DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

Just called up Auspack today and was told I've just missed out on the latest shipment. Next shipment apparently due 2-3 weeks. Urghh...

Was also told we could probably install Tomtom on it .. which would be GREAT news...

What The?

I sent Rob from Auspack an email yesterday and he said he was expecting the new stock to arrive today (28/05/08) and didn't mention anything about this stock already being pre-sold.

I was just about to make payment until you said that but now I'm hesitant about waiting a further 2-3 weeks.

Better send him another email and ask for confirmation about all this.

Yeah was told all 20 new units have been sold and there are already 2 on back-order. I told him to add one more for me....

Kinda disappointed coz really been wanting to get a GPS unit for my car for awhile. Nearly took the plunge on the TomTom 720 unit at Harvey Norman last week.

Does the outside temp' still work properly on the instrument panel display?

I have read of loss of the temp' readout after the installation of some DVD/NAV units.

Everything still works as it used to. All steering wheel buttons and display features.

You don't lose any functionality at all.

I sent him an email yesterday and Rob said they do

have stock?

Yeah, I sent him an email yesterday too and he told me he had set one aside for me as I sent him an email 2 weeks ago asking to purchase one and he said he had just sold out. I said I would contact him in 10 days again (when Rob said he was expecting new stock) and purchase one then, but I was surprised that he did actually set one aside for me (cause I didn't really specifically ask him to do that), so I'm extremely happy and can't wait to get it!

I wish I knew about these when I bought my Aurion. I had an ipod unit installed that shows song title etc on the cars existing screen. It also uses the cars existing stereo controls. Unless you have the factory sat nav unit it is really limited. I also had a parrot blue tooth hands free kit installed at the same time. together they cost $200 more. And thats not including the tacky looking sat nav unit stuck to the windscreen.

Mines reserved for (hopefully) late next week :D

Anyone tried using something like an OBD Key with one of these? http://www.obdkey.com/

Thinking of giving it a go :-) Will post details if I do.

bok

I can't picture the OBD Key working with the head unit. Unless of course you could mess around with the head unit's firmware to enable it to run Windows Mobile applications.

Well its a standard Windows CE 4.2 install. I've emailed the obdkey guys to find out if its likely to run so we'll see soon enough :-)

I won't hijack the thread any further though, nice pics on the install. Definitely swayed me to order one of these!

bok

Very nice!

Just wondering, at night when you switch the driving lights on is the back light colour on the head unit that greenish blue colour like on the standard head unit?

thanks

$900? Seriously?

That looks sweet, when u can also play DVDs with it, thou i like the factory layout 1's better.

Just wonderin if the Factory's 1 can play DVD-Movie 1...I dun mind addin a couple hundred..

You can play DVD's anytime with it provided you earth the wire on the stereo which is supposed to connect to the handbrake.

The factory one costs over $3000 i think.

$900? Seriously?

That looks sweet, when u can also play DVDs with it, thou i like the factory layout 1's better.

Just wonderin if the Factory's 1 can play DVD-Movie 1...I dun mind addin a couple hundred..

You can play DVD's anytime with it provided you earth the wire on the stereo which is supposed to connect to the handbrake.

Yes just make sure cops don't see you driving with a DVD playing othewise you can get booked. Its a safety feature for it to be connected to the handbrake, but really silly IMO.

I have yet to do it for my Kenwood HU, ive been to happy with my sub and playing music only so far....

Looking to get a Digital TV tuner for the car, so late night cruises on the weekend I can tune into ABC Rage :)

Sorry, No experience in Audio at all..

So the Normal Discs slot [Not the GPS] can actually play a Dvd?

$900? Seriously?

$900? Seriously?

Yes just make sure cops don't see you driving with a DVD playing othewise you can get booked. Its a safety feature for it to be connected to the handbrake, but really silly IMO.

I have yet to do it for my Kenwood HU, ive been to happy with my sub and playing music only so far....

Looking to get a Digital TV tuner for the car, so late night cruises on the weekend I can tune into ABC Rage :)

There is only 1 Disc slot. It can play CD/DVD/MP3/WMA. The GPS software is installed on a 1gb SD card which is located in a slot in the front of the Nav Unit. THere is also a USB connector on the front of the unit.

$900? Seriously?

$900? Seriously?

There is only 1 Disc slot. It can play CD/DVD/MP3/WMA. The GPS software is installed on a 1gb SD card which is located in a slot in the front of the Nav Unit. THere is also a USB connector on the front of the unit.

With the Factory one, the GPS software is within a Dvd...

So there are 2 Disc Slots. One which can holds 4 CD [Which is what I'm talkin about] and one where it says "DVD" - but used for the GPS..

Sorry, Sounds very noob of me. That's how i Understand it..

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine and installed it. So far I'm pretty happy with it but then I've only had it a few days.

I plan on doing a load of customisation with it, so I'll keep you guys updated in a separate thread :-)

bok

I plan on doing a load of customisation with it, so I'll keep you guys updated in a separate thread :-)

Please do!

I second that!!

I see in an Aussie VW forum people are playing around with their unit (which has exactly the same software as ours except it's made specifically to suit VW vehicles) and playing around with it to try and change the user interface and stuff. Worth checking out this forum, learnt a lot of stuff from there.

I strongly urge you to have a look:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39584

Edited by Sanz

I had my Auspack unit installed this morning and dissapointingly the skip left and skip right buttons on the steering wheel work the wrong way around. Furthermore i can't find any button to enable Stereo on the radio as it's full time on mono.

I have emailed Rob awaiting a response.

Pickup the unit up for $899.00.

After speaking with Auspack the Stereo issue has been resolved.

I noticed the tuners are very weak on these units, anyone else notice this? I am wondering if it has something to do with the antenna booster behind the right rear cover (between rear door and window).

Pickup the unit up for $899.00.

After speaking with Auspack the Stereo issue has been resolved.

I noticed the tuners are very weak on these units, anyone else notice this? I am wondering if it has something to do with the antenna booster behind the right rear cover (between rear door and window).

?

hi mate,

how was your problem solved ?

ive just ordered one of these from rob yesterday.

The stereo issue was a setting but since the manual is very basic and doesn't mention this setting on how to get to the "ST" function i didn't know it existed.

I am waiting for a response from Rob in regards to the transposed seek buttons on the steering wheel and the weak radio reception.

The stereo issue was a setting but since the manual is very basic and doesn't mention this setting on how to get to the "ST" function i didn't know it existed.

Where do you find said setting? Having the same problem here..

bok

Where do you find said setting? Having the same problem here..

bok

Is your seek buttons on the steering wheel working around the wrong way?

a/ with the radio working push the SRC key to go to the main menu.

b/ Go to the set up menu in the bottom right hand corner.

c/ Where it says RDS push this and turn off.

d/ Go back to the radio setting and in the bottom right hand corner there is a ST button which you can push.

e/ The unit should now be in Stereo.

Greg

I senond that!!

I see in an Aussie VW forum people are playing around with their unit (which has exactly the same software as ours except it's made specifically to suit VW vehicles) and playing around with it to try and change the user interface and stuff. Worth checking out this forum, learnt a lot of stuff from there.

I strongly urge you to have a look:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39584

Nice find!

There's a load of useful information there with what they've found, including changing the satellite navigation software from Route 66 to iGo/MIO.

Will have to spend a bit of time catching up with what they've posted.

Thanks,

bok