Blitz Supercharger 2ZZGE! 100% Accurate Information

Sleeper

I read it as suggesting you'd run out of fuel before 20 laps was up with the high boost turbo setup ;)

Yeah I don't know...sounded alot like an open challenge to me - xoom, you know what to do...race him for slips :P

hahahahahaha well to educate on some of his assumption i will put this picture up ..... this is how i easily run 9psi around the tightness of a track to conserve petrol and have 9psi on tap from under 3K rpms (all 9 pounds .... not building to 9 ;)) and how i leave things standing still down the straight at the push of a button to switch to 17.5psi ......... next assumption please ? :P :P :P

39hy6.jpg

Sorry mate, how on earth does putting up a picture of your steering wheel and instrument cluster show that your car can display the performance you stated????

Maybe we should all put pictures of our steering wheels and see whos the fastest.. :clap::blush:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Blitz s/c doesn't achieved 200kw wheels I wouldn't mind buying it if I intend to forced induct my Celica, mainly because it helps power below lift.

Most bolt on kit promises 30-40 percent power increase on top end power range anyway, way more than enough. Unless you are Kw junkies.

A similar result may be comparable; the celica owner from Brisbane who Rotrex-ed his Celica achieved 200hp wheels, translated to 140kw-150kw wheels.

But if you just care about kw in your Sportivo/Celica, you probably just want to go fast in a straight line. Which in my opinion, you bought the wrong car.

I couldnt agree with you more!! There are to many people who think that kW figures are all that count!! Wake up and smell the cheese! having all the kW's in the world does not mean your going to have a fantastic fast car to drive around in! Balance is where its at..the balance of power and torque to match the chassis is the key to overall success!!

If you want a quarter mile straight liner then go for it..why you would ever choose a late model corolla!!!! who knows.

Personally i'll have my supercharged 2ZZ any day of the week!!

ill take my turboed 2zz any day of the week !!!!! :P :P :P :P

mate either bring urs to aus or ill come to nz for a s/c vs turbo 2zz battle ..... lol ..... since none of the aus boys r gonna dig deep n get the blitz :P :P :P :P :P

Now we are talking!! Wouldnt that be a sh*tload of fun... Make a damn good video too!!

Two things people forget about when talking about moding a 2ZZ is reliability for one and fuel economy... Believe me, the savings on huge gas bills and costly engine repairs, the Blitz kit is a bargin! Im getting on average..540kms to a tank!! and I boost it all day long!

What would you expect out of a turbo 2ZZ?? 250-300kms at the most! Then you have the engine rebuild to fork out for when that 11.5:1 comp ratio sends a piston out the side of the block hahaha..

20 laps around Pukekohe against my S/C..ha you wouldnt have a chance making it to the end of the race..

Good luck tho..

thats a pretty bias statment, i have seen xoom's engine and ill tell you that it would smoke a stock engine for durability even if he ran around on 20psi all day long, your fuel consumption estimates are little off too.....also if you were doing a turbo setup you wouldn't be using 11.5:1 cause you would know that somthing like 8.8:1 is a much better option..

Ok sherlock holmes, in what way are my fuel figures a little off then?? And what are the accurate figures you have?? Thanks for the lesson on compression ratios too! If you didnt realise I was having a laugh..ya know..a joke (hense the hahaha..) then you do now :blush:

bill, could u pls take a video of your boost gauge and film it @ 2nd gear 30km/h to redline and then shift up into 3rd gear and floor it for a little bit more (or as long as u want! :P)

thanks

Yeah I agree!! come on bill...you can do it! or maybe not.. :lol: hahaha..

nah sorry mate ..... the turbo spool causes a sonic wave which scrambles electronic signals so the camera wont work :P :P

seriously i will do once the car is completed and out @ wakefield being put to the test ;)

I read it as suggesting you'd run out of fuel before 20 laps was up with the high boost turbo setup ;)

Yeah I don't know...sounded alot like an open challenge to me - xoom, you know what to do...race him for slips :P

hahahahahaha well to educate on some of his assumption i will put this picture up ..... this is how i easily run 9psi around the tightness of a track to conserve petrol and have 9psi on tap from under 3K rpms (all 9 pounds .... not building to 9 ;)) and how i leave things standing still down the straight at the push of a button to switch to 17.5psi ......... next assumption please ? :P

39hy6.jpg

Sorry mate, how on earth does putting up a picture of your steering wheel and instrument cluster show that your car can display the performance you stated????

Maybe we should all put pictures of our steering wheels and see whos the fastest.. :clap::blush:

u'll see from the pic that im obviously faster than u ..... i mean look ive dialled 0 km/h on the dial and ill still pull past u :P

re-read my post ;) i was illustrating the remote boost button to switch between 9psi & 17.5psi something that i don't believe is possible on the charger without actually physically changing something in ur setup like the belt for the charger or the cog size ? ..... but i wont assume anything like sum have here :whistling: so correct me if i am wrong :P

pfft, that button is a rice feature it performs no other function other than that already provided by the 'select' button on the Profec B... Bill you ricer

except i gotta reach in behind the steering wheel to get to it and with the button the hand doesn't leave the steering wheel :P :P :P

Is it hard to turn the steering wheel at a fast rate with that button on the steering?

not really ..... at first it was because i had to adjust where i was grabbing the steering wheel .... but now i have gotten used to the fact that i need to grab the wheel either side of the button ..... u get used to it after a while and boy was it funny hitting the button by accident and all of a sudden powering out of a corner at double the boost i was expecting ..... lol

bill, could u pls take a video of your boost gauge and film it @ 2nd gear 30km/h to redline and then shift up into 3rd gear and floor it for a little bit more (or as long as u want! :P)

thanks

Yeah I agree!! come on bill...you can do it! or maybe not.. :lol: hahaha..

nah sorry mate ..... the turbo spool causes a sonic wave which scrambles electronic signals so the camera wont work :P :P

seriously i will do once the car is completed and out @ wakefield being put to the test ;)

every time I read a post like this from you Bill I think.... SOFT!!!! :P

Dude I haven't even started the build on my car and I've already been out to Wakefield Park twice with it :P

why? because I want to learn how the car behaves to the changes so I need to learn how the car performs on the track and be able to judge just what the changes do for the performance. All I can say is you will get a huge shock the first time you head out there and will be lucky to get under 1:20 for a lap, just like FLYNSX and Poggy did first times out. Poggy has now learned his car better and has dropped down to 1:15.

Just get out there and DO IT!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

• 3 weeks later...

ALL THERE IS TO SAY FROM ME IS NOW THAT I LIKE .......

NOW how long did you have to wait around for those parts to arive to you...... my car is at the smash repair and ive got 2 weeks to buy some things for my car and a turbo or supercharger is one for when it comes out all fixed up

SC all the way! I realise there are pro's and con's for both but its just the ease of the SC kit compared to the never ending hasles of a custom turbo. Aswell there is the beautiful power band and sound of a SC.

However, 7G is a lot of money to spend on a direct bolt on kit, a lot.

Bill your car is an epic piece of machine by the way, i love it and i would have it any day! I love the dedication you have put in to finish such a project, i dont have that sort of patience! :)

• 5 months later...
Hi everyone.

Can some one give me a price and the store where I can purchase the supercharger kit from? I have a current model celica mostly done up and I want to give it a bit more power. Thanks all

it discontinued! might be a few in stock overseas though

Well given that I've been bitten by my car again and it's not letting me sell it, I could just turbo charge it later on and forget about my GTR project. Bill seems lonely. We'll see what the days bring though...

hey bill why not get an mr2 steerin wheel with the up/down shift buttons somebodys got one on their stivo (cant remember who now) you could hook the boost controller up to that i dunno just a suggestion.

i would love to get a s/c on my car just for a bit more pull out of the corners but theyll be so far out of production by the time i can afford it i wont get one anyway

hey bill why not get an mr2 steerin wheel with the up/down shift buttons somebodys got one on their stivo (cant remember who now) you could hook the boost controller up to that i dunno just a suggestion.

i'd need to work out what the modulation is which is coming out of the boost button and see if it is possible to emulate the same effect from the steering controls. Now i have opened up the GReddy boost button and its got a bit more circuitry in there than i would have thought which says to me it may be more than just a simple shot of voltage ..... meh to much hassle and not enough time .... lol

i would love to get a s/c on my car just for a bit more pull out of the corners but theyll be so far out of production by the time i can afford it i wont get one anyway

the 2 min noodle diet does wonders 4 u in the budget management department ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just wondering. How did he up the boost on the blitz s/c with the clutch type pulley? :rolleyes:

he could have changed the crank pulley, but this would have overdriven everything else unless he changed them too....

the 2 min noodle diet does wonders 4 u in the budget management department ;) ;) ;) ;)

haha! damn right im already on it now besides the missus wouldnt like it if i worked my car when hers is so stuffed which is why im trying to arrange a new car for her to keep her off my back ;) keep em happy and theyll let you do just about anythin.

doubt ill be doing anything drastic untill i finish doing the reno on the unit sellin it and moving to our townhouse

then itll be all systems go

Edited by T.J

Just wondering. How did he up the boost on the blitz s/c with the clutch type pulley? :rolleyes:

he could have changed the crank pulley, but this would have overdriven everything else unless he changed them too....

Not to mention a crank pulley without harmonic dampener is a big no no...