DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

Mine hasnt found a signal yet, i might have to reposition the sensor

Put it in top of the inside of the dash, might need to move it further forward

it reads "NO GPS" in the bottom right of the screen when in navigation mode,

Is there any settings i may need to adjust?

A good place for the antenna is inside the dash behind the clock on top of one of the A/C vents. The no GPS error sounds like the unit isn't set up correctly. Try to enter the GPS setup within the program and make sure that COM port 2 is selected.

This is where my antenna is mounted. You can see it on top of the left vent. No issues whatsoever:

dsc02679xv5.jpg

A good place for the antenna is inside the dash behind the clock on top of one of the A/C vents. The no GPS error sounds like the unit isn't set up correctly. Try to enter the GPS setup within the program and make sure that COM port 2 is selected.

Also a baud rate of 4800.

Also a baud rate of 4800.

So now that your Aurion is gone - whats your next car?

I bought a Honda Accord Euro Luxury with Sat Navigation. There isn't a single rattle in this car at all and there is no guess how well this one is put together not to mention the quality materials in it.

But Kudo's to Toyota Australia for finally ending my 10month nightmare. Details on exactley what transpired at the end are confidential but lets just say i am a happy man, finally.

I bought a Honda Accord Euro Luxury with Sat Navigation. There isn't a single rattle in this car at all and there is no guess how well this one is put together not to mention the quality materials in it.

But Kudo's to Toyota Australia for finally ending my 10month nightmare. Details on exactley what transpired at the end are confidential but lets just say i am a happy man, finally.

time to sell then?

Edited by Freddo

Ive got a Honda Accord Euro luxury also,

Nice Car to own, but dont held your breath on never getting any rattles, they seem to develop a few rattles and creaks here and there over time, mine isnt used very often and has developed noises, dealers havent been much help at all, great cars to drive though, slightly underpowered but once you get over that they have a great chassis :)

did you get the new shape?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odynia.org/aurion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. :)

bok

Thanks bok - works perfectly :clap:

Added my wifes name to the image (her car) - have said nothing, will freak her out when she turns on the SATNAV. :yahoo:

Thanks again.

I finally got round to installing Igo8, much better i must say

i have sensis v14 maps, but igo won't pick them up

Should they just be in the Content>Map folder

do i need to change the license document for them to show up?

any help on this would be great

I finally got round to installing Igo8, much better i must say

i have sensis v14 maps, but igo won't pick them up

Should they just be in the Content>Map folder

do i need to change the license document for them to show up?

any help on this would be great

That is correct. The map needs to be in the 'Content>Map' folder. Does your map file end in the extension 'fbl'? For example, my map file is 'Australia8_R14_071017.fbl'.

As well, when I obtained my map, I downloaded a 'DEM' file. Beats me what it does (it maybe 3D terrain from what I have gathered) but that goes in the 'Content>Dem' folder. I don't know if that makes any difference to whether the map will work.

The honda is very well built I test drove one last week very impressive esp the 6 cylinder accord

Hey Everyone, I found a unit on Ebay for $700.

Check it out here... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-DVD-Player-with-B...eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQc

Does you think this would be ok to use?

Thanks

That one certainly looks interesting. It has similar styling to the one that we were talking about here just with some minor differences. It appears that it has an external GPS unit as you can see in the product photo. It would be interesting to see what its GUI looks like since they have failed to show that in the product listing. It would be a little bit of a risk buying it though unless you could find others that have the same unit. But I guess ther eis always gonna be someone to take the risk. Just like DKzr6 was one of the first ones here to take the plunge and get the Auspack unit.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Everyone, I found a unit on Ebay for $700.

Check it out here... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-DVD-Player-with-B...eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQc

Does you think this would be ok to use?

Thanks

That one certainly looks interesting. It has similar styling to the one that we were talking about here just with some minor differences. It appears that it has an external GPS unit as you can see in the product photo. It would be interesting to see what its GUI looks like since they have failed to show that in the product listing. It would be a little bit of a risk buying it though unless you could find others that have the same unit. But I guess ther eis always gonna be someone to take the risk. Just like DKzr6 was one of the first ones here to take the plunge and get the Auspack unit.

Well finally got my auspack unit installed and after only 3 days of having my unit installed(bought it about 2 months ago)have found a problem with the screen,, appears to have some sort of screen burn in,,when watching all forms of video it shows traces of the radios display right in the center off the screen , where the freq presets are displayed, will contact auspack tommorrow,not happy about haveing to uninstall it to send it back,,,anyone have any ideas?or hav the same prob?aaaarrrrggggghhhhh NOT HAPPY JAN :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to get TomTom or iGO8 PNA running in this unit with Windows CE 5.0?

I tried many versions of TomTom and iGO8 but none of them works.

I cannot get iGO8 to load up at all, I have already checked the sys.txt is pointed to correct location (app="%SDCARD%/iGO8" when my iGO8 folder is at root of SD card.)

TomTom 6 and 7 loaded, but cannot find any map. My map folders are at root. Since it is not PPC, I cannot edit the register and I don't know how to patch the exe to point it to my maps folders. My card name is TomTom, not sure if it is the reason why it is not working.

If you are able to get any GPS software other than Route 66 working in Windows CE 5.0 environment, please tell me which software, version and your setup.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Wonder anyone encounter this at all? The screen just go blank in with white background. try reset the system problem remain. Funny thing was everything still working except the screen with no display except. Email Rob this morning, no reply so far.

post-4664-1222390168_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

Wonder anyone encounter this at all? The screen just go blank in with white background. try reset the system problem remain. Funny thing was everything still working except the screen with no display except. Email Rob this morning, no reply so far.

I've encountered a similar problem in the past. It's only happened twice when it was new and never happened since. I would get the white screen, but only on the NAVI page. If I went back to the stereo, it would display fine, but when I press NAVI, it would go to a white screen. It was kinda weird when it happened as well. The screen like washed away to white (in the way an etch-a-sketch clears). I think it was all related to the iGO8 when I was initially experimenting with it though. I found for that issue, pressing the reset button didn't help, and the only way to fix it was to cut power to the unit (by turning the car off) and then turning it back on again.

With any issues though, the support that Rob gives is exceptional. He will take the time to contact the manufacturer to help find out what is wrong; hopefully saving you from doing a warranty return. I had a problem some time ago that he was able to solve for me.

Thanks for your reply. Rob had reply my email and he have contacted the manufacturer about this issue as he have never seen this before. For me, non of the buttons work to change the screen. The only thing that work is the Brightness button which change the contrast in 3 levels. Basically the screen is out the rest remain working. I have a feeling it was the graphics card or something like that fail. Anyway, I have taken it out and waiting for Rob to reply and send it back to him for troubleshooting. Just brought my old portable Sat Nav out to use it again. Will keep you guy posted.

Hi guys,

I've encountered a similar problem in the past. It's only happened twice when it was new and never happened since. I would get the white screen, but only on the NAVI page. If I went back to the stereo, it would display fine, but when I press NAVI, it would go to a white screen. It was kinda weird when it happened as well. The screen like washed away to white (in the way an etch-a-sketch clears). I think it was all related to the iGO8 when I was initially experimenting with it though. I found for that issue, pressing the reset button didn't help, and the only way to fix it was to cut power to the unit (by turning the car off) and then turning it back on again.

With any issues though, the support that Rob gives is exceptional. He will take the time to contact the manufacturer to help find out what is wrong; hopefully saving you from doing a warranty return. I had a problem some time ago that he was able to solve for me.

The screen like washed away to white (in the way an etch-a-sketch clears). I think it was all related to the iGO8 when I was initially experimenting with it though.

funny I get that occasionally on my "LogicGear" portable GPS which also runs iGo

similarly I have to cut power and reboot

Ali,

They hide underneath the plastic panel that houses the number plate lights... You'll find about an inch gap in yours where there is nothing in it...

Thats where the standard ones are fitted to the Prodigy's...

ahhh ok can you take some pics for me of one that has this installed? also will it work with my standard HU??

Cheers guys,

i got a quote today to have the camera installed i was quoted 1200.. thinking its a bit expensive since it aint genuine toyota what you guys think? or should i just but then kit from somewhere and do it my self?

also with that loading page on the nav how do i get that onto mine?? looks awsome