technical questions

torqueofthedevil

Sorry you feel that way mate, but you need to remember that 90% of people on here are Corolla drivers. We help out where we can, but if we dont know the answer we cant exactly do anything about it. Its always safer to ask a mechanic or dealer than trust the voice of online people anyway i reckon

Hhmmm Toyotas tend to be pretty reliable and all our models are quite recent so we haven't really had any opportunity to get "technical" on maintenance issues. Thus, my money/time spent on the car is in pursuit of enjoyment, including in-car entertainment and said "go faster rubbish" (for rubbish it certainly performs well in hillclimb events and such). Admittedly there is a fair amount of "rice" around here and we do favour Corollas heavilly on this forum - each to his own.

Take a look at the dyno figures if members' "so called go faster rubbish" is indeed rubbish. Look at Xoom, Sleeper, grimlock, dugong etc who have gone the forced-induction route and increased power by 50%. Look at people like MR22ZZ who hits the track every weekend, has modified a Corolla to such an extent that it has run 14.3 second quarter miles and is now embarking on an engine transplant in an old platform. Look at the 1ZZ-engined pioneers who have taken their cars to a level beyond a standard 2ZZ-Sportivo at the drag strip. Look at all the techo's like Rollamods, BigBum and Rollaboy, you can get no better advice than from them, just not about your particular model Camry mate. I'm sure there are Camry experts out there, they just aren't here, and that's not our fault.

Well that's right, that's why Toyota are there. To help out with problems. I ring them and get quotes on certain things, they usually always give you good answer to any concerns or questions. I'd say this site is hardly much for technical questions. It's more to brag and discuss.

Hhmmm Toyotas tend to be pretty reliable and all our models are quite recent so we haven't really had any opportunity to get "technical" on maintenance issues. Thus, my money/time spent on the car is in pursuit of enjoyment, including in-car entertainment and said "go faster rubbish" (for rubbish it certainly performs well in hillclimb events and such). Admittedly there is a fair amount of "rice" around here and we do favour Corollas heavilly on this forum - each to his own.

Take a look at the dyno figures if members' "so called go faster rubbish" is indeed rubbish. Look at Xoom, Sleeper, grimlock, dugong etc who have gone the forced-induction route and increased power by 50%. Look at people like MR22ZZ who hits the track every weekend, has modified a Corolla to such an extent that it has run 14.3 second quarter miles and is now embarking on an engine transplant in an old platform. Look at the 1ZZ-engined pioneers who have taken their cars to a level beyond a standard 2ZZ-Sportivo at the drag strip. Look at all the techo's like Rollamods, BigBum and Rollaboy, you can get no better advice than from them, just not about your particular model Camry mate. I'm sure there are Camry experts out there, they just aren't here, and that's not our fault.

Here Here!! Dam right they just aren't here :clap:

Sorry if you are upset by my gripe but i happen to be a Tech myself. I was only hoping someone could point me to where a certain part is located or if there is such a thing. Already diagnosed guys just s pointer is what i needed. This isnt a technical site it seems just a brag site, but thats ok but you advertise as a" help with all your toyota needs" not sure about that. Anyway have fun, didnt mean to upset anyone , just frustrated thats all.

Cheers

Sorry if you are upset by my gripe but i happen to be a Tech myself. I was only hoping someone could point me to where a certain part is located or if there is such a thing. Already diagnosed guys just s pointer is what i needed. This isnt a technical site it seems just a brag site, but thats ok but you advertise as a" help with all your toyota needs" not sure about that. Anyway have fun, didnt mean to upset anyone , just frustrated thats all.

Cheers

Dude, there's no use having a cry if no one can help you. Your rant just made you sound like a spoilt brat who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants. We don't know everything in this forum and there's no where on this site that states otherwhise. If i had the particular part you're after sitting my garage, i'm sure i would have responded. (where's ignition X when you need him hehehe).

I have gotten alot out of this forum in terms of technical info and I have also made a few friends; so when you start bagging out this forum you will inevitably upset a few people - go figure right?!

I think you'll find most of the peoples here are more then willing to help if they know how to help?

Otherwise, do a bit of research for your self and try and fix the problem. (like you've done)

http://www.camrymanuals.com/

true dat, no point saying what u "think" is right. thats just plain stupid.

Fellas point taken cheers!!! but im not stupid and no spoilt brat as someone has commented, fair enough.

Hope i can still post and that i havent upset anyone too much??? :rolleyes: Ive had no luck with toyota, they just shrug the shoulders thats why i was hoping a guru was on this site. Not to worry, ddidnt mean to bag the site. Sorry guys.

torqueofthedevil.

I know your frustration.

I have a brand new car (not a toyota) that they can't fix.

Even when I present logical reasoning as to why and how to fix it (and they agree with me) it still doesn't get done.

I paid a premuim for a new car with a warranty that's useless.

I personally won't buy a new car ever again.

serious? im sure u would. just dont buy another new toyota again :spiteful: haha

hope u and the devil have better luck next time...mmm....usually the experienced mechanices are in other places, so u should try your luck in different dealers?

as mentioned the majority of the site's population is by ZZ rollas... for more direct and specific camry help i'd suggest either looking it up yourself (using the camry manuals) or posting in a camry specific forum such as www.camcrew.com.au... (australian based camry forum)... but if you do have a problem and post it up here sooner or later someone with a little knowledge would spot the thread and try to help a brotha out...

2c

serious? im sure u would. just dont buy another new toyota again :spiteful: haha

hope u and the devil have better luck next time...mmm....usually the experienced mechanices are in other places, so u should try your luck in different dealers?

Think you misread my post.

It is NOT a toyota I am having problems with.

Current (NOT toyota) car has been to THREE dealers.

None of them care or have the inteligence to think laterally.

As for never buying a new car again.

I just can't face the though of being 'scammed' in regards to warranties again.

I'm already on anti-depresants thanks to this ****box.

I won't elaborate further on my 'options' with this case.

At least with a second hand car I know if I have to fix something it's my problem.

That I can handle just fine.

I have the knowledge and enough tools to strip/rebuild the avg car.

What the hell is your new car? If it's a Kia Daewoo or Hyundai then I'm not surprised. Note that they are cars to avoid!

Nope, if it was a cheaper car I wouldn't have a problem.

All I'll say right now is they are known for engine mount failures.........

Forest gump voice/ "And that's all I have to say about that" /end forest gump voice

What the hell is your new car? If it's a Kia Daewoo or Hyundai then I'm not surprised. Note that they are cars to avoid!

Forest gump voice/ "And that's all I have to say about that" /end forest gump voice

You're not the Mazda 3 MPS guy are you?

ic ok now. so u have a non toyota brand new car and an 03 camry sportivo as said in the other camry thread?

im sure new cars are fine. just need to buy the right new cars.

You're not the Mazda 3 MPS guy are you?

Nah.

What mps guy by the way ??????????

I can only afford one car at a time sorry.....