Civic and corolla 1/4 times

So if we put all the go fast bits, nice suspension, lsd, bucket seats into a sportivo, strip it of weight and go on vegie diets will we be competitive with a dc2r ?

I've never been in a dc2r, but friends of mine have and said it's one of the best if not the best handling front wheel drive car that they've driven.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The times can be different on a series of factors,

- Weight: already covered

- Suspension: depends on how well the suspension is able to hold the car down when you put the power down (relates to weight), the suspension setup is better on a civic on a stock to stock comparison

- Tyres: again, how well you grip would depend how far and hard you are able leap forward

- Gear ratio: Civics and most hondas have VERY sporty and well arranged gear ratios (try a 80km rolling in a 1zz to any honda, you wouldn't stand a chance)

- VTEC: well... that's almost trying to compare VVT-i with VVTL-i only VTEC is more aggressive

The civics rev up to 7600rpm, with similar compression ratio to 1zz-fe, better thought out exhaust system offering a fatter torque and power band on better power to weight ratio.

Now, i'd be surprised if the 1ZZ-FE won to be honest.

I still love my 1ZZ tho! :P

points to consider include:

*honda is a "performance" FF drive car....bit of an oxymoron if you ask me...

*the 1zz corollas are daily commuters for the elderly and conservative

*vtec is for ricers

*chumps drive hondas

in summary, 1zz >>> ricer vtec chump car

/end.thread

(yes i am aware this is a juvenile response but take at look at the OP :P )

So if we put all the go fast bits, nice suspension, lsd, bucket seats into a sportivo, strip it of weight and go on vegie diets will we be competitive with a dc2r ?

I've never been in a dc2r, but friends of mine have and said it's one of the best if not the best handling front wheel drive car that they've driven.

You just need a beter driver.

points to consider include:

*honda is a "performance" FF drive car....bit of an oxymoron if you ask me...

*the 1zz corollas are daily commuters for the elderly and conservative

*vtec is for ricers

*chumps drive hondas

in summary, 1zz >>> ricer vtec chump car

/end.thread

(yes i am aware this is a juvenile response but take at look at the OP :P )

But V-TEK i$h co01 y0 >.<

o_O

The hondas are still quick. I'm thankful we have a spread of decent n/a cars to pick from here though. Celicas, Tivos, Civics, Ludes, Rollas...and the S2000 etc.

nah, stivo will never be a type r like, its too fat, the type r is well sort after in every area, as superthai said, the engine is even hand built, the windscreen is thiner to loose weight, almost every bit of it is built for race, even our celica cant compare

dam this thread make me wanna change to a type r :P

Only the DC2 type r had the thinner windscreen and handbuilt engine though. DC5 is normal glass, non hand built engine and even loses the LSD which the DC2 had.

As for $20,000 more, hrmm maybe when brand new but nowadays you can pick up a nice DC2 for bit over 20K for a decent DC5 for bit under 30k, about the same price for a 2nd hand stivo eeh.

And as Sportiyo said, it'll be very hard (or maybe impossible ?) to get something like the stivo to handle like a DC2 R. When the DC2 R came out, it pretty much owned the under 2L na category and even beat some turbo cars.

Imho the Toyota vs Honda debate comes down to weight and gearing, as it's quite easy for both these manufacturers to make high output n/a engines (2zz-ge 141kw vs b18c 141kw, both 1.8L or B16 with what is it ... ~120kw i think, vs a 4a-ge black top with ~120kw, both 1.6L). Oh and honda engines have one of the largest aftermarket support bases =/

Edited by Delvance

haha Bill. Type R gonna beat you :P

[begin sarcasm] yes ...... im sure it will :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: [/end sarcasm]

As stated this comparison has been done to death ...... and stock vs stock the cars dont seem to line up on par i.e. 1zz then civic then stivo then integra they are not direct comparisons ......

and then it all depends how much money u throw at ur car as well ..... as the person whom throws the most money at it (and spends it properly) will 90%+ of the time come out with the quicker car

Guest JDM y0 !

so that i can compete against type R i have reduced weight by.

take out all windows and use glad wrap instead.

got a new light weight girlfriend (nicole ritchie was too heavy...lol)

and i goto the toilet before every race.

also if its a race for pink slips then i will shave all my body hair for more weight reduction :o

lol jokes. :D

Edited by JDM y0 !

also if its a race for pink slips then i will shave all my body hair for more weight reduction :o

and dont wear any clothes to the race :toast:

Guest JDM y0 !

and dont wear any clothes to the race :toast:

^^^

i used to turn up to races naked but CAMS said i have to wear clothes so i bought some carbon fibre underwear.......:o

Edited by JDM y0 !

• 2 months later...

I always get a chuckle out of the almost standard response to car comparison threads on this forum. these include, but are not limited to:

"It all comes down to the driver", "It's stupid to compare cars"....etc

first off, the whole point of owning different cars is to compare them. bring up all their good aspects and all their downfalls. that is the whole point - otherwise we'll all be driving standardised Holden "yobo"dores.

also, the whole "the driver makes the car" excuse is like a stupid school kid trying to come up with an excuse why he didn't do his homework. There is absolutely a way to measure which is the faster car. If you have to rely on the other driver to mis-shift for you to win a race, then there's seriously something wrong.

IMO if indeed the Sportivo is slower than a comparable car, the humble thing to do would be to just admit it. This forum is open to the public and we all just look like complete tools when a few of us make ego-driven farsical claims. I know the Sportivo is not the fastest car on the street - I've had egg on my face many times to prove it. but i don't drive fast enough on the street (anymore) to notice the difference so i don't care. The performance it does have makes me happy, so again, i don't care.

anyway, that's my 2cents.

I always get a chuckle out of the almost standard response to car comparison threads on this forum. these include, but are not limited to:

"It all comes down to the driver", "It's stupid to compare cars"....etc

first off, the whole point of owning different cars is to compare them. bring up all their good aspects and all their downfalls. that is the whole point - otherwise we'll all be driving standardised Holden "yobo"dores.

also, the whole "the driver makes the car" excuse is like a stupid school kid trying to come up with an excuse why he didn't do his homework. There is absolutely a way to measure which is the faster car. If you have to rely on the other driver to mis-shift for you to win a race, then there's seriously something wrong.

IMO if indeed the Sportivo is slower than a comparable car, the humble thing to do would be to just admit it. This forum is open to the public and we all just look like complete tools when a few of us make ego-driven farsical claims. I know the Sportivo is not the fastest car on the street - I've had egg on my face many times to prove it. but i don't drive fast enough on the street (anymore) to notice the difference so i don't care. The performance it does have makes me happy, so again, i don't care.

anyway, that's my 2cents.

Nice conclusion! :clap:

But still Sportivo, FTW~~~

The Civic and Corolla are exactly the same.

They are cars that you can drive places...and do stuff. Whether it be driving to work, seeing your gf, going to a mates, going away on holiday, driving to Fyshwick and shagging...

• 3 months later...