 08 model. however, i am a bit concern with the steering wheel DISP button not working properly. I have read through the forum, and it doesn't seem like there is a solution to make the DISP works with aftermarket HU (besides the AUSPACK, or hiding the factory HU somewhere in the car with DISP wiring connected).

Have anyone here successfully made the DISP works ? Or, would CAT10 rectify the issue? (I thought CAT10 only controls the volume, tracks... but not the DISP)...

I don't think anyone here has tried the CAT10 approach... or they haven't been kind enough to speak of their experience. So far I can only recall JIN getting his steering wheel buttons to work with an aftermarket unit but that was done with the hack method with the old head unit. Because of that, we can't really guarantee that the CAT10 will solve the DISP button issue. We have tried to understand it, but without analysing the original PCB, it is hard to determine just how that DISP button works.

I did some research (just measurements) over here. This was quite a lengthy discussion from the thread 'Steering Wheel buttons'. I suggest you look through there. As it stands, it's like a stab in the dark. The only way to find out really is to try it. I sure couldn't figure it out.