getting rid of the beeping noise when reversing

You guys should see what Sport1vo has in his "new" Stivo. They disconnected the original annoying beeping noise and now when it goes into reverse, the rear parking sensor beeps twice. And it's a nice sounding beep as well.

Will try and bring it to my service department and see if they can do anything about it.

no just unplug it... its a grey plug which plugs in to a grey socket thing... its under the airbox ontop of the transmittion <-- i think lol :blink: .

i drove it like that for a week.. its fine... but now i miss the beep.. so put it back on.

Edited by ADR_rolla

no just unplug it... its a grey plug which plugs in to a grey socket thing... its under the airbox ontop of the transmittion <-- i think lol  :blink: .

i drove it like that for a week.. its fine... but now i miss the beep.. so put it back on.

Do your reverse lights still work? Because the reverse light switch is on top of the gearbox under the airbox.

no just unplug it... its a grey plug which plugs in to a grey socket thing... its under the airbox ontop of the transmittion <-- i think lol  :blink: .

Do your reverse lights still work? Because the reverse light switch is on top of the gearbox under the airbox.

I just went down to check it out... but i'll be buggered if i can find it! I may have seen it... just not game to pull it! LOL. Ummm picture maybe?

Yes you are right it is the reverse light switch so I would not recommend using it.

Perhaps we could check out if one of these wires is JUST for the beep.

I remember someone said they had it done by Toyota... i can't remember who... but maybe they could check it out to see if all the wires are connected in his grey plug that are connected in ours... Or perhaps they have disconnected it at the other end (the beeper). hmmm :S Might go have another look.

no, you cut the trigger line on the buzzer from the reverse light switch only, if you are really anal about it you could install a hidden switch behind a trim panel that can be used to enable/disable the reverse buzzer at will. Very similar to the 100km/h warning chime found on Toyota imports.

Edited by rollamods

• 2 months later...

I had my Auto Electrician mate go over mine, and we found that unplugging this plug DOES lose your reverse lights too...highly unroadworthy..

The 2 options would be,

1) Find which if the wires on this harness activate the beeper and install a secondary switch, or

2) The actual beeper for it is located up under the dash panel approx behind the speedo... you can always look for it and muffle it... my fat hands don't fit..

I like the idea of the switch myself....

• 1 month later...

LOL!!! :o