DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

I have used CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW to play MP3s on my unit. With either format, when I turn the head unit/car off, next time I turn it back on, it would resume from the last song played, but at the beginning of it. That was my major annoyance with the unit, but it was something I got used to over time.

Sounds like yours is behaving a little strange. But given the quality of these units, it's not something out of the ordinary.

I have questioned the quality of my unit a few times and now it is to the point where I am using an MP3 player plugged into the AUX port because I simply can't trust how long the laser pickup is going to last on these units. Last thing I want is a busted laser because that is the only decent way to play video files.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odynia.org/aurion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. :)

bok

G'day!

Where did you get the font for AURION? Is it a TrueType font that can be downloaded?

Would like the alphabet in the AURION style font.

Thanks!

Edited by sthilzy

I have used CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW to play MP3s on my unit. With either format, when I turn the head unit/car off, next time I turn it back on, it would resume from the last song played, but at the beginning of it. That was my major annoyance with the unit, but it was something I got used to over time.

Sounds like yours is behaving a little strange. But given the quality of these units, it's not something out of the ordinary.

I have questioned the quality of my unit a few times and now it is to the point where I am using an MP3 player plugged into the AUX port because I simply can't trust how long the laser pickup is going to last on these units. Last thing I want is a busted laser because that is the only decent way to play video files.

Mine picks everything up from the last song played, USB, DVD, CD, it remembers. However that said, mine plays funny buggers with the steering wheel controls, it mixes them about. Sometimes I press the change song button and the volume goes up, etc. I had toyota look at the steering wheel and they said it was fine, so I dont know which one is at fault.

Where did you get the font for AURION? Is it a TrueType font that can be downloaded?

Would like the alphabet in the AURION style font.

I don't think it is a font you can download. That's just the Aurion logo which I would say was obtained from elsewhere.

Sometimes I press the change song button and the volume goes up, etc. I had toyota look at the steering wheel and they said it was fine, so I dont know which one is at fault.

Mine has done that once before. It then continued to automatically put the volume up 2 steps every second. A reset of the unit fixed that. Problem never returned.

When you say reset what exactly do you mean by that? Are there software settings or did you disconnect the power from the back and do it that way?

The little hole on the front of the head unit next to the right knob. A paperclip does the trick. Does not guarantee a fix though. Will also result in lost clock and radio settings.

When you say reset what exactly do you mean by that? Are there software settings or did you disconnect the power from the back and do it that way?

The little hole on the front of the head unit next to the right knob. A paperclip does the trick. Does not guarantee a fix though. Will also result in lost clock and radio settings.

Thanks, its worth a shot though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DJKOR,

Really nice work~! ok, if I just copy that data into a new SD card and plug it in would it work - the reason - as I am not that tech savy-at this stage I do not want to try anything on the card that came along with the unit - I rather try it on a new card and see how it works - if it does not then i would still have the old card.

I am unsure if it made sense but let me know if there is a way to just create a new SD card with all the info and that could replace the existing card.

thanks!

... if I just copy that data into a new SD card and plug it in would it work - the reason - as I am not that tech savy-at this stage I do not want to try anything on the card that came along with the unit - I rather try it on a new card and see how it works - if it does not then i would still have the old card.

I am unsure if it made sense but let me know if there is a way to just create a new SD card with all the info and that could replace the existing card.

All you need to do is copy over the iGO8 folder contained within the ZIP file over to the root directory of the included SD card, or any SD card for that matter. As long as there is room on it, you can copy it all over in addition to the other software.

Then you just exit the current navigation software that opens when you press the NAVI button then enter the navigation options menu and browse through the folders till you select 'igo8.exe' as the software. Then you're done.

You can use a different SD card if you want... it's up to you. With mine, I just backed up everything from the SD card that came with the unit to a folder on my PC. This way, if I kill the SD card, I can simply copy it to another and continue where I left off. Provided you don't erase anything necessary or break the card, there is nothing to worry about. They are just files after all.

• 4 weeks later...

SOmeone help me :( my Igo8 aint working anymore.

I mean usually the process would be let the music load after that click the "Navi" button on the left

and wait for a little loading icon in the middle which usually takes abt 2-3 seconds before Navigation

page shows up but now it just doesnt show up :(!!! Do you guys think if i went and download igo8 of the net

and replace the existing one with the downloaded Igo8, do u reckon it'll work? Or should i just ask the person

i got it off from?

regards,

y-try

• 5 weeks later...
a couple of my freinds have the AUSPAC units, is there a way that the radio works while the satnav is on ? still haven't got mine yet (waiting for good news from taxman).

All you do is press SRC and select what you want (in this case 'RADIO'), then once that is going, pressing NAVI will take you to the navigation software while the music plays in the background. This is how it is meant to work. Outside of this and something is not going right.

Just a note, when in NAVI mode, pressing the NAVI button again will mute the music and the screen will say 'GPS 2'. Pressing the NAVI button again though will un-mute the music.

The Auspack unit is not that advanced unfortunately. It has enough problems with just one phone as it is.

Daryl,

Could you briefly describe the bluetooth problems you've had?

With my Dig_Options unit when I receive a call it shows on the screen then I press answer and I cant hear anyone. I have to hang up or transfer to handset from the handset controls. Then after that fiasco some of the buttons dont work on the unit untill I switch it off then on again.

Are you having any problems like that?

Could you briefly describe the bluetooth problems you've had?

My only real issue is the delay of the damn thing. This explains the situation:

1) My phone starts ringing,

2) The music then goes mute,

3) The head unit switches to the bluetooth mode,

4) After about 5 seconds of my phone initially ringing, a tone is then output through the head unit,

5) I answer the phone, and need to wait 3-5 seconds before I can talk.

It's really a big difference to other bluetooth units. Before this in my old Camry, I had a Pioneer bluetooth unit; that thing was the bomb. It instantly switched to bluetooth mode with no lag and when the call ended, the music started up immediately. I guess that's the difference with quality.

With my Dig_Options unit when I receive a call it shows on the screen then I press answer and I cant hear anyone. I have to hang up or transfer to handset from the handset controls. Then after that fiasco some of the buttons dont work on the unit untill I switch it off then on again.

Are you having any problems like that?

Similar problems. It goes something like this.

Incoming calls:

- Answer on phone; sound is routed through handset only.

- Answer on head unit; sound is routed through head unit. Never did this with my old Sony Ericsson, my new phone is HTC Diamond.

Outgoing calls:

- Calls made from both phone and head unit are routed through head unit.

That's basically it. Haven't had pairing issues since the first couple of months of getting the unit. I must say though, the incoming calls problem is now no longer a problem for me. It just means that if I have someone else in the car, I can now take the call without it going through the head unit.

a couple of my freinds have the AUSPAC units, is there a way that the radio works while the satnav is on ? still haven't got mine yet (waiting for good news from taxman).

All you do is press SRC and select what you want (in this case 'RADIO'), then once that is going, pressing NAVI will take you to the navigation software while the music plays in the background. This is how it is meant to work. Outside of this and something is not going right.

Just a note, when in NAVI mode, pressing the NAVI button again will mute the music and the screen will say 'GPS 2'. Pressing the NAVI button again though will un-mute the music.

thanks DJKOR that is a huge help.

Ok, thanks heaps! They are different issues. Sounds like I wont get a resolution on the problem from the sellers.

Another issues using the blutooth when playing a mp3 dvd/cd. When it changes tracks the call cuts out for 3 seconds. You would think they would be smart enough to pause the track to free up resources.

I love your taste in phones! I loved my HTC Diamond before I had to hand it back because I quit my job.

Another issues using the blutooth when playing a mp3 dvd/cd. When it changes tracks the call cuts out for 3 seconds. You would think they would be smart enough to pause the track to free up resources.

Hmmm. I think you have the better of two evils. On the Auspack unit, if you are playing a CD etc, the music is stopped completely when it enters bluetooth mode. This means that if you were a couple of minutes into a song and get a call, when you end the call and it switches back to the CD player, you have to wait a good 10 seconds for it to load (like you just turned the head unit on), and then the songs starts up again at the beginning. Got really annoying when I would make a call and get a busy tone and then have to try again and again.... or when someone pranked my phone.

Now I use an MP3 combined with the AUX input. No issues there now. The music just keeps on playing on the MP3 player, but meh. At least it now changes back to the music much faster.

I love your taste in phones! I loved my HTC Diamond before I had to hand it back because I quit my job.

I was always a Sony Ericsson fan before this though. After buying a K750i when it first came out, I was completely hooked. I always kept upgrading getting the K800i, then the K850i. They were just so damn good at taking photos.

Then I wanted something different and got a HTC. Took a bit of getting used to, but now it's all good.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Can you advise where you ended up installing your GPS aerial?

I think there is a thread or post here that has pics, I think it is under the dash where the clock is...

Yeah, I would have thought the title was quite descriptive enough:

Positioning GPS antenna,

• 1 month later...
for those with the ipod cable, could you please enlighten me with how you ran it from the unit into the cabin? did you have to drill any holes?

cheers

At the back of your glovebox, there is a cutout that allows access to the cabin air filter. This is the perfect place to run your iPod cable if you intend on leaving it in the glovebox like most people. Only issue is the navigation for the iPod is crap on the Auspack unit and in my opinion, the idea of leaving it in the glovebox doesn't work out since you can probably control it easier on the iPod. Anyways, if it did work properly, this is what you would do.

Here is a photo for reference. There is lots of space to run the cable up to there from the head unit so no need to cut or drill:

dsc03394oy0.jpg

hey DJKOR thanks heaps once again (one of the thousands of thanks you have already received) haha. im looking at the service manuals to figure how to get that glove box out (i tried once and looks difficult), point me in the right direction/give me a hint :D

thanks again

hey DJKOR thanks heaps once again (one of the thousands of thanks you have already received) haha. im looking at the service manuals to figure how to get that glove box out (i tried once and looks difficult), point me in the right direction/give me a hint :D

You're welcome.

Firstly open the glove box and take out the three screws that are along the top edge. Then close the glove box and go underneath and remove the cover underneath the glove box. This is not necessary, but it helps to remove it. Then remove the passenger footwell kick panel next to the door. You will find one bolt under there that attaches to the glove box and another on the opposite side. Remove these with a 10mm socket/spanner and your glove box will be free to remove. Best way I find to remove it is to open the glove box again and kinda just pull it gently and it should pop off.

Better still, just follow step 23 onwards on page 23 of this service manual:

Instrument_Panel.pdf