just wonderin..... any comments would be great..

yale

hey just wondering if any one knows how i would go putting a set of 22's on a aurion,

i know a few of you guys have sets of 20's.. but i still reckon that u could go bigger

wat do u think....

also wat u think about this type of rim..?? :whistling:

post-8292-1234848797_thumb.jpg

Oh well...You may or may not have 22s on your aurion but the problem is tyres.

I don't think it would be easy to find any tyres with proper load rating.

Even it is HARD to find 30 profile tyres on 20s.

Just my 2c. :spiteful:

I'm far from a senior member here and am not poking fun at the OP, but perhaps this warrants an all things rims thread? There seems to have been an explosion of threads lately that seem to relate to rim choice.

On topic: I have nothing of value to add to the 22" rim question (although I have heard of the 20's scrubbing)

Rims look pretty neat though!

I'm far from a senior member here and am not poking fun at the OP, but perhaps this warrants an all things rims thread? There seems to have been an explosion of threads lately that seem to relate to rim choice.

thats why theres a wheel and tyres section is this forum. <_<

...i also second what JIN said, also finding new 22inch tyres will cost 345350354745 dollars :lol:

Edited by BlackKnight

I reckon that you can fit 22 inch rims on, but to keep it from looking like a Matchbox car, you need the correct profile tire. Like everyone has said, you will have to search hard and spend big. The tires would most likely cost as much or more than the rims themselves.

forget it mate... all the asian camys are just show u would need to roll the guards to the max, u wouldnt find tires that are load rated = void warranty and insurance, and it would scrub constantly at standard height let alone lowering it a bit, wouldnt u rather lower it and be on 20's

Edited by eSEXSIX

A while ago I was driving behind a Honda Euro that was lowered and had large rims , from a distance something didn't look quite right , then when I pulled up behind him , his drivers side back wheel looked like it was about to fall off !

After having a closer look , the guy had lowed it so much that the wheel/tyre were on a noticeable angle .... street legal ? probably not.

After a bit of thought, it will pretty much be impossible to put 22 inch rims on the Aurion without making it look like a Matchbox car. It appears that the lowest profile tire that has been made is a '15' profile. The problem is, to be able to have the sidewalls this short, the width of the tire had to be made large... 385mm. These are made for cars like Ferrari and what not. I don't think these would be fitting on the Aurion:

kumho15seriestire001110eq1.th.jpg

22 inches plus the wrong profile, then you get this:

2659758_1_full.jpg

2628608_2_full.jpg

Check out the gap between tyre & wheel arch all round, but particularly at the very bottom near the skirts.

Aurions can go max 20's but 18/19s are the ones that look best. As 1990's as they are.

Maybe someone should chuck on some 26" Chromies and lift the car right up...Mexican Style.

...cant find a pic cos I dont know what the style is called, but its the 70's luxury sedans at 4wd height with sh*tloads of bling and minimum 24" rims.

Maybe someone should chuck on some 26" Chromies and lift the car right up...Mexican Style.

...cant find a pic cos I dont know what the style is called, but its the 70's luxury sedans at 4wd height with sh*tloads of bling and minimum 24" rims.

LOL. Yeah, when I was searching for those first couple of photos, I remembered that they were posted on Toyota Nation in the thread 'any one got 22's on da whip'. Someone there mentioned a name, and I did a quick Google search and it seems like they are the ones you are after.

They are Monte Carlo's or Ghetto Rides:

devinhesterkeepinitrealgg2.jpg

Or for some extreme craziness:

custommontecarlophotosdz7.jpg

Im working in Vegas at the moment and hell yeah, there are some crazy vehicles over here. Massive rims on sedans. But i tell you what, i want the new charger. Aust suppose to be releasing it soon. Over here it is the everyday car, taxis and all. Cars and utes are soooooo cheap over here. Ive been driving a jacked up f250, its like driving a fire engine, i sh*t myself when i have to park it at shopping centres. And im sick of walking from the back of the car park. lol. I reckon the charger will be worth a mint in Aust, .........typical. Looks just like the new mustang.

I've always loved the new design Dogge Charger. It's really annoyed me as well as to how cheap it actually is for them. They have a pretty sweet sound to them as well, even the 2.7 litre V6 (though you can't say no to the 5.7 or 6.1 litre Hemi).

On a side note, I would love to have cop cars over here like them. They look sweet in black and white.

I've always loved the new design Dogge Charger. It's really annoyed me as well as to how cheap it actually is for them. They have a pretty sweet sound to them as well, even the 2.7 litre V6 (though you can't say no to the 5.7 or 6.1 litre Hemi).

On a side note, I would love to have cop cars over here like them. They look sweet in black and white.

Yeah i saw some guy gettin a body search, and strapped to the dash was not 1 but 2 shot guns. I supose 1 for each arm like terminator style. lol.

One of our guys has already been mugged by knife point. Just took his money and left hime alone. Wandering around the strip at night by him self, drunk, not good.