Exhaust system

Soloman

of course that's true, and it's a risk! But the emission standard that car manufacteres need to meet for new factory cars are higher than the on road requirements of a car.

anyway, the fine for having no cat is hefty your right... lucky i have two cats.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats good that you notice improvement, Though im selling the car in a years time im going to avoid putting on an exhaust.

What I would like to know is what is the stock fwkw and power/torque curves compared to with having an exhaust done.

Thats good that you notice improvement, Though im selling the car in a years time im going to avoid putting on an exhaust.

What I would like to know is what is the stock fwkw and power/torque curves compared to with having an exhaust done.

How come your selling your car in a years time? :o

looking for a differnt car?

How come your selling your car in a years time? :o

looking for a differnt car?

A house, thought the Aurion was going to be an A to Ber but getting fond of it whilst having it, but I gotta stick to my plans!!! Grrrr

Here guys, this is what it sounds like now!

The first link, is what it sounds like...

the second link is a clip of when the varex is closed and open, i'm sure you'll be able to tell when it's closed or open!

Edited by Darius

haha, sounds sweet at high revs,

good thing is that you can close it off....

If you want power gain, you need to do more than the exhaust, because there are a few pretty damn restrictive parts on the aurion...

if you guys want more details, and anyone in melb wants to know the best deal to get it done, just pm me!

haha, sounds sweet at high revs,

good thing is that you can close it off....

If you want power gain, you need to do more than the exhaust, because there are a few pretty damn restrictive parts on the aurion...

if you guys want more details, and anyone in melb wants to know the best deal to get it done, just pm me!

Also remember you might be just shifting the power curve steeper, i would advise anyone who is looking at improving their 'day2day usable' power to get it dynoed first and get recommendations from that. Otherwise you'll be revving higher on 6th gear to maintain speed on a freeway cruise cause your lowband has been sacrificed.

of course that's true, and it's a risk! But the emission standard that car manufacteres need to meet for new factory cars are higher than the on road requirements of a car.

anyway, the fine for having no cat is hefty your right... lucky i have two cats.

When you're tested for emissions, you're compared to the ADR at the time your car was manufactured ... there's no difference between "factory cars" and "on-road requirements".

If you meet those requirements as-is, then good for you. But if you read too high, and they realise you have fewer cat's than the standard car, then I think they'll come down hard.

At the end of the day, its like breaking any law deliberately ... if you've made the decision to do it, then you can't whinge when you come unstuck! :-)

When you're tested for emissions, you're compared to the ADR at the time your car was manufactured ... there's no difference between "factory cars" and "on-road requirements".

If you meet those requirements as-is, then good for you. But if you read too high, and they realise you have fewer cat's than the standard car, then I think they'll come down hard.

At the end of the day, its like breaking any law deliberately ... if you've made the decision to do it, then you can't whinge when you come unstuck! :-)

2 words, Holy Shxt!

If this is true, i am pretty sure darius u HAVE to arrange meeting with a mech ASAP. OR fark that mech of yours!

yeah... I just chucked the cat back on, kept the resonator off...

sounds the same, but you can feel the drop in power =(

I'm going to leave the cat on untill i can get emission levels tested with it off...

• 6 months later...
Did anyone ever do anything about the section thats restricted down to 1"?

Are you referring to this piece of design excellence:

dscn2131xj1.th.jpg

If so, I don't think anyone has yet eh. I'm thinking, it probably wouldn't be worth all the effort unless you have a complete system done for it (eg. dual pipes to the rear).

Giving life to an old thread.......

Ringing up next week to get my car booked it to put a propper 2-1 on...you would think that it would make a differance...but i thought that about my mufflers too <_<

Are you referring to this piece of design excellence:

dscn2131xj1.th.jpg

If so, I don't think anyone has yet eh. I'm thinking, it probably wouldn't be worth all the effort unless you have a complete system done for it (eg. dual pipes to the rear).

Yep that one, I figured as much.

Im looking around at the moment to see if the Lexus GS range has cat backs or anything else similar that we can bolt on with slight changes. So far though all I have found seem to be leaning to the right side more due to being RWD.

Ill keep looking.

i'm still trying to find an exhaust shop that is willing to go the extra mile and think outta the box with what i want to do with the exhaust system... no luck yet... but once i find a place and get the work done, i'll post up the results... :)

• 4 years later...

I just saw a black aurion 2010 Sr with silver chrome rims body kits With quad-exhaust in the city last night

Lol aurion with quad exhaust what you trying to get more power .? Or just the look?