Tuning the 2ZZ....

Turbo > NA

Plain and simple :P :P :P :P :P : P

we shall see...

we shall see...

:whistling:

the challenge has been laid ...... ok time to strip the corolla down to match it with that mr2 of urs dylan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble guys... ITB won't fit in celica or corolla. It'll sit so far beyond the bonnet, even a custom bonnet won't be enough.

However, there has been people that modified a 4age 20v itb into a 2zz celica. But that's all show, no moving...

Wrong !!

ITB on 2ZZ Celica ;)

2zz_ITB04.jpg

Wrong !!

you do know that car dosent work right? lol.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showpost.p...mp;postcount=37

Also the clip of the techno spirits mr-s vs the turbo cars, its been posted about a billion times.

That MR-s is fast dont get me wrong, but it's nothing compared to the other NA representatives like the J's racing s2000.

Na VS turbo battle has been covered on BMI, 6 cars tsukuba circut.

Taking first place was the Mine's GTR, and second was the MCR GTR and after the race they realised it had one blown turbo. Third was accually a NA rx7 driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya

http://store.driftingshop.com/hotvevo2bat1.html there's a trailer of the NA battle with the TPS mr-s which came last outta all the na cars =[

http://sportcar.net/showthread.php?p=4786#post4786 there's the na vs turbo battle, download the part 2 if u dont want the introduction of all the cars.

Edited by vyets

Sorry to burst your bubble guys... ITB won't fit in celica or corolla. It'll sit so far beyond the bonnet, even a custom bonnet won't be enough.

However, there has been people that modified a 4age 20v itb into a 2zz celica. But that's all show, no moving...

Wrong !!

ITB on 2ZZ Celica ;)

2zz_ITB04.jpg

Wrong!!!...

Thats goldilocks celica... It's a show car that doesn't go.. Literally.. That is a 4age modified to fit. That is the one I was calling all show no go in my previous post.

And a prefectly tuned itb will be straight and longer velocity stack. Even if that did work, it'd lose power.

^^^ Thanks vyets... :yahoo:

Edited by 51EKA

the 4ag quads would work well. Just need a good ecu to run the show. How big do you think the quads have to be?

You would only use the throttles, you wouldn't use the inlet manifold from the 20V that they bolt to. One header flange, the four triangular throttle flanges, alloy tube, injector boss's, cutting, hammering, tigging and away you go.

Penty of room to run long stacks if you want, the max length will depend on how long you make the inlet manifold.

Four 45mm diameter blacktop throttles can provide a lot more air than the single 2ZZ throttle.

Would need a vacuum tank to get a stable map reading if you're going to run more than TPS v's RPM in the motec etc, tank would have to be tapped into the fabricated inlet manifold.

I dunno.. If you have a look at those lotus itb. You'll see how they are properly positioned on a 2zz. In a celica/corolla, our bonnet slope down, and with long velocity stack, it won't clear the bonnet when closed.

4age itb ports are smaller than 2zz intake ports (i'm pretty sure). It will probably provide sufficient air but won't be anywhere near optimal.

But i've never actually tried it before, nor have i ever played with 4age itb so i wouldn't know. It's all textbook theory, so if anyone wants to try props to them. But i know it won't clear the bonnet.

think about it..

what is the surface area of a 45mm diameter throttle plate? multiply that by four.

what is the surface area of the 2zz single throttle?

the 4ag quads are a lot less restrictive than the stock 2zz throttle body. You can have a bend in the inlet, it doesn't have to be perfectly straight, look at the runners in the stock inlet manifold.

BOOSTED2.0

Putting undersize ITBs on a Celica is a lot like fitting it with a snowplow. Sure its unique and neat that you made it work, but at the end of the day you are left with something that does not work as well as it used to and you spent a lot of time and money to achieve that reduced functionality.

I bought a set of ITBs off a black top 20valve 4A-GE quite a few years ago to try and fit on Mike's car and we wound up abandoning them because of the insufficient bore size. (A fact that I posted about in this very forum). TWM will make a properly sized set for you, or you can go get some motorcycle throttle bodies and do something with that. Also, in order to get the maximum value from the ITBs they need to be inline with the inlet to the intake ports on the head, which leaves them sticking up through the hood. When you bend them down to fit like this you further reduce the functionality.

BOOSTED2.0
Putting undersize ITBs on a Celica is a lot like fitting it with a snowplow. Sure its unique and neat that you made it work, but at the end of the day you are left with something that does not work as well as it used to and you spent a lot of time and money to achieve that reduced functionality.

I bought a set of ITBs off a black top 20valve 4A-GE quite a few years ago to try and fit on Mike's car and we wound up abandoning them because of the insufficient bore size. (A fact that I posted about in this very forum). TWM will make a properly sized set for you, or you can go get some motorcycle throttle bodies and do something with that. Also, in order to get the maximum value from the ITBs they need to be inline with the inlet to the intake ports on the head, which leaves them sticking up through the hood. When you bend them down to fit like this you further reduce the functionality.

You should have a look at a motor with quads on it from factory one day instead of listening to internet experts. What's the surface area of a 2ZZ inlet port?

Just because Mr Boosted couldn't get them to work, doesn't mean they wont work. If you want a set adapted to your 2zz, I can recommend an excellent fabricator to make the inlet manifold, he's made manifolds for many different engines now.

I'm just saying.. These's are the guys that work on 2zz engine for a living.

Boosted 2.0 works on flow bench and port 1zz and 2zz header and head for the celica/matrix/corolla. This was the only post i could find. But there are heaps more from other experienced members. If it was possible on a celica, it would have been done.

Why do something when the "experts" have tried and failed?

Do you have the money to throw to experiment knowing others have already failed?

Don't need to get all worked up man. Just trying to help out before ppl start throwing money at a bottomless pit.

If you want.. You can go over to newcelica.org and argue with them. To see who prove a better point.

Edited by 51EKA

I don't need to go over and argue at newcelica, you're saying it wont work, I'm saying it will.

I'll meaure the inlet ports on the motor in my shed tomorrow.

Didn't say it won't work.. Pretty sure I didn't say anywhere here that it won't work.

Just saying a properly tuned fitted itb will stick out the hood.

And, most likely it won't gain any power. At least not enough to be worth the huge cost.

And quoting boosted comment because i trust when he say they are undersize, that it is undersized. Because he port stuff for a living on the 2zz engine. He gotta know something about flow. He didnt' build his own flowbench for nothing.

2jz no sh!t...

What's the retail on one of those??

;)

10 yr old peice of *****... not worth a cent.

:lol:

See signature. Not bad for a 30+ year old piece of sh!t up against a 10 year old piece of sh!t. Neeeharrr har harrr!

lol, ITBs are so sexy! If i was to get them on my car, and the bonnet had to modified, i'd simply put a scoop on in the bonnet.. Although, i don't think i'd ever go that route of modification and expense