DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

feels like its been ages since i visited the club! on the topic of IGO8, how often do they update the maps? We have a new freeway south of Perth and the satnav freaks out on me every time i use it......

Usually yearly. But if you don't want to pay for the upgrade, finding the maps is the fun part. Just so you know, that last working update of iGO8 with maps that I posted up took me a good 5 hours or so to find, download and test because some downloaded ones didn't work etc.

hey thanks for that will give it a go within the next few weeks. on that note. i just got my unit and have installed it up to the part where i run the sub+amp and reverse camera (do it all at once another day) and the system works great. i have 3 wires which i have absolutely no idea what they are for. 1 says MUTE, the other says P. Center, and the last one i guess is to connect in conjunction with the reverse camera as it says REVERSE but have no idea where to connect it to. any help would be great.

thanks heaps again DJKOR

i have 3 wires which i have absolutely no idea what they are for. 1 says MUTE, the other says P. Center, and the last one i guess is to connect in conjunction with the reverse camera as it says REVERSE but have no idea where to connect it to. any help would be great.

The 'MUTE' wire is mainly for aftermarket professional hands-free kits that have a GND output for when a call comes in. This is to mute your head unit when you get a call. I wouldn't worry about it for obvious reasons.

Not sure about the 'P.Centre'.

The 'REVERSE' wire I would assume would be for the reverse camera trigger. Usually this is a +12v trigger meaning that if you connect it to the positive side of one of your reverse lights, the head unit will change to the reverse camera mode automatically when you put your car into reverse.

1 says MUTE, the other says P. Center, and the last one i guess is to connect in conjunction with the reverse camera as it says REVERSE but have no idea where to connect it to. any help would be great.

Did you connect any wires to the parking brake? My guess is that this is for the movie function that blacks out the screen unless you are in park.

The easiest way to check this is play to a movie. If it doesnt show visual but you can hear audio then you havnt connected that wire. Then, while the movie is still playing strip and touch the P. Center wire to ground (there is a large metal bar going across that is gnd) and see if the visual comes on.

ahh i see. might have to ask the seller about the P.center.

with wiring the reverse wire to the positive of the brake light, the wire supplied is attached to the unit via the plugs supplied and is only about 20 cm long. as i really dont know much about cars im thinking this wont be long enough to wire to the positive of the brake light. anyways thanks once again.

believe it or not i didnt have to ground any wires to the handbrake (or body) as the unit comes already ground internally somehow/it doesn't need to be ground to work.

Edited by sx6er

believe it or not i didnt have to ground any wires to the handbrake (or body) as the unit comes already ground internally somehow/it doesn't need to be ground to work.

That is normal. These units really are plug and play for the most part.

Have you tried playing a movie?

yes i have and the system works flawlessly it really is better than what the price would suggest. i am really happy with the system, next big task is to wire sub + amp and the reverse camera and everything will be set.

with wiring the reverse wire to the positive of the brake light, the wire supplied is attached to the unit via the plugs supplied and is only about 20 cm long. as i really dont know much about cars im thinking this wont be long enough to wire to the positive of the brake light. anyways thanks once again.

Firstly, you mean reverse light.

Secondly, you can easily extend the wires by using solder to join an extra length or ddo what I did and use crimp connectors.

Reverse (pink)

I connected mine by extending the wire and connecting it in the passenger side kick panel. Photos can be seen here.

P.CNTR (blue white)

Under standard head unit wiring, blue/white usually represents a remote turn on for an amplifier. If you have a multimeter you can test to see if this wire goes to +12v when the head unit is turned on. If so, you can use this to turn on any amps you have/plan to have in the future. Looking at the diagram in the manual you have provided, this seems to be the likely candidate since there is no other wire marked for the amp remote trigger.

Previously I thought the 'CNTR' stood for 'CENTRE', but I guess they meant 'CONTROL'.

Mute (brown)

Leave disconnected. Chances are you don't have any hardware to utilise it.

... parking

Just connect it to the casing of the head unit. Secure it under a screw that holds it together.

Reverse (pink)

I connected mine by extending the wire and connecting it in the passenger side kick panel. Photos can be seen here.

P.CNTR (blue white)

Under standard head unit wiring, blue/white usually represents a remote turn on for an amplifier. If you have a multimeter you can test to see if this wire goes to +12v when the head unit is turned on. If so, you can use this to turn on any amps you have/plan to have in the future. Looking at the diagram in the manual you have provided, this seems to be the likely candidate since there is no other wire marked for the amp remote trigger.

Previously I thought the 'CNTR' stood for 'CENTRE', but I guess they meant 'CONTROL'.

Mute (brown)

... parking

Just connect it to the casing of the head unit. Secure it under a screw that holds it together.

Thanks very much DJ. I will give it a go after X-mass.

QUOTE (DJKOR @ Dec 24 2009, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE (Lak005 @ Dec 23 2009, 05:51 PM) *

Reverse (pink)

Is this wire makes the camera to switch on automatically, when I move the gear shift to reverse? At this moment I can go into main menu and select camera it works. Thanks again for your help.

Reverse (pink)

P.CNTR (blue white)

Mute (brown)

... parking

I connected the pink wire as you suggested. But with my unit the reverse camera stays on all the time, I cannot get in to any other application. Any ideas!

Is this wire makes the camera to switch on automatically, when I move the gear shift to reverse? At this moment I can go into main menu and select camera it works. Thanks again for your help.

Yes this is the wire to make it switch automatically went you put it into reverse.

I connected the pink wire as you suggested. But with my unit the reverse camera stays on all the time, I cannot get in to any other application. Any ideas!

I would most likely think you connected it to the wrong red wire. One of those red wires is constant +12v, the other is +12v only when in reverse (as it runs to the reverse lights). Are you sure you connected it to the correct red wire?

... and the reverse +12v sense (pink wire) which I connected to the harness in the passenger kick panel that leads to the reverse lights (shown below).

dsc02442lr2.th.jpg

dsc02436ay5.th.jpg

If you go that route, the plug that you will tap into has two red wires.
The one you are after is that one with the silver dot on it

Yes this is the wire to make it switch automatically went you put it into reverse.

I would most likely think you connected it to the wrong red wire. One of those red wires is constant +12v, the other is +12v only when in reverse (as it runs to the reverse lights). Are you sure you connected it to the correct red wire?

... and the reverse +12v sense (pink wire) which I connected to the harness in the passenger kick panel that leads to the reverse lights (shown below).

dsc02442lr2.th.jpg

dsc02436ay5.th.jpg

If you go that route, the plug that you will tap into has two red wires.
The one you are after is that one with the silver dot on it

I did connect to red wire with dot on it, but I was testing this unit with video movie camera witch runs on 240 volt. I was using only RCA yellow cable plugged into the video move camera. Because my original reverse camera came with unit blown up. I use the power supply from the cigarette lighter.

Now I have tap the power supply from reverse light in the boot. Is this correct? I have to buy a new camera any suggestions.

Thanks again DJ

Now I have tap the power supply from reverse light in the boot. Is this correct?

Well that is an option, but alternatively (and a much neater way) would be to use a multimeter and find which wire in the passenger kick panel leads to the reverse lights.

I have to buy a new camera any suggestions.

It all comes down to how you want it to look. I would just recommend searching eBay for reverse cameras and looking for one you like.

Hi Guys,

As discussed in the other thread here are some pics of my install with the various screens.

Things to note:

ALL the steering wheel buttons work perfectly. The display button for the trip computer works normally. Volume, and Up/Down buttons work normally. The mode button cycles between the various stereo functions ie. Radio, CD DVD, TV, Bluetooth etc etc.

The TV function works OK once you tune it. When you move the car into a different area, you may have to fine tune it each time. Doesn't really keep a stable picture while driving. (to be expected for tv though. Wouldn't watch while driving anyway)

You don't need to spend any extra money at all. It comes with camera, tv antenna, sat nav antenna, all wiring. I did however buy a different camera from ebay.

The camera it comes with is an excellent quality night vision camera, it does fit in the factory mounting hole, but the angle points a little too low. ie. could see my rear bumper and tow bar and about 50cm back from the car. Because of its size you can't angle it up any higher. I purchased a smaller camera ($35 ebay) which allows a higher angle and more vision. See pics below. You guys may be able to work out a better way to mount the included camera. The ebay one is not a night vision camera but works on 2 lux light. The included camera is way way better in the night that the ebay one i purchased. The ebay one is the same quality during the day, but has much more flexability for angle adjustment.

Like its already been mentioned, the beeping can get annoying so if you want to get past that, you should install an AMP and run the units pre-outs into the amp. The sound is a lot better.

I have eclipse 6x9's all round with an amp. sounds superb.

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

Overall i'm really happy with the unit and the service from Auspack Electronics. :yahoo:

I am trying to buy the reverse camera for my Aurion ZR6 2008. The camera came with the unit I could fit into the original hole and blown up. Would you have pitchers of reverse camera, fitted in the original plastic cover plate? If possible you could give me eBay seller details. Thanks

I am trying to buy the reverse camera for my Aurion ZR6 2008. The camera came with the unit I could fit into the original hole and blown up. Would you have pitchers of reverse camera, fitted in the original plastic cover plate? If possible you could give me eBay seller details. Thanks

Watch out with the photo quoting there :P

Anyways, a camera that seems to be a good fit would be the one specified in the thread here:

Toyota Aurion Reversing Camera Installation

I have the Auspack unit. For the last 2 days while listening to the radio for some unknown reason the radio station changes by itself.

If i am listening to any station for eg. 96.5 (which is one of our local stations) it will just move off the frequency to 96.45 all by itself. I change it back it does it one more time then it stays on 96.5, Weird. It's happened evrytime i use the radio..... ANYONE else has that problem????????????????

Hey Guys,

i apologise if this has been asked and answered in the past but how many pre-out's does this unit have and is there a separate Sub out? Cheers and thanks