DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

I senond that!!

I see in an Aussie VW forum people are playing around with their unit (which has exactly the same software as ours except it's made specifically to suit VW vehicles) and playing around with it to try and change the user interface and stuff. Worth checking out this forum, learnt a lot of stuff from there.

I strongly urge you to have a look:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39584

Nice find!

There's a load of useful information there with what they've found, including changing the satellite navigation software from Route 66 to iGo/MIO.

Will have to spend a bit of time catching up with what they've posted.

Thanks,

bok

Yep!

I am currently running Finean V3 and Igo V8. Let me tell you, Igo is an awesome GPS software. I strongly urge you to install this prog on the unit. Route 66 was ok but I wasn't a huge fan of the graphics whereas Igo looks absolutely fantastic!

It's very easy to install other GPS software on this unit (I have 3 installed on the SD card in total), if anyone needs help let me know.

Yep!

I am currently running Finean V3 and Igo V8. Let me tell you, Igo is an awesome GPS software. I strongly urge you to install this prog on the unit. Route 66 was ok but I wasn't a huge fan of the graphics whereas Igo looks absolutely fantastic!

It's very easy to install other GPS software on this unit (I have 3 installed on the SD card in total), if anyone needs help let me know.

I could do with some help. I have a copy of IGO8 aand Aussie Maps but not sure if it's the right one. If it is how do i get this to work on the AVC?

Oh, radio reception issue resolved. It was an issue with two transposed pins on the supplied loom.

Yep!

I could do with some help. I have a copy of IGO8 aand Aussie Maps but not sure if it's the right one. If it is how do i get this to work on the AVC?

Oh, radio reception issue resolved. It was an issue with two transposed pins on the supplied loom.

Check your messages. Once you have the right version installed, it really is a peace of cake - trust me!

Edited by Sanz

Yep!

Check your messages. Once you have the right version installed, it really is a peace of cake - trust me!

All done. I'n now running IGO8, Finean and Route66 on the one SD Card. You don't happen to have an Australian language file for IGO8 do you?

Yep!

All done. I'n now running IGO8, Finean and Route66 on the one SD Card. You don't happen to have an Australian language file for IGO8 do you?

i cant seem to find a version of igo8 that displays right and cant figure out how to get finean to see the maps,,

dont want to be a GIMME,,,

but can you upload the 3 in 1 contents of your SD ?

another software that i HAVE got working is McGuider ,,if anyones interested.

For those of us who don't yet have it, any suggestions on where to purchase Igo? Google is so far turning up nada (unless they OEM it under a different name that I can't find :) )

Cheers,

bok

I'm sorry but no-one is going to hand out the software to you. We all have spent days looking and downloading ourselves to get it working. It's all a frustrating but a learning excersize.

Yep!

BlueAurionSX6,

May I know how do you resolve the weak reception problem, which pins and how? Otherwise will have to email Auspack.

Thanks,

I'm sorry but no-one is going to hand out the software to you. We all have spent days looking and downloading ourselves to get it working. It's all a frustrating but a learning excersize.

I wasn't asking you to? (unless you're talking to fatsatman?). The keyword in my original request was purchase, as in does anyone know of a local distributor? :lol:

bok

well, its was worth a try,, :blink::rolleyes:

ive been going through hell for weeks now,,,trying everything ,with some help from sanz ive got to the point where it displays full screen(igo v 8 im talking about) and boots fine,,, but when you actually go to navigate to somewhere the screen goes blank and turns off,,, need to reboot to get it back...any ideas

FAT

BlueAurionSX6,

May I know how do you resolve the weak reception problem, which pins and how? Otherwise will have to email Auspack.

Thanks,

My loom had the blue (antenna amplifer) and the cutoff grey/black wire pushed in the wrong way around. I simply looked at the service manual pages to workout the pinouts. I have been told by others that their looms were fine so i assume it was just an isolated case.

well, its was worth a try,, :blink::rolleyes:

ive been going through hell for weeks now,,,trying everything ,with some help from sanz ive got to the point where it displays full screen(igo v 8 im talking about) and boots fine,,, but when you actually go to navigate to somewhere the screen goes blank and turns off,,, need to reboot to get it back...any ideas

FAT

I could upload the correct data and sys.txt file needed in order to get Igo working 100%. Problem is, its over 8mg. What's the easiest way to upload something? Megaupload? Rapidshare? (without it costing anything of course).

I would be willing to upload the whole Igo GPS program if someone can give me any suggestions? Then all you would obviously have to do is to transfer the file, as is, onto your SD card and away you go!

I would be willing to upload the whole Igo GPS program if someone can give me any suggestions? Then all you would obviously have to do is to transfer the file, as is, onto your SD card and away you go!

Here is a link - http://rapidshare.com/files/122782141/IGO8_PNA.zip.html (It should have the sys file configured for you already)

Now you need to find the Australian Maps file to go with it.

Here is a link - http://rapidshare.com/files/122782141/IGO8_PNA.zip.html (It should have the sys file configured for you already)

thanks mate,,

ill try again,,finished donwloading but was currupt.

thanks mate,,

ill try again,,finished donwloading but was currupt.

can someone else confirm the file downloads incomplete?

Downloaded and unzipped fine here. Many many thanks!

Hi Guys,

Not sure if you can help however I have the Prado running V10 and it is really crap based on what i am used to...can this unity be upgraded to the Auspak one does anyone know?

Si

Edited by Olywood

Hi Guys,

Not sure if you can help however I have the Prado running V10 and it is really crap based on what i am used to...can this unity be upgraded to the Auspak one does anyone know?

Si

Thanks Guys,,,

Lucky ive got a premo account,,

third time lucky and all working here.

Igo8 does appear to be pretty good so far.

Now to find a finean v3 that see's the maps,,

Cheeers

FAT

Hi Guys,

Si

Hi Olywood,

I'd say no, probably not. The AVC-6901 that we're talking about here is designed for the Aurion/Camry. However, Auspack does sell the same unit in generic double-din configurations (I believe it is the same unit, can't say for sure).

Your best bet would probably be to email Rob @ Auspack (see the website) and he'd be able to give you a definite answer.

bok

Hi Guys,

Si

Hi Olywood,

I'd say no, probably not. The AVC-6901 that we're talking about here is designed for the Aurion/Camry. However, Auspack does sell the same unit in generic double-din configurations (I believe it is the same unit, can't say for sure).

Your best bet would probably be to email Rob @ Auspack (see the website) and he'd be able to give you a definite answer.

bok

Hi Guys,

Can anyone share some lights here on how to get the file working? Which version of Australian map we can use? I downloaded the sensis R14 yesterday wonder it fit? I unzipped the downloaded IG08 file int he SD card and set it to read from that folder and the GPS said can't find content? What else did I miss?

Thanks

Is your seek buttons on the steering wheel working around the wrong way?

Finally went to use the seek buttons today - and they're backwards! My radio reception sounds alright though, but I think I'll double check the pins anyway. Did you end up with a resolution to the backwards buttons? If not I'll shoot an email through to Rob so there's more than one customer waiting on a fix.

bok

Is your seek buttons on the steering wheel working around the wrong way?

Finally went to use the seek buttons today - and they're backwards! My radio reception sounds alright though, but I think I'll double check the pins anyway. Did you end up with a resolution to the backwards buttons? If not I'll shoot an email through to Rob so there's more than one customer waiting on a fix.

bok

No fix as of yet. Please do tell Rob asap that you have the same problem.