Blitz Supercharger 2ZZGE! 100% Accurate Information

Sleeper

Even if the Blitz s/c doesn't achieved 200kw wheels I wouldn't mind buying it if I intend to forced induct my Celica, mainly because it helps power below lift.

Most bolt on kit promises 30-40 percent power increase on top end power range anyway, way more than enough. Unless you are Kw junkies.

A similar result may be comparable; the celica owner from Brisbane who Rotrex-ed his Celica achieved 200hp wheels, translated to 140kw-150kw wheels.

But if you just care about kw in your Sportivo/Celica, you probably just want to go fast in a straight line. Which in my opinion, you bought the wrong car.

I couldnt agree with you more!! There are to many people who think that kW figures are all that count!! Wake up and smell the cheese! having all the kW's in the world does not mean your going to have a fantastic fast car to drive around in! Balance is where its at..the balance of power and torque to match the chassis is the key to overall success!!

If you want a quarter mile straight liner then go for it..why you would ever choose a late model corolla!!!! who knows.

Personally i'll have my supercharged 2ZZ any day of the week!!

ill take my turboed 2zz any day of the week !!!!! :P :P :P :P

mate either bring urs to aus or ill come to nz for a s/c vs turbo 2zz battle ..... lol ..... since none of the aus boys r gonna dig deep n get the blitz :P :P :P :P :P

Now we are talking!! Wouldnt that be a sh*tload of fun... Make a damn good video too!!

Two things people forget about when talking about moding a 2ZZ is reliability for one and fuel economy... Believe me, the savings on huge gas bills and costly engine repairs, the Blitz kit is a bargin! Im getting on average..540kms to a tank!! and I boost it all day long!

What would you expect out of a turbo 2ZZ?? 250-300kms at the most! Then you have the engine rebuild to fork out for when that 11.5:1 comp ratio sends a piston out the side of the block hahaha..

20 laps around Pukekohe against my S/C..ha you wouldnt have a chance making it to the end of the race..

Good luck tho..

thats a pretty bias statment, i have seen xoom's engine and ill tell you that it would smoke a stock engine for durability even if he ran around on 20psi all day long, your fuel consumption estimates are little off too.....also if you were doing a turbo setup you wouldn't be using 11.5:1 cause you would know that somthing like 8.8:1 is a much better option..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Blitz s/c doesn't achieved 200kw wheels I wouldn't mind buying it if I intend to forced induct my Celica, mainly because it helps power below lift.

Most bolt on kit promises 30-40 percent power increase on top end power range anyway, way more than enough. Unless you are Kw junkies.

A similar result may be comparable; the celica owner from Brisbane who Rotrex-ed his Celica achieved 200hp wheels, translated to 140kw-150kw wheels.

But if you just care about kw in your Sportivo/Celica, you probably just want to go fast in a straight line. Which in my opinion, you bought the wrong car.

I couldnt agree with you more!! There are to many people who think that kW figures are all that count!! Wake up and smell the cheese! having all the kW's in the world does not mean your going to have a fantastic fast car to drive around in! Balance is where its at..the balance of power and torque to match the chassis is the key to overall success!!

If you want a quarter mile straight liner then go for it..why you would ever choose a late model corolla!!!! who knows.

Personally i'll have my supercharged 2ZZ any day of the week!!

ill take my turboed 2zz any day of the week !!!!! :P :P :P :P

mate either bring urs to aus or ill come to nz for a s/c vs turbo 2zz battle ..... lol ..... since none of the aus boys r gonna dig deep n get the blitz :P :P :P :P :P

Now we are talking!! Wouldnt that be a sh*tload of fun... Make a damn good video too!!

Two things people forget about when talking about moding a 2ZZ is reliability for one and fuel economy... Believe me, the savings on huge gas bills and costly engine repairs, the Blitz kit is a bargin! Im getting on average..540kms to a tank!! and I boost it all day long!

What would you expect out of a turbo 2ZZ?? 250-300kms at the most! Then you have the engine rebuild to fork out for when that 11.5:1 comp ratio sends a piston out the side of the block hahaha..

20 laps around Pukekohe against my S/C..ha you wouldnt have a chance making it to the end of the race..

Good luck tho..

you might want to sus out my ride thread first (Link to my ride thread) before making some of these assumptions of urs :P :P :P :P

now for some facts not assumptions :P

1. i get 450 - 550 km out of 55L of fuel (every time i fill up i usually have about 5L left in the 60L tank)
  2. if you check out my rides thread u will realize that reliability wont be a problem and i can run 17.5psi of boost all day long ;) ;)
  3. if u run the same amount of boost as the blitz kit i.e. below double figures if ur tune is fine ur car will run just as reliable as the s/c setup so how is the turbo gona cause damage but the s/c doesnt if they are running the same amount of boost ?
  4. once again im not sure under wat assumption ur making that i could not hold the car on the track for 20laps .... lets c ..... its been decompressed to 8.8:1 forged pistons, rods, valves, springs, sleeves, head port n polished, LSD, coilovers, big brake kit ...... the list goes on .... so plz let me know what u have assumed here or what facts ur using to make that claim so i can understand y the car wouldnt last 20 laps?

He shoots ..... he scores :P :P :P

guess what I brought into the country today for one lucky corolla owner. last one that was available in Japan :P

yup super charger baby.

and the question everyone wants to ask is.....

how much did it end up costing?

Costed this guy $7000 landed in Sydney. This was before the aussie dollar drop, but I should be able to do similar price.

Blitz will have to manufacture future orders as I took the last one they had on shelf.

This is what it came with, i'll try translate the jap to get a list of exact details

blitzsckit.jpg

Edited by Nextmod

I read it as suggesting you'd run out of fuel before 20 laps was up with the high boost turbo setup ;)

Yeah I don't know...sounded alot like an open challenge to me - xoom, you know what to do...race him for slips :P

hahahahahaha well to educate on some of his assumption i will put this picture up ..... this is how i easily run 9psi around the tightness of a track to conserve petrol and have 9psi on tap from under 3K rpms (all 9 pounds .... not building to 9 ;)) and how i leave things standing still down the straight at the push of a button to switch to 17.5psi ......... next assumption please ? :P :P :P

39hy6.jpg

I read it as suggesting you'd run out of fuel before 20 laps was up with the high boost turbo setup ;)

Yeah I don't know...sounded alot like an open challenge to me - xoom, you know what to do...race him for slips :P

you can do it

hahahahahaha well to educate on some of his assumption i will put this picture up ..... this is how i easily run 9psi around the tightness of a track to conserve petrol and have 9psi on tap from under 3K rpms (all 9 pounds .... not building to 9 ;)) and how i leave things standing still down the straight at the push of a button to switch to 17.5psi ......... next assumption please ? :P :P :P

39hy6.jpg

next assumption. im positive bill's got an answer to turn every assumption into rubbish talk. :whistling:

Edited by xoom

Hi guys,

Just want to make a comment.

The blitz kit is a bolt on kit. At the moment, I do not know anyone is experienced enough to do a turbo kit in melb. The Blitz kit will provide a peace of mind for ametuers who want increase of power, but not at the extreme.

I believe that zoom's car is very quick but I will not be a person that can handle this much power and drive all that power all day!

Zoom,

Will this much amount of power, will it benefit on the track.

I personally believe the balance of power, handling, driver skills, type of track and braking is all in one.

I know at ppl who drives fwd cars (like civics, integras can match pace with fast big turbo cars at winton) cos winton is focused on small quick corners, and not many long striaghts)

If you talk about drag race on straight, no doubt your car can kill any supercharge cars.

I am not baised on any side, just I think there are always pros and cons on either getting supercharge or turbos, it realli depends on your driving style, skills and needs.

There's too much war happening in this forum.

Let's be constructive and informative.

The Blitz kit looks very nicely engineered. I am sure this kit is made to operate within the limit of 2zz-ge engine and made to be easy to live with for its buyers. Also, AU$7000 is indeed some big spending, but maybe there is a reason behind this.

We all experienced the so called "you do get what you paid for", and for the easiest example, and perhaps the most common item purchased for corolla, is cold air intake. Most of people here buys AEM, Injen or TRD rather than Ebay intake. I bet when it comes to the decision to buy is because of the brand's solid reputation. So far, in my experience, most big brand names does performed closer to what it promised compared to the lesser known brand. You just have to be very selective in which brand name you buy, and not for the sake just to be branded.

Best of all, its bolt-on affair. Read the instructions carefully and install it twice as careful, and you should be ready to go without many dramas (there is always a drama when it comes to modifying). This is a great thing to most people, and these parts are much easier to allocate to buy. Don't forget warranty, thats a big deal (Although parts from overseas may not be valid for warranty).

Other options you can go for, is go custom made like Xoom's turbo, and The_J_Factor celica with rotrex supercharger.

Both seems to be performing exceptionally well, but of course this takes more time and effort, but can sometimes ended up spending less money to spend than buying branded names. Or, the otherwise. But hey, the parts used in this custom made kit is also branded name right? Why of course it is :) And of course quality craftmenship, which cost you top dollar.

But if time is money, then the actual cost to build these kits are actually more than you spend.

And perhaps that's why bolt on kit is expensive? Because the manufacturer spends a great deal of time (money) investing into a kit to be relased to market? You got to get your capital back in any business now do you?

Of course.

Edited by DANZZT231

The Blitz kit looks very nicely engineered. I am sure this kit is made to operate within the limit of 2zz-ge engine and made to be easy to live with for its buyers. Also, AU$7000 is indeed some big spending, but maybe there is a reason behind this.

We all experienced the so called "you do get what you paid for", and for the easiest example, and perhaps the most common item purchased for corolla, is cold air intake. Most of people here buys AEM, Injen or TRD rather than Ebay intake. I bet when it comes to the decision to buy is because of the brand's solid reputation. So far, in my experience, most big brand names does performed closer to what it promised compared to the lesser known brand. You just have to be very selective in which brand name you buy, and not for the sake just to be branded.

Best of all, its bolt-on affair. Read the instructions carefully and install it twice as careful, and you should be ready to go without many dramas (there is always a drama when it comes to modifying). This is a great thing to most people, and these parts are much easier to allocate to buy. Don't forget warranty, thats a big deal (Although parts from overseas may not be valid for warranty).

Other options you can go for, is go custom made like Xoom's turbo, and The_J_Factor celica with rotrex supercharger.

Both seems to be performing exceptionally well, but of course this takes more time and effort, but can sometimes ended up spending less money to spend than buying branded names. Or, the otherwise. But hey, the parts used in this custom made kit is also branded name right? Why of course it is :) And of course quality craftmenship, which cost you top dollar.

But if time is money, then the actual cost to build these kits are actually more than you spend.

And perhaps that's why bolt on kit is expensive? Because the manufacturer spends a great deal of time (money) investing into a kit to be relased to market? You got to get your capital back in any business now do you?

Of course.

I totally agree, for ppl like me I will prefer the supercharge kit as first thing, I do not know an experienced engineer can take this project. Second I do not know how much will it cost you for installation and time for custom turbo. Third, I m not aiming to get max power.

However, turbos kits are great and if some manufacturer has a bolt on turbo kit as a package, I dont mind going for it. E.g if AVO or APS has kits like WRX or APR likeaudis and VWs kits.

I am this kind of ppl will go for that, cos you know there are many running on the road, and tested as well.

I don't think anyone is arguing here, no one is getting aggressive, some of you ladies need to harden up. (Note the following the material contains course language, may not be suitable for some viewers)

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

The facts are simple however:

* A well implemented custom turbo kit will outperform the blitz s/c kit any day of the week in every respect.

* A well implemented custom turbo kit will cost substantially more and require more parts than a blitz s/c kit

* Probably anyone with any know how could install the blitz s/c kit, being 'bolt on' whereas a turbo kit can take many months to fabricate/install by 'professionals'

* As I have said earlier in the thread, blitz make good gear and i think people buying this kit should be pretty comfortable and where they are putting their money. I mean the kit is sure to include ALL necessary fittings and tools for any modifications that need to be done. And I am sure the reliability and lastability of this kit would be great

Taking into account these facts, all that people need to ask themselves is how much performance do they want and how much do they want to spend. Simple. Only when money isn't an object does the debate become interesting...but in reality, who drives a Corolla if money isn't an object? :)

Hi guys,

The blitz kit is a bolt on kit. At the moment, I do not know anyone is experienced enough to do a turbo kit in melb. The Blitz kit will provide a peace of mind for ametuers who want increase of power, but not at the extreme.

I believe that zoom's car is very quick but I will not be a person that can handle this much power and drive all that power all day!

Zoom,

I personally believe the balance of power, handling, driver skills, type of track and braking is all in one.

I know at ppl who drives fwd cars (like civics, integras can match pace with fast big turbo cars at winton) cos winton is focused on small quick corners, and not many long striaghts)

If you talk about drag race on straight, no doubt your car can kill any supercharge cars.

I am not baised on any side, just I think there are always pros and cons on either getting supercharge or turbos, it realli depends on your driving style, skills and needs.

Hey mate ..... as state i have made every mod possible so that the car can be setup for straight out straight line speed AND circuit racing if need be ...... again if u look @ what i have previously posted if ur not happy with 9psi of boost @ under 3K rpms then i dunno what will make u happy because then the s/c from blitz doesnt make u happy either ...... i 110% agree that going a custom kit requires time, knowledge and patients + a larger budget because thats the nature of the game ...... but wen its finished and its all come together that smile it puts on ur face is priceless ;) ;) ;)

If ur just not cut out to go the whole custom route be it cash or experience watever it is then i recommend u go the kit path to save urself the headache .....

GEEEEZZZZZ danz that a bit of an over kill ..... WAR :blink: :blink: :blink: mate lighten up a bit and read between the lines u will notice that sleeper and I were taking happy pot shots at each other .... if we were really arguing do u think we would be so sarcastic 2 one another and use the emotional icons we have been using ? also i assure u the language used would have been far more artistic if we were arguing for real ..... so dont assume we are at WAR :P :P :P :P (yes i am taking a funny pot shot at u dont take it serious)

but in all seriousness throughout the rubbish sleeper and i have posted we have clarified a lot of things which i think are constructive and factual ...... ok we did it in a light hearted manner but if u cant see through that then maybe u should not be on the net as u'll have an anurism (spelling) reading all the stuff on here especially if u take it seriously and straight to heart ....... its called mucking around.

Mate if u have any questions to try and get constructive information from either of us then ask ..... as can be attested by many member i have provided such information once it has been request.

No war here

0511-0702-0211-2545.jpg

Hi guys,

Zoom,

Hey mate ..... as state i have made every mod possible so that the car can be setup for straight out straight line speed AND circuit racing if need be ...... again if u look @ what i have previously posted if ur not happy with 9psi of boost @ under 3K rpms then i dunno what will make u happy because then the s/c from blitz doesnt make u happy either ...... i 110% agree that going a custom kit requires time, knowledge and patients + a larger budget because thats the nature of the game ...... but wen its finished and its all come together that smile it puts on ur face is priceless ;) ;) ;)

If ur just not cut out to go the whole custom route be it cash or experience watever it is then i recommend u go the kit path to save urself the headache .....

GEEEEZZZZZ danz that a bit of an over kill ..... WAR :blink: :blink: :blink: mate lighten up a bit and read between the lines u will notice that sleeper and I were taking happy pot shots at each other .... if we were really arguing do u think we would be so sarcastic 2 one another and use the emotional icons we have been using ? also i assure u the language used would have been far more artistic if we were arguing for real ..... so dont assume we are at WAR :P :P :P :P (yes i am taking a funny pot shot at u dont take it serious)

but in all seriousness throughout the rubbish sleeper and i have posted we have clarified a lot of things which i think are constructive and factual ...... ok we did it in a light hearted manner but if u cant see through that then maybe u should not be on the net as u'll have an anurism (spelling) reading all the stuff on here especially if u take it seriously and straight to heart ....... its called mucking around.

Mate if u have any questions to try and get constructive information from either of us then ask ..... as can be attested by many member i have provided such information once it has been request.

No war here

0511-0702-0211-2545.jpg

haha :rolleyes: totally agreed bill

bill, could u pls take a video of your boost gauge and film it @ 2nd gear 30km/h to redline and then shift up into 3rd gear and floor it for a little bit more (or as long as u want! :P)

thanks

would love to see that video. c'mon bill. you can do it

Hi guys,

Zoom,

No war here

0511-0702-0211-2545.jpg

Man oh man..I would have to agree with ya there buddy :) some people are to serious in life hey..

Im really enjoying having a bit light hearted humour with me aussie brothers :D

It would be pretty dull if we had to reside like a soggy o'l text book...

bill, could u pls take a video of your boost gauge and film it @ 2nd gear 30km/h to redline and then shift up into 3rd gear and floor it for a little bit more (or as long as u want! :P)

thanks

Yeah I agree!! come on bill...you can do it! or maybe not.. :lol: hahaha..