2008 Toyota Aurion Touring Special Edition

Soloman

Toyota today announced the launch of the Aurion Touring Special Edition, adding more ammunition against the Holden Commodore and Ford’s aging Falcon.

The models is based on the entry-level Aurion AT-X, but receives 16-inch wheels, a rear spoiler, leather steering wheel and gear lever.

The Touring also benefits from front and rear parking sonars, a six-disc CD changer, Optitron instruments, a multi-information dashboard display including trip computer and dual zone automatic air-conditioning.

toyotaauriontouringspecialedition.jpg

The Aurion is powered by the most powerful engine in its class, a 3.5-litre Quad Cam V6 producing 200kW of power at 6200rpm and 336Nm of torque at 4700rpm on regular unleaded petrol. Power output rises to 204kW with premium unleaded fuel.

Power and fuel efficiency go hand in hand with fuel economy of just 9.9 litres of regular unleaded fuel per 100km, making the Aurion the only Australian-made big six to comply with Euro IV emissions.

All Aurion variants come with a six-speed automatic sequential gearbox and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC - ESP).

With 15,072 Aurions sold to August, the car currently owns 16.5 per cent share of the large car market.

The Toyota Aurion Touring SE has a recommended retail price of $34,990.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/6934/2008-toyo...pecial-edition/

Superb value.

I'm a bit worried though, even though I don't have an Aurion I don't want it to have Commodore/Falcon resale values because of these special editions.

With all so many people having to wait up to months to get delivery for their Aurions, you would have thought demand is so high that Toyota won't need to release an "special" editions. I guess they've stopped making

ATXs during this time.

Superb value.

I'm a bit worried though, even though I don't have an Aurion I don't want it to have Commodore/Falcon resale values because of these special editions.

With all so many people having to wait up to months to get delivery for their Aurions, you would have thought demand is so high that Toyota won't need to release an "special" editions. I guess they've stopped making

ATXs during this time.

The waiting lists are for models like the ZR6 and Presara - the AT-X grade isnt selling as well as predicted it appears, and vice vera for the higher grades.

Toyota were already offering free rego and so forth on the AT-X even before this special edition.

The waiting lists are for models like the ZR6 and Presara - the AT-X grade isnt selling as well as predicted it appears, and vice vera for the higher grades.

Toyota were already offering free rego and so forth on the AT-X even before this special edition.

So why not make more for the ZR6 and Presaras and less AT-X. That way you lower the waiting period for those models. Surely, they'd be making more money on those models than the special edition models. Why would anyone buy an AT-X now? Unless of course you don't want the spoiler :P

Just saw a truck load of them... literally a truck load

im driving along and as normal saw the aurions on the back..... then im like .. hang on its got reverse parking sensors ... but a spoiler... what... presara? and then i saw the Touring Badge and went ahhhhh ....

They look very.... AT-X with a kit and sprinkle....hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know how long this model will be available for? I am considering getting one of these, as I was looking at a Prodigy, but wasn't all that keen about leather seats... this pretty much solves that issue :)

I'm hoping to get a new car sometime in the next few months once I can get finances worked out, and the Touring model caught my eye at the dealers...

I think Toyota's plan is to re-introduce the Touring SE later on down the track as a part of our standard model line up.

hmmm that would be interesting if they did... when would you guess they might re-introduce it?

I found from the dealers the current run finishes in mid-december, so I'm trying to decide whether to get one now or wait till later (where they might have more reasonable prices and a few extra accessories to choose from - ie. aux input on radio).

hmmm that would be interesting if they did... when would you guess they might re-introduce it?

I found from the dealers the current run finishes in mid-december, so I'm trying to decide whether to get one now or wait till later (where they might have more reasonable prices and a few extra accessories to choose from - ie. aux input on radio).

Will the current run be followed immediately by another run of Touring models? I am planning to purchase at the end of December.

Does anyone have any information on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Will the current run be followed immediately by another run of Touring models? I am planning to purchase at the end of December.

Does anyone have any information on this?

After talking to my dealer, I asked him the same question. From all the correspondence he received from Toyota, they don't plan on re-introducing the special edition any time soon. The Touring SE was more for competition against the new model Holdens and Fords.

I just purchased a Touring SE the other day... receiving it on the weekend... can't wait! The model finishes the production run fairly soon, so if you really want one, look at getting it before mid-December!

AT-X is selling well isn't it ? Most of the Aurions that i see on the street are AT-X.

Government departments will start snapping them up for fleet, so Either way I don't think things are slowing down for the AT-X

Apparently queensland police have a Aurion fleet.

They've also just bought one TRD up there.

rumours have it that there will be a TRD cop floating around doncaster pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...
AT-X is selling well isn't it ? Most of the Aurions that i see on the street are AT-X.

Government departments will start snapping them up for fleet, so Either way I don't think things are slowing down for the AT-X

Apparently queensland police have a Aurion fleet.

They've also just bought one TRD up there.

rumours have it that there will be a TRD cop floating around doncaster pretty soon.

QLD Police have picked up quite a few Aurions. Mostly SX6's. Using them marked and un-marked. Saw a Green Unmarked one the other day.

• 2 months later...
Toyota today announced the launch of the Aurion Touring Special Edition, adding more ammunition against the Holden Commodore and Ford’s aging Falcon.

The models is based on the entry-level Aurion AT-X, but receives 16-inch wheels, a rear spoiler, leather steering wheel and gear lever.

The Touring also benefits from front and rear parking sonars, a six-disc CD changer, Optitron instruments, a multi-information dashboard display including trip computer and dual zone automatic air-conditioning.

toyotaauriontouringspecialedition.jpg

The Aurion is powered by the most powerful engine in its class, a 3.5-litre Quad Cam V6 producing 200kW of power at 6200rpm and 336Nm of torque at 4700rpm on regular unleaded petrol. Power output rises to 204kW with premium unleaded fuel.

Power and fuel efficiency go hand in hand with fuel economy of just 9.9 litres of regular unleaded fuel per 100km, making the Aurion the only Australian-made big six to comply with Euro IV emissions.

All Aurion variants come with a six-speed automatic sequential gearbox and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC - ESP).

With 15,072 Aurions sold to August, the car currently owns 16.5 per cent share of the large car market.

The Toyota Aurion Touring SE has a recommended retail price of $34,990.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/6934/2008-toyo...pecial-edition/

I thought Touring is only manufactured in 2007? the dealer told me there is no 08 model. Tourings are all made in 07