7afe.. 20v engines

skep

Just dump the 7afe and put the 4age 20v in. I'm quite sure it bolts straight in as long as you get an AE101 20v front cut or engine etc.

but isnt it easier and cheeper to just swap heads???

and also the 4age 20v is a 1.6L isnt it? me putting a 20v head on the 7afe would make it a 1.8L 20v right? giving me more power than a 4age 20v?

correct me if im wrong please as it would help me with my project.. im very confused lol

Actually not sure to tell the truth but i would think it would be just easy to pull one engine out and put another in. Best person to answer your question is rollamods he will know, or go to www.twincam.org and ask them they deal with older model corolla engines mainly. But i have heard of people making 7ages, but i can't imagine this being an easy job.

7afe with a 20v head and quad throttles is an awesome lil conversion to do if u can get ur hands on all the necessary parts,

you also need to use a timing belt from a mid 90's porsche 994 1986 model or something like that thaers plenty of things u need to do in order to get it going, i have a 4age 20v in my ae101 they are straight bolt in with minimum fuss, but a 7age would be awesome to see

it would also need a stand alone engine management system to make it run propperly i dont see the 20v ecu as being up to task on it and just whacking a 20v head on the 7a could end up just as exspensive if not more by all means go for it if you want to though itd be a good progect

What you would have to do is, have both engines on engines stans, strip the 20v engien and 7afe engine, replace the 20v block with the 7a block, bolt all the 20v's accessorys to it, block the head on and use the 20v pistons on the 7a rods, then fiddle with the waterpump outlet housing and a few other things then run the 20v wirign harness and re wire the car to suit, pretty big for the gained results.

Hi there guys.. i've got a ae101r with the 7afe engine.

Unless there has been an engine swap, you have an AE102r, not a 101r. There is a difference.

you also need to use a timing belt from a mid 90's porsche 994 1986 model or something like that

20V 7AGEs use the standard 4AGE 16V timing belt. 16V 7AGEs use the Porsche belt

Unless there has been an engine swap, you have an AE102r, not a 101r. There is a difference.

you also need to use a timing belt from a mid 90's porsche 994 1986 model or something like that

whats the difference????? i always thought my car was a ae101r???? 1997 corolla seca rv?

also wat does the "r" stand for in ae101r and ae102r ...?

whats the difference????? i always thought my car was a ae101r???? 1997 corolla seca rv?

also wat does the "r" stand for in ae101r and ae102r ...?

The 1.6L models (ie 4AFE CSi) are AE101r. The 1.8L models (ie Conquest, Ultima, RV etc) are AE102r.

Not positive, but I think that the r stands for right-hand drive. Most Toyota models made in Australia carry the r on the end of the name, but its generally left off from the imports. Could be because Australia manufactures cars for export to countries with LHD (such as the Middle East, where most taxis are Aus-built Camrys)