Blitz Supercharger 2ZZGE! 100% Accurate Information

Sleeper

seems like this thread is being hijacked about evos, there everywere these days, you see them more them WRX's.

more people should supercharge there sportivos.

Are there any sportivos that have gone all out on the engine producing excess of 200kw? to shut those Evos up? Is it even possible 2 ge high figures on a 1.8L engine?

You need to check out Xoom's ride in the members section......

Yes there is :spiteful: and on a rolling start (still trying to work out launching the thing ..... lol + FWD vs AWD) i've munched worked evo's & sti's :spiteful: power to weight is just sooooo in the stivo's favour

Below graph was done @ 15psi .... currently running the car @ 17.5psi :whistling: :whistling:

turbo_2zz_dyno.jpg

and yes thread has been hijacked lets keep in on topic guys.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Blitz s/c doesn't achieved 200kw wheels I wouldn't mind buying it if I intend to forced induct my Celica, mainly because it helps power below lift.

Most bolt on kit promises 30-40 percent power increase on top end power range anyway, way more than enough. Unless you are Kw junkies.

A similar result may be comparable; the celica owner from Brisbane who Rotrex-ed his Celica achieved 200hp wheels, translated to 140kw-150kw wheels.

But if you just care about kw in your Sportivo/Celica, you probably just want to go fast in a straight line. Which in my opinion, you bought the wrong car.

how is the quality of the oil sump that come with the kit. we had problems with the one that came from brash boy. the bottom of it had leaks and also the quality of the cast was so poor, the screw thread sorta distorted on it's 2nd oil change. according to brash boy, it's' happening to their cars, too...

The quality of the sump was awesome..the cast was actually of a really high standard as were the manifolds. I dont see how it could leak or distort in any way?? its about 2cm thick and a very even surface.

interesting, sounds like there might be some differences between the kit from blitz and brashboy. ours came with a powerFC and no mods were needed for the fuel pump, too. :blink:

First let me add... the reason people go to turbo cars instead of working with the 2zz is because of this Blitz kit for example.

About $7k for a 30% power increase? With most factory turbo cars $7k can easily double an already adequate (in most cases, with exception to 'kw junkies' like me) power output.

For this reason and the combined fact that 2zz only comes in FWD (with exception to the $$$ Lotus) equipped cars... other factory boosted vehicles (Evo, Rexy, Skyline etc) are a better choice for many due to the more favored drivetrain.

I will also add though that you cannot go wrong with Blitz gear, they are one of the top Jap aftermarket brands IMO, they aren't cheap, but what you pay for with the Blitz gear is the quality of fitting and manufacture. I guess what I am saying is that if I owned a Sportivo and didn't want to chase a turbo job on it, I would grab one of these kits and boost the tits off it with a bit of supporting work (eg PFC :D).

All you girly men who cry about needing a built engine for anything less than 10 psi need to htfu - tune it right and your motor isn't going to explode from your fully hektic boost pressure.

A similar result may be comparable; the celica owner from Brisbane who Rotrex-ed his Celica achieved 200hp wheels, translated to 140kw-150kw wheels.

Thats very interesting, seeing how our stroked 2ZZ makes the same amount of power.

Who says u need a blower :P

About $7k for a 30% power increase? With most factory turbo cars $7k can easily double an already adequate (in most cases, with exception to 'kw junkies' like me) power output.

I suppose if you want money well spent then that would be the case.......but since when is modifying cars money well spent anyway :rolleyes:

Thats very interesting, seeing how our stroked 2ZZ makes the same amount of power.

If your racing I suppose it would be fine.....I would prefer the blower on the street though. :)

First let me add... the reason people go to turbo cars instead of working with the 2zz is because of this Blitz kit for example.

For this reason and the combined fact that 2zz only comes in FWD (with exception to the $$$ Lotus) equipped cars... other factory boosted vehicles (Evo, Rexy, Skyline etc) are a better choice for many due to the more favored drivetrain.

I will also add though that you cannot go wrong with Blitz gear, they are one of the top Jap aftermarket brands IMO, they aren't cheap, but what you pay for with the Blitz gear is the quality of fitting and manufacture. I guess what I am saying is that if I owned a Sportivo and didn't want to chase a turbo job on it, I would grab one of these kits and boost the tits off it with a bit of supporting work (eg PFC :D).

All you girly men who cry about needing a built engine for anything less than 10 psi need to htfu - tune it right and your motor isn't going to explode from your fully hektic boost pressure.

I agree and disagree :ph34r: . FWD cars are not the ****boxes they use to be in the past, with todays technology I believe this difference has changed. Alot of their shortcomings have been improved. Just look at the list of FWD cars availible today, they will outhandle many rwd cars.......

But i dont think rwd is overrated, as having the ***** snap out is awesome feeling :spiteful:

Back on topic, is there any figures yet from pre and post installation???

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=11977

Thanks for the link but im not interested in the power output, if you look at one of my previous posts, i was more interested in the improvment on track times than the power output.

I agree and disagree :ph34r: . FWD cars are not the ****boxes they use to be in the past, with todays technology I believe this difference has changed. Alot of their shortcomings have been improved. Just look at the list of FWD cars availible today, they will outhandle many rwd cars.......

But i dont think rwd is overrated, as having the ***** snap out is awesome feeling :spiteful:

No I am not saying FWD are ****boxes by any means, however for most they are the least favored. I mean you cannot argue that RWD cars get the power down far better than front wheelers and assuming both cars have well setup suspension the RWD IS likely going to be quicker around a track.

For a street car I think 'driftability' is of little concern - only bogans want a poorly balanced car that is going to swing out at every round about and 90 degree bend (ie, the whole commo/falcon community, nothing but inside wheelspin heroes... they could at least invest in an LSD :P )

EDIT - Sorry, going off topic... if you own a sportivo and have the $$$ buy this kit...you know what to do :)

Edited by Mintos

Even if the Blitz s/c doesn't achieved 200kw wheels I wouldn't mind buying it if I intend to forced induct my Celica, mainly because it helps power below lift.

Most bolt on kit promises 30-40 percent power increase on top end power range anyway, way more than enough. Unless you are Kw junkies.

But if you just care about kw in your Sportivo/Celica, you probably just want to go fast in a straight line. Which in my opinion, you bought the wrong car.

I couldnt agree with you more!! There are to many people who think that kW figures are all that count!! Wake up and smell the cheese! having all the kW's in the world does not mean your going to have a fantastic fast car to drive around in! Balance is where its at..the balance of power and torque to match the chassis is the key to overall success!!

If you want a quarter mile straight liner then go for it..why you would ever choose a late model corolla!!!! who knows.

Personally i'll have my supercharged 2ZZ any day of the week!!

I couldnt agree with you more!! There are to many people who think that kW figures are all that count!! Wake up and smell the cheese! having all the kW's in the world does not mean your going to have a fantastic fast car to drive around in! Balance is where its at..the balance of power and torque to match the chassis is the key to overall success!!

If you want a quarter mile straight liner then go for it..why you would ever choose a late model corolla!!!! who knows.

ill take my turboed 2zz any day of the week !!!!! :P :P :P :P

mate either bring urs to aus or ill come to nz for a s/c vs turbo 2zz battle ..... lol ..... since none of the aus boys r gonna dig deep n get the blitz :P :P :P :P :P

Power output is only one part of the equation...what about the torque?? the most important part of a drivable engine! Where is your max torque achieved?? 6900rpm? 7200rpm??..

With the blower my max torque 250Nm is achieved now @4313rpm instead of 180Nm@6998rpm..there is no comparison.. :D

Power output is only one part of the equation...what about the torque?? the most important part of a drivable engine! Where is your max torque achieved?? 6900rpm? 7200rpm??..

With the blower my max torque 250Nm is achieved now @4313rpm instead of 180Nm@6998rpm..there is no comparison.. :D

true there is no comparison ..... remind me where does the blitz kit achieve its 7psi(maybe 9 on a good day) of max boost in all its glory ???? about 5k+rpms ..... wait i do believe im holding 9psi from under 3K rpms & 17psi from under 4K rpms :P :P :P :P :P wat u think that will mean for the torque figure ?????? :P :P :P :P ah bit of tongue n cheek ... love it ..... in all seriousness though it would still be interesting to see how they fair up head to head in some bench mark testing ..... hurry up aus boys n blitz ur rides damn it !!!!!!!!!!!! on that note the yankies appear to be dropping the max torque figures back to the 5K rpm mark with their GT35 monster turbo's which will obviously take longer to spool & get the engine cracking so i would imagine the smaller GT2871 would bring that mark even lower unless im thinking about things all wrong ..... next tuning session i'll let u knw ;)

Hmm, i'm also thinking that reversing the install and removing the blitz kit and reselling it as a package may be little but easier than a custom turbo kit (i.e. when selling the car). So it may be a better investment, but hey i don't 100% know since i've never done it!!!!!!!

Edited by punk_rolla

There is a Celica in NSW with Blitz S/C.

A black one and its on a cover for some magazine which I couldn't remember which.

haha i remember blitz kit and wide bodykit, very nice i have that issue its in autosalon magazine issue 58 for anyone interested

I agree with you totally... but to be honest I cant tell you the torque figure because really we dont give a f*ck... its just a number to us. and to be honest again, there's no chance that in increase in power would move the max torque to higher in the rev range, unless you have no idea how to tune a vehicle.

The one thing i can tell u is that lift change point is unnoticeable.... apart from the change in noise that is.

So i would say that it would be a very very good comparison between the two if we could get them together

ill take my turboed 2zz any day of the week !!!!! :P :P :P :P

mate either bring urs to aus or ill come to nz for a s/c vs turbo 2zz battle ..... lol ..... since none of the aus boys r gonna dig deep n get the blitz :P :P :P :P :P

Now we are talking!! Wouldnt that be a sh*tload of fun... Make a damn good video too!!

Two things people forget about when talking about moding a 2ZZ is reliability for one and fuel economy... Believe me, the savings on huge gas bills and costly engine repairs, the Blitz kit is a bargin! Im getting on average..540kms to a tank!! and I boost it all day long!

What would you expect out of a turbo 2ZZ?? 250-300kms at the most! Then you have the engine rebuild to fork out for when that 11.5:1 comp ratio sends a piston out the side of the block hahaha..

20 laps around Pukekohe against my S/C..ha you wouldnt have a chance making it to the end of the race..

Good luck tho..

I agree with you totally... but to be honest I cant tell you the torque figure because really we dont give a f*ck... its just a number to us. and to be honest again, there's no chance that in increase in power would move the max torque to higher in the rev range, unless you have no idea how to tune a vehicle.

The one thing i can tell u is that lift change point is unnoticeable.... apart from the change in noise that is.

So i would say that it would be a very very good comparison between the two if we could get them together

I wasnt implying it would change where max torque would be, I was just stating that it would be between 6900rpm and 7200rpm which is very peaky compaired to having it at 4313rpm which is a lot more usable midrange..

Ive raced a 1000kg honda civic type-r with 139kW @ the whls around Pukekohe & there was no comparison! not even close!

But yes I would love to get our two cars together for a showdown! It a shame about that silly bit of water between us!