body roll

anthoboi

hi guys just curious

i purchased a trd front strut n a trd rear strut and i noticed that the handling on these are excellent !!!! ( WORTH PURCHASING FOR NICE driving)... althogh having said that im quite annoyed with the body roll ..

im still getting a bit being after the car is lowered (peddars 30mm front n back) ... i guess that when u do a hard turn quickly the fornt end is going to dip down to the opposite side of where ur turning..

now just wondering .. can i upgrade my suspension to something stiff ( not to stiff mind u ) and will that eliminte ALL possible ways of body roll whilst doing a nice hard turn ?

i got an auto rolla btw and i dont plan to buy coil overs coz i odnt believe its worth it .. i just fort upgrading the sussy will b good enuf ? is it worth it tho ?

TY

anthony

Thicker sway bars will reduce the body roll more then front and rear strut braces.............

Or you could go the whole way with coilovers, struts, swaybars, endlinks, suspension bushes, and alot of underbody bracing.

If your after a quick and effective upgrade then nothing beats the installation of a thicker rear sway bar for your FWD car...your car feels very flat going around corners, but don't get too excited going around the corners too fast.

hmmm

yer after i got the trd rear sway in man it made such a biggg difference !!! ... hmm so u think getting a front sway bar would help out ? alot more ? i take corners around 40 - 50 ish which to some ppl might not be alot buh its fun lol in couple places in marrickville and in earlwood. the one in earlwood is the one where i notice alot of body roll when turning lol :P

Edited by phoboi

IIRC a thicker front sway bar would increase understeer, and the stock sway is quite thick already IMO. If you have lowered springs, rear sway, front strut.....you could try for some more bracing....but I would looking into getting stiffer shock absorbers or coilovers although you mentioned that its not what your looking for.

yep! Sway bar/anti-roll bar will do the trick. try getting a rear sway bar first.

The strut brace is there to stiffen the chassis to help with responsiveness and turn-in. it's does next to nothing for body roll.

Edited by qkslvr

hmm i think iuno i might get stiffer shock absorbers coz i already got the sway bar in already n its a hassle to get it out not to mention i jsut currently got it.. so yer ..

just on another note,

does n e of u guys car bounce down when u go over a hump very slowly in a shopping centre ? i noticed that when i drive slowly over the shopping centre hump .. my car just drops and bounces up.

im wondering whether its got n e thing to do with the stock shocks dieing. if this is the case i might get new shock absorbers.

im not sure if n e 1 has driven to this shopping centre called MARRICKVILLE METRO .... if u have u know what humps im talking about ..i drive slow over their humps n i think my skirt touches the hump

lowered / super lowered cars should avoid that place man ... i just go there for the convience :(

tc ppls !!

hmm i think iuno i might get stiffer shock absorbers coz i already got the sway bar in already n its a hassle to get it out not to mention i jsut currently got it.. so yer ..

just on another note,

does n e of u guys car bounce down when u go over a hump very slowly in a shopping centre ? i noticed that when i drive slowly over the shopping centre hump .. my car just drops and bounces up.

im wondering whether its got n e thing to do with the stock shocks dieing. if this is the case i might get new shock absorbers.

im not sure if n e 1 has driven to this shopping centre called MARRICKVILLE METRO .... if u have u know what humps im talking about ..i drive slow over their humps n i think my skirt touches the hump

lowered / super lowered cars should avoid that place man ... i just go there for the convience :(

tc ppls !!

Yep. Definitely sounds like your shocks are gone buddy.