who has best stivo?

hey guys me again.

hope me psting new topics isnt gettin to anyone lol

i was just wondering if youve all met and who has best or fav stivo?

also who has quickest?

who has modified? (body/engine/interior)

and most of all cost?

im really keen to find out what things to look at before i start spending and ****.

i really wanna be diff to everyone so dont wanna take ideas off anyone(to much lol).

also how did you all get into stivos?

i wouldve never know if i hadnt studdied evry car possible for months befores i bought. plus didnt have any type of car i wouldnt look at. otherwise if i did there wouldve been no way i that i was gonna have a rolla.

but all things aside best decision ive ever made...

give me ya views guys thanks

your iratating m8 eddy

Ok, as far as i know Peekay would have to be one of the most modified along with livefor6(peekay wannabe :o :o ...... :P :P ..just kidding Stewie :lol: :D ), and a few others like danthuyer, who is in QLD, and many others. For the quickest i dont know, but i think i have reached the top speed on the forum in the rolla at 230kp/h. Even these days i ease her in at a lazy 180 just coasting along, the car is just soo good at high speeds, its ridiculously fast.

I studied lots of cars before the purchase, even brought the car without test driving it coz i couldnt drive a manual beforehand, luckily the 4 month wait gave me enough time to bunnyhop along. hat got me was the impressive power figures from a 1.8 and the toyota employee discount wiping 21%off the normal price.

The car is worth every cent as my only major issue wez the replacing of the left front strut, dont have any vibrations or gear cable noise

sick did it have more go at 230kms?

4 month wait sh@t when did ya get it?

i got mine the same week i wanted it.

ive only had mine just over a week now so its going in for its first service on monday.

how did you run the motor in when ya got it?

when you start adding after market parts to it does it affect the warranty?

not that i care but i want to have it a while so if theres any teething probs im covered by warranty.

im so toey to add mods but where to start has got me f@@ked

i think 9ill get this CAI looked at em on trdsales.com wicked site could spend heaps in there.

maybe i should goto auto saloon this weekend and there might be some stivos to get ideas from.

I personally think that trdsales is expensive and the service absolutely fu(king shocking. I know a lot of people here have dealt with the site before and based on there recomendations, i went and had a look at the parts and tried to get some info. However i sent an email a while ago asking basic questions and they just ignored me. Plus i dont have a credit card either so thats a problem. The CAI on TRD sales is going for 480 + 40 shipping to Australia. That means that i would have to wait for it to arrive and that kinda sucks. ALso i saw an ad in some fast fours/car magazine showing that penrith toyota is selling them for $495. Personally, i would rather drive out to penrith and buy it over the counter than spend money on an internet site where the guy doesnt even reply his emails and then wait in hope for a few days/weeks for the item to arrive...

My 2 cents.

Also For mods you should just take your time and do one thing at a time, dont rush it and enjoy the feeling you get after installing a new mod, that way you can truly appreciate the improvements... Thats what i would do anyway (since i have no money and have to wait long periods :) )

ps.

Here is penrith toyota site:

http://www.penrithtoyota.com.au/index2.htm

Hey guys, dont bag bruce at the drop of a hat.

He has not had the best of health of late and he has also been doing alot of work for the upcoming Fast 4's and Rotaries Jamboree in QLD (remember he is the ASIA/PACIFIC TRD rep!)

So he has been a very busy chap indeed.

I secong northy. Call him , dont just sit there and whinge about it.

For those who just joined the forum, what are you guys planning to buy? We can organise a group buy here on this forum and Bruce can give us a better deal. We did that before with TRD Strut brace and CAI. Go to the Buy & Sell section and post a topic on what you are planning to get and see if other people are interested. You can save a bit of money by getting it in a group.

Zee

Dont Forget us other Melbourne Boys

Remember Peekay has spent quite a bit

when you look at cost vs performance - he may not have the best stivo

Just my thought

TRD_141 Is that so mate well cost aside how can you make this comment when how would you know are you an expert that knows everything, and how do you know what performance my car has or not. Typical of open statements like yours that ***** the person off that the comment is directed to. I am not the one who keeps on carrying on about performance or mods. They are on my signature to show what I have done to the car. I am not trying to out do anyone on this forum. I do the mods because I enjoy doing them and love my car, but comments like yours peeve me off. Again TRD_141 why are you getting me offside when I have not attacked you or your car (performance or lack there of) or made out that my car is the best (which I havn't) . And by the way I have helped quite a few people on this forum to put parts on their car (XOOM, ILIVFOR6, Lucio, ADR_Rolla, 2fst4u ...) or source parts for them it's people like you that switch me off, and lose complete interest in having anything to do helping others out.

Last of all I hope you enjoy your mods but stop making back handed comments that are not called for, Lucio made no comment about any others cars apart from Stews and mine as he probably knows us better than you or any one else on this forum for that matter. From our last little incident with you bagging me I would have thought you had learned to stop sniping. Love your car as you do but don't b1tch about any one elses car and leave me out of it if you are going to.

If you are that worried about my performance that you are losing sleep over it or want to defend your mods then challenge me to a dyno run your car against mine you pay of course. Put your money where your mouth is. Lets see who has the best bang for buck.

ADR You are a cheeky bugger.... :P

Also the comments about Bruce he is a great Guy I have had no issues he is very helpfull. He has recently moved premises (in the past few weeks) and that has made hime very busy. He is always got/gets the parts I have required. A phone call is better and not that expensive to make. Remember he gets 100's of emails a day and will respond to those who generaly deal with him more quicker than someone who makes a general enquiry. Stewart, Craig, Shao and a few others who bother to pick up the phone or have made the effort to get to know him have only praise. And by the way Calvin guess where Penrith Toyota get their parts from....Yes thats right Good ole Bruce.

I think that the question on who has the best Stivo is such a subjective question though. How do you even judge who has the best Stivo? Is KW a true test of what a good Stivo is? Cos if so then I'll just stick a V8 into my car and say that mine is the best. Is RICE the true test of what the best Stivo is? Then I'll just start sticking lots of stickers on my car.

Sorry, but if a question like this has to be asked, I'll have to say that it's way too subjective to say who's got the best car. It's all got to do with individual taste and how deep your pockets are.

Let's not make such comparision.

things always get taken out of context on this forum :unsure:

It was not an attack on you Peekay

I have no futhur to offer on this - nor nothing to hide or prove <_<

No I don't believe I took it out of context. From what you said I took it in the context of I basicaly have waisted the money I have spent bang for buck wise. I have bought the best of what I could afford or was available. I have spent literally thousands of dollars to get the car to where it is now. Next time be careful in what you say and how you say it as far as I can see your comments indicate that I could have got it there more cheaply. Possibly but lets work out a shopping list here based only on performance and quality. Tell me how I could have done anything better based on cost versus performance (body components not taken in to account).

TRD CAI $470.

New Pod Filter $80.

TRD Extractors $1500 or so fitted.

Unchip $1200.

Toms Flywheel and TRD clutch around $1500 or so fitted.

Quickshifter $380 or so.

Eibach Springs $820 fitted.

The only thing I may have got cheaper is the CAI on this list. So how can you justify your comment "cost vs performance - he may not have the best stivo" please back it up.

I may not have the best Stivo but stop ruining my enjoyment of it with silly comments and we will get on fine.

i shouldnt have to tread on egg shells to make comment

ITS CALLED A FORUM - an arena to share ideas and thoughts

You are entitled to your opinion as is anyone else on this forum

Let it rest PEEKAY - be happy with what you drive with because I love the way my car drives and quite frankly thats all the matters to ME

you guys sound like us nurses always bitching.

peekay i love you car :rolleyes: and hope mine is tuned as well some day

it is probably/is the most tuned e12 i've seen thus i love it

i love my car too and all the other e12 because they are e12's

threads like this are opinion based thats why they are sometimes biased sometimes not, the only time we as sportivo drivers seem to come together is when we are bitching about another car (sp23 :P )

Theres only onlw way to determine this question in my opinion fellas, whose had more shags in their stive has to be the best stivo around :D

A voice of wisdom for sure Lucio....

You gotta love those reclining rear seats!!!!!!!

:huh: :o :D :D :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes: ;)

Yes I agree I probably sound like I am attacking but I am sensitive when it comes to comments about my car or the expense that I have gone to, as you all would be. And please don't deny it you all would be responding in one way or another if it was your name on the comment not mine.

Anyway enough said.

Lucio...

I win ! :D Those reclining rear seats are great!

In regards to the above, all I saw was an opinion being voiced, There will always be a different view and difference of opinion, especially in regards to something as personal as a car.

As I've said before, no use arguing about d!ck sizes because I'll win ! No lift needed :lol:

DAMN guys i didnt know this question was gonna cause so much grief.

i meant it as most of you have met and seen each others rides and all i just wanted to know generally who liked whos car for all reasons cost,KWs,looks but i didnt wanna cause arguments over it. sorry if ive pi@#ed anyone off aver it didnt mean to.

i think but what ive read all ya cars sound **** sick mines just plain ***** stock and i think its off tap but without seeing or experiencing all yours i didnt have any clue what type of effort you guys have gone to make the car even better than it is stock lol.

i feel like a prick for asking this touchy subject.

just wanted to hook up with most of you guys, so when i need help or have a question about somthing you guys could help me out.

but to make everyone feel better i must have the ****est stivo round because its stock.lolol

but i love it anyway.and hope to have half the mods looks and performance of you guys.