Weight Loss

Dead

After watching these idiots on ACA I thought I'd open up a thread like this.

If you don't discipline, and simply feed your body what it requires and exercise, then you are planning to fail. Simple.

Metabolic rate. The human body is like a fire, and wood intake. Your fire may be burning violently bright (CORZZA as an example, the b@stard manages to stay thin and cut irregardless of what he eats), or it may be only just barely lit, which indicates a poor ability for the body to burn. If you are in this zone, then you simply put a little bit of wood on the fire at a time. Eventually this makes it burn much brighter. If you dump too little or too much wood on the fire, it won't effect it.

Diet. If you stay on low calories all the time then you WILL plateau. The human body is an amazing thing. It will continue to store fat on you if you don't provide it from an external source. This is why it's important to re-feed your body. 4 to 5 days of low calorie intake, and 1 to 2 days of some high calorie intake. Repeat over and over.

Exercise. Weight training on the popular muscle groups and cardio is essential. 30 mins to 1 hour every day where you can.

Patience. If you keep in a depressed state, are impatient then you WILL NOT get anywhere. Things like "it's physically impossible" sh!t me to tears. Which is what I witnessed from people on TV tonight. Do not set short term goals. This isn't a short term assault, it will last up to 1 year or even more. By then your body will have adapted properly and you will not undo all the work you did by going the short and easy path.

DO THE HARD WORK, BE PATIENT, DISCIPLINE YOURSELF AND YOU WILL SUCCEED.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience. If you keep in a depressed state, are impatient then you WILL NOT get anywhere. Things like "it's physically impossible" sh!t me to tears. Which is what I witnessed from people on TV tonight. Do not set short term goals. This isn't a short term assault, it will last up to 1 year or even more. By then your body will have adapted properly and you will not undo all the work you did by going the short and easy path.

The best thing for people to do is weigh yourself weekly or fortnightly, not every day. This way the weight loss looks better and you get more incouragement.

Just so people know, doing weights is not going to lose any weight. Walking to the shops/school/work will. As a minimum I would say walk at least 5km on top off what you would normally walk in a day. Cut out all softdrinks and alcohol, chips, chocolate, deep fried ****, etc.

That's it. In terms of high calories however having like, one choc biscuit or two is feasible on that day. I've found that this also gives you a decent excuse to have something like bacon and eggs, or a cheese steak sub from subway. At least these are somewhat natural and not deep fried.

Weights are usually icing on the cake. They help speed up your metabolic rate and build lean muscle mass (that protein from all the good food should be put to use)

bah metabolism has little to do with it (it does pay some part, not not the bulk) the most important rule for weight loss is...

Energy in < Energy used

that way your body will be forced to burn fat reserves for you to survive, and you will lose weight.

bah metabolism has little to do with it (it does pay some part, not not the bulk) the most important rule for weight loss is...

Energy in < Energy used

that way your body will be forced to burn fat reserves for you to survive, and you will lose weight.

In the long term adjusting your metabolic rate would be a good thing. By just eating really really healthy stuff I went from 98kg to 75kg (part of that could be blamed on the stupid liver condition = no red meat). If my football coach from school saw me today he'd die. I turned into a bit of a rake (bar the love handles). Only recently I started cardio and weights training again just to cut up more and pack on bulk in my upper body, arms, back ar5e etc.

walking stairs will certainly build up your legs.. but walking is whats gonna burn the fat. long walks.

thats kinda like only doing weights to lose fat.. your not losing the fat your mostly building muscle

Edited by JJCRU23R

walking stairs will certainly build up your legs.. but walking is whats gonna burn the fat. long walks.

thats kinda like only doing weights to lose fat.. your not losing the fat your mostly building muscle

walking, low resistance long distance bike riding and swimming are awesome I've found.

Head cold is leaving me, so tomorrow morning I start my 13k bike rides again.

yea its good to mix it up.

far out i miss the gym! biggest mistake you can make when you want to be fit is spend the $$$ that you could have spent on gym membership on buying home gym equipment.

i bought A LOT of weights, dumbells, dumbell rack, situp bench, flat bench, exercise bike and more... now all collecting dust in my "gym"... (not to mention the WPI and creatine that went to waste) not sure if it was buying the things or getting married n stuff that stopped my exercise addiction but yea..

Go do 4 weeks at Kapooka (Army Training)....this is real boot camp, none of this $100 a month gym crap....

Bacon & Eggs, cerial and toast for Breakfast

3 meat and 4 veg for lunch with ice cream & fruit salad desert

3 meat and 4 veg for dinner with ice cram & fruit salad desert

All washed down with coke....

14kg lighter when I came home....

I think the running up and down stairs to the lines carrying a 8kg rifle and 5kg webbing in long legged/armed cams with GP boots also helps.....

I go to Rob's Gym. He charges me $0 because he knows I'd kick his a55 if he made me pay.

Kapooooookaaaahhhhh *Arnold Schwarzenegger accent* would be fun, challenging and rewarding for sure Azz.

My friend is an MP in the US Army, she only just boarded the plane back home on Monday. Caught the flu here and was throwing up, but she still had to do P/T yesterday. She shrugs it off, I don't know how she does it to be honest.

kebab for breakfast

kebab for morning tea

kebab for lunch

kebab for afternoon tea

kebab for dinner

kebab for midnight snack

all part of a healthy diet ;) ;) ;) ;)

Go do 4 weeks at Kapooka (Army Training)....this is real boot camp, none of this $100 a month gym crap....

Bacon & Eggs, cerial and toast for Breakfast

3 meat and 4 veg for lunch with ice cream & fruit salad desert

3 meat and 4 veg for dinner with ice cram & fruit salad desert

All washed down with coke....

14kg lighter when I came home....

I think the running up and down stairs to the lines carrying a 8kg rifle and 5kg webbing in long legged/armed cams with GP boots also helps.....

:(

11weeks at HMAS Cerberus (Navy Training) for me REAL soon... they gonna rip me lol... they gave me a booklet 'how to get fit in 4 weeks' omg it looks like hell...

The best thing for people to do is weigh yourself weekly or fortnightly, not every day. This way the weight loss looks better and you get more incouragement.

Just so people know, doing weights is not going to lose any weight. Walking to the shops/school/work will. As a minimum I would say walk at least 5km on top off what you would normally walk in a day. Cut out all softdrinks and alcohol, chips, chocolate, deep fried ****, etc.

the best way to gauge results is by clothing.

but yeah i totally agree, cut out all the crap foods.

that goes for the skinny guys and gals, just cause ya don't put the size on doesn't mean its good for ya.

my 2cents

:ph34r: