Blitz Supercharger 2ZZGE! 100% Accurate Information

Sleeper

Hey everyone..

If anybody would like information on the Blitz Supercharger kit for the 2ZZGE, just ask..

Install?, mods to existing parts?, what comes in the kit? the differences between the kits? what you can expect? etc etc...

I should no..I installed one into my Corolla early last year..

Im not sure where this $10k figure everyone keeps bringing up came from?? :unsure: but I can assure you..it doesnt cost anywhere near $10 grand!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like you haad the battery moved to another location. Looks like you had to re-organise certain parts within the engine bay.

By the way, how much did it cost you?

I guess I wont be buying a new exhaust and TRD extractor if planning for the supercharger.

Cos you might need a bigger exhaust and different extractors.

Our boosted kiwi cuz from across the ditch. You awesomeness exceeds our expectations. Cheers heaps for the input.

Cheers man, abytime! Remember, I love these cars just like you guys do!!! And man there is some wicked fun to be had in these cars! :D

Seeing the faces of people when a Corolla station wagon goes past them at 220kph on the back straight at Pukekohe...hahaha! Awesome :lol:

It looks like you haad the battery moved to another location. Looks like you had to re-organise certain parts within the engine bay.

By the way, how much did it cost you?

I guess I wont be buying a new exhaust and TRD extractor if planning for the supercharger.

Cos you might need a bigger exhaust and different extractors.

Thats correct, the kit comes with a new batt plate so it can be turned sideways to create room for the air intake. Other items to be relocated are the water bottle, which is also supplied, original is cut off the back of the radiator, the alternator is moved from the top of the engine to the bottom, where its attached to the new larger alloy sump that blitz also supply in the kit. The best thing about this kit is the fact that you dont have to fabricate anything! It comes with all the extension harnesses for your alternator, AFM etc.. All brackets, cable ties, nuts and bolts, intercooler pipe joiners and hose clips..its pretty impressive!

The complete kit cost me $7900.00NZ which is around $6658.00AU in todays prices..thats awesome for what you get!!

Im actually going to make a basic step bye step video of the SC kit, the parts, where they go etc etc.. I'll post it up on my site as soon as its done.. :D Hope that answers you questions..

yea how much did it cost??? where u get them from???? how much boost are u running??? do you need to do refresh anything in your engine so it doesn't break???? is it worth it????

Ive posted up the costs in one of the other replys for all to see, I got it through Blitz New Zealand, its boosting 7psi now, the standard boost the kit runs is 5psi. You dont need to do any mods to the internals of the engine if your running low boost levels. Typical Toyota..building a bullet proof motor ;)

Is it worth it?? Hell YES! its worth every dollar..put it this way, since I have S/C my car, two of my friends are in the process of doing exactly the same.. if you dont do it you will regret it..

Guys, please keep me informed if someone going to do it in Aus.

Cos I will get it since i already spent more than 4 grand on stereo, I might go for the full lot.

What the heck, end up spending more than buying a turbo hatch!!!

If so I might hold back my exhaust...

Dont know yet, whatever comes first.

how is the quality of the oil sump that come with the kit. we had problems with the one that came from brash boy. the bottom of it had leaks and also the quality of the cast was so poor, the screw thread sorta distorted on it's 2nd oil change. according to brash boy, it's' happening to their cars, too...

how is the quality of the oil sump that come with the kit. we had problems with the one that came from brash boy. the bottom of it had leaks and also the quality of the cast was so poor, the screw thread sorta distorted on it's 2nd oil change. according to brash boy, it's' happening to their cars, too...

The quality of the sump was awesome..the cast was actually of a really high standard as were the manifolds. I dont see how it could leak or distort in any way?? its about 2cm thick and a very even surface.

Does it come with a pre programmed aftermarket computer or does it require a programmable ECU (i.e. power FC). If so what did tuning cost you?

It comes with a control box, sort of like a piggyback computer..what it does is tap into the TPS and detects when to activate the blower, ie. 40% throttle the blower starts boosting. You have to modify the fuel pump to. The standard ECU detects more air volume and corrects the mixture automatically..more air, more fuel, hense the fuel pump mod.

No tuning involved at all :)

GB?? Im keen! haha

so jst to confirm, you only need the kit and nothing else if ur jst gona run the standard boost?? u dont need any other bits?

excuse the limited knowledge :ph34r:

EDIT: jst saw the post on the ECU

Edited by Daz