Civic and corolla 1/4 times

The honda B16a civics make around 95kw atw with mods i/h/e and run 14.5 -15s ive seen a 14.5 run done. The corolla weighs around the same 1080kg around 9th gen hatch 30 kg difference between the 2 but over a second in times from the 1zze corollas. Why the big difference in times ? The civic had no back seat and spare tire at wsid tho just curious. I think it all comes down to gearing ratios. Or is it the 1zzfe doesnt rev as freely or as fast ?

If you know the civics im talking about the ek civic vtir model the 1.6l engine vtec. Compared to a newer 1.8 vvti corolla 1zzfe. The civic was running street tires aswell stock rims. It wasnt just once of aswell all the other civic vtir were around that mark.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those times are correct. My mate in his EK4 civic stripped, with intake and coilovers only, managed to get a 14.790 at WSID.

0412040007iy0dr6.jpg

The B16A is a bullet proof engine, plus with all that weight reduction does make a difference. The 1ZZFE wasnt intended as a performance engine, where as the B16A was soley developed for this purpose. They will also give us 2ZZGE boys and gals a run for our money. If you cannot maintain Lift in 1-2 change say bye bye. :P

B16A is 118kw standard and roughly equates to 90kw atw from what i have seen. So they have an advantage from the go. Dont underestimate the B series engines, as they were built to perform. Ive seen what they are capable off so be scared :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by JAZE55

..... so be scared :ph34r::ph34r:

bring it on i say ..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ..... im more concerned about those k20a conversion those boys do ..... get the car down to 900kg's then drop a big 2L monster into it ..... now thats something 2 b worried about ........

JDM Yard's EG civic with a k20a does a 12.3 quarter mile, thats scary!

Civics are quicker because they are a lot lighter than the corolla!

Edited by ar44

because you dont weight about the same lol

Ek only weights in abit over 1000kg, while the corolla weighs in on 1200

just because its a hatch dosent mean its light. alot of people used to tell me corolla is faster then celica i ask them why they say because its lighter.. why? because its a hatch, next time park the 2 cars next to each other and you wil see the diffrence.

oh and 1zz dont have lift :P

go vtec!

i always thought the vti-r were around 117kw? but okay.

Edited by vyets

B16a has vtec man, their engines rev more freely then ours, there is a difference between vtec and vvti, their vtec actually kicks in a 4k while vvti is constant, in my opinion vvti is more for fuel economy, while vtec is more for performance.

But it is possible to say that, a 1zz with a few bolt on mods will be able to take on a stock b16A, even though their the civic does have a few more horseys (88 kw atw) then ours.

Ive see a bubble CIVIC 12.5 that guy has a H22 haha blooby beast that one was.

The corolla weighs in at 1080 stock thats what it says in the book for the corolla ascent manual. Also the vtir stripped is prolly liter than a stock corolla. Cause the stock vtir weigh in over 1100 kg stock. I know theres not much in it in terms of weight. Power im sure the corolla with a i/h/e will be around the same power figure too. Just suprised how big a time gap the Hondas show us Toyotas. What rpm do you 1zzfe guys launch at and change gears and what rpm do you reach max ?

Trying to compare the B16VTEC with a 1ZZFE VVTI is just plain silly. The Honda engine is performance based whereas the Toyota engine is plain and simply a production engine for a specific model(Corolla). The B16VTEC makes 118kw whereas the 1ZZFE makes 100kw. Honda is up 18kw and has higher rev limit. Put it in a lighter car then remove weight and the winner is???

A lighter car with more power is always going to be quicker than something that has marginally less power and a bit more weight. If some of these Honda guys were serious about going fast then they would be following the idea of the Alcorn brothers who run civics in the Sport Compact series in the All motor category(naturally aspirated). They use a mid 80's model Civic with a k20 in it and it weighs around 900kg with driver!! It ran at last round and was no.2 qualifier with a 11.67 @187km'hr. Engine is stock with just plain bolt ons(exhaust/intake etc). The potential of this car is huge. Can't wait to see it run once the engine has been opened...

B16a has vtec man, their engines rev more freely then ours, there is a difference between vtec and vvti, their vtec actually kicks in a 4k while vvti is constant, in my opinion vvti is more for fuel economy, while vtec is more for performance.

But it is possible to say that, a 1zz with a few bolt on mods will be able to take on a stock b16A, even though their the civic does have a few more horseys (88 kw atw) then ours.

Ive see a bubble CIVIC 12.5 that guy has a H22 haha blooby beast that one was.

Yeah the civic you are referring to is the Hi-Comp EG Civic. That car just has an H22A dropped in, with mild bolt on mods,but fully stripped and I mean stripped. Its fastest time to date is 12.25.

The B16A vtec kicks in at 5500rpm or 6000rpm frpm what i remember, not 4000rpm.

I thought the 1zzfe was something due to being in the mr2 and new lotus elise s cars, i know those cars

weigh significantly less so the 1zzfe engine will be suffecient. Im sure the 200cc extra displacement will favour the corollas as there will more torque over civic. I want to fully strip my 07 corolla with i/h/e and see how it goes at eastern creek if i get 15 it seems like a good time for corolla. Then if im even close take it further with power fc and tune which is pricey.

Yeah u cant compare the 1zz to the B16A, they each serve a completely different purpose and 1zz has no cam change mechanisim. The 2zz and the B16A are somewhat comparable since the Stivo is around 1230kg/141kw and the B16A civic has less power but is much lighter. I have never lost a run to such a civic, exept came close when i stuffed up the 1 to 2 lift gear change. Make sure u guys learn to drive the 2zz before you drag, otherewise u will embarase urself. Good driving can bring ur stivo into the mid 14s, while sloppy driving can make it a high 15 second car. Alot of it is in the driver.

Edited by VVTLiR

b16a is awsome, i still miss my honda, its got a wider spread of torque than 2zz, u dont even feel vtec kicks in, where 2zz the change over is more agressive, but 2zz is still faster, thats what i feel anyway, 1zz is just a normal engine, tune for normal use, b16a is performance engine, vtir is made for sports, gotta love hondas, looks not-so-cool on paper, but goes like a legend

Good driving can bring ur stivo into the mid 14s, while sloppy driving can make it a high 15 second car. Alot of it is in the driver.

Totally agree ..... hence the update to my forum signature ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Good driving can bring ur stivo into the mid 14s, while sloppy driving can make it a high 15 second car. Alot of it is in the driver.

Bill what about a percentage for kebabs???

Or is that under "fuel" (for the driver)???

Bill what about a percentage for kebabs???

Or is that under "fuel" (for the driver)???

as its a consumable i deem it under the fuel umbrella :lol::lol::lol: :P :P :P :P

The honda B16a civics make around 95kw atw with mods i/h/e and run 14.5 -15s ive seen a 14.5 run done. The corolla weighs around the same 1080kg around 9th gen hatch 30 kg difference between the 2 but over a second in times from the 1zze corollas. Why the big difference in times ? The civic had no back seat and spare tire at wsid tho just curious. I think it all comes down to gearing ratios. Or is it the 1zzfe doesnt rev as freely or as fast ?

If you know the civics im talking about the ek civic vtir model the 1.6l engine vtec. Compared to a newer 1.8 vvti corolla 1zzfe. The civic was running street tires aswell stock rims. It wasnt just once of aswell all the other civic vtir were around that mark.

What year of B16A are you talking about?

I can garantee you, plus someone else posted up a time slip to prove the time there able to run.

Yeh 95kw atw and a 14.5 1/4 mile run at wsid, even went up to check the car out and talk to the guy.

Its the 96-00 vtir plus b16a engine which comes stock in them running i/h/e as i mentioned before.

All the other civic vtir cars were really close to that time.

Edited by RO11AS

Also you are al forgetting aerodynamics... the Corolla's are shaped like a big bubble/egg and stick up high (even when lowered) so of course it's going to be disadvantaged compared to the low stance of a civic on the drag strip. I jump into my sisters 99 Pulsar with a GA-16 engine (very underpowered) and I think I can probably beat my 2003 1ZZ Corolla which has a much better engine just because of the build of the car (in terms of budy suspension etc)

I can garantee you, plus someone else posted up a time slip to prove the time there able to run.

Yeh 95kw atw and a 14.5 1/4 mile run at wsid, even went up to check the car out and talk to the guy.

Its the 96-00 vtir plus b16a engine which comes stock in them running i/h/e as i mentioned before.

All the other civic vtir cars were really close to that time.

that would be vtir coupe, and thats heavier than the vtir hatch

14.5 is an amazing time for a coupe, he must be a really good driver what mod did he have? i was reading some usa honda mag, theres a coupe with full list of spoon, mugen goodies does 13s

Edited by sportiyo

Also you are al forgetting aerodynamics... the Corolla's are shaped like a big bubble/egg and stick up high (even when lowered) so of course it's going to be disadvantaged compared to the low stance of a civic on the drag strip. I jump into my sisters 99 Pulsar with a GA-16 engine (very underpowered) and I think I can probably beat my 2003 1ZZ Corolla which has a much better engine just because of the build of the car (in terms of budy suspension etc)

O btw I wouldnt mind having a modded F20C or F22C1 in 99 coupe civic now they would decimate :spiteful:

Edited by grima88