sportivo vs commodore

Guest delete

Guest dong-soo

i saw this on a website in the early hours of thismorning.

VS commodore - 0 - 100 km/h 8.9 seconds and Standing 400 metres 16.3 seconds

Corolla sportivo - 0 – 100km/h 8.4 seconds and standing 400 metres 16.1 sec.

the figures from a standing start.

would sportivo be at even more advanage in a rolling start ?? (due to better gear and diff ratios, as opposed to the commodore 3.08 or whatever rear end)

thoughts plz

well im off to bed, i check in da morning :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are aware that Toyota lied with those figures. Mid to low 15s for the 1/4 mile is possible stock which translates to, at worst, high 7's in the 0-100 run.

Edited by SuperDave

You are aware that Toyota lied with those figures. Mid to low 15s for the 1/4 mile is possible stock which translates to, at worst, high 7's in the 0-100 run.

Holden could have lied about their figures too. but then again, the VS is an older car i.e not putting out as many ponnies.

anyway, these car comparison topics always end in frustration/arguments/duels at noon...etc :P .

Edited by qkslvr

Guest dong-soo

keke i will have to find out then. reason i ask is i should have a similar power to weight to the sportivo, so im interested to see. oh so toyota reported slower 0-100 than really ?

Holden could have lied about their figures too.

I doubt it, the Holden v6 is rubbish :P

no one's arguing with you there. LOL. don't even get me started on the EA falcons (I used to own one) with their "live axel", leaf spring rear end, and half-a$$ attempt at fuel injection where the "ECU" would lose it's programming everytime you changed the battery. yuck! i would say it was a boat but that would be an insult to boats. hahaha

i saw this on a website in the early hours of thismorning.

the figures from a standing start.

would sportivo be at even more advanage in a rolling start ?? (due to better gear and diff ratios, as opposed to the commodore 3.08 or whatever rear end)

thoughts plz

well im off to bed, i check in da morning :D

I believe these figures, no question

Guest dong-soo

REOMAN !!!!!!!!!!! yayayayayayayayayayaya you are back.... keke

i know the engine in VS and VT is the same, but the vs is lighter so it will be faster.

so light tuned smallport should be no prob ??

.........no haircut for me ^___^ my car should be fast enough i wont need a weight reduction on my hair hahah

wat do u mean by "light tune state"?

mine stock smallport motor

bigport gear (ecu, map, injectors, rwd waterpump, etc..)

blitz podfilter

stock 4-2-1- extractors overdiff to standard 2" redblack muffler

can pull away from a VP 3.8 commo lowered, extractors and exhaust etc...

also the ae82 bigport can do high 15's, iv seen them kill v6 4.0 ford utes on the 1/4 lol

Should check the 1/4 mile database...........and are those figures correct before the ecu fix (apparantly we were missing about 20kw)??

It also comes down to how you drive it.......keep in lift and expect a low 15......miss it and it will be a high 15

I can do 0-100km/h in about 7.5s with another passenger

Should check the 1/4 mile database...........and are those figures correct before the ecu fix (apparantly we were missing about 20kw)??

It also comes down to how you drive it.......keep in lift and expect a low 15......miss it and it will be a high 15

yep... making lift into 2nd gear is the key ;)

Holden could have lied about their figures too. but then again, the VS is an older car i.e not putting out as many ponnies.

anyway, these car comparison topics always end in frustration/arguments/duels at noon...etc :P .

Holden would be unlikely to have lied, Australian manufacturers are almost always trying to report as quick a time as they can whereas the Japanese prefer to be a bit more conservative to be sure that all vehicles can meet the stated figures regardless of drivers ability.

It's a bit irrelevant anyway I mean would you really want to be seen driving a VS (or VT or any other Commodore for that matter) when you could driving a Corolla?? B)

Edited by jps137

the ecu issue.....good point, b4 the ecu recall was done on my car, i was equal to 1zz rolla in lift!! and it wasnt bout driver skill too, at start i was loosing abit and when lift kicked in we both pulled the same speed

the ecu issue.....good point, b4 the ecu recall was done on my car, i was equal to 1zz rolla in lift!! and it wasnt bout driver skill too, at start i was loosing abit and when lift kicked in we both pulled the same speed

believe me ive dragged holdens in my mates corolla 1.8 and ripped em from take off. corolla is heaps lighter and front wheel drive. when you add lightweight and front wheel drive together they are amazing. holdens are slow. you wouldnt have a problem taking them on unless they are a v8 :)

Guest dong-soo

yah im not interested in 0-400m as its illegal.

take the car from 0-100km/h is legal to do, i think i may try it once lol.

Buri_zr6 do you mention a 1zz or 2zz engine corolla ?

yes jap manurfacturor often tell us conservative figures about power and also 0-100 times. it is for a reason.

don't even get me started on the EA falcons (I used to own one) with their "live axel", leaf spring rear end

Unless it was a wagon, EAs had coil-sprung rear ends. It was still a live axle, but without the cart springs

From my experience, the car with more torque are quicker at overtaking speed. Say if you are doing at 100km/h on high way at top gear. so as the V6 next to you. When both car dropped to 3third. The v6 will pull away from you no matter what. But on a straight line standing start. The sportiva will win, since its to do with power(expolsive).

I experienced in many occassion even I had b18c in a civic , when comes to over taking,,,,no matter what and how hard you rev, you are always 1 car plus behind the v6, so as v8.

If you want find out more infrom and facts, I would suggest you to check the "motor magazine" you can check the V8 or V6 100-130 accleration vs wrX or sti accleration. I bet you, the v8 wins....

More kw wins over a quarter mile, but when comes to IN GEAR accleration/rolling start, the more torquer car wins....eg privided not too far out in power/weight ratio.

Another example would be the new civic type r vs golf gti. Gti has almost double the civic torque..and when comes in track....civic loose out ....

These days, I work on torque and reasonable rpms (7000)to give a reasonable 0-100 accleration.

thank for reading guys

Edited by chopin