The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

that is gay next minute RIMS are going to be illegal :P... how about a bonnet protector :P jks lol

How about thinking with your head for a second to realise that tinting head and/or tail lights reduces the light transmission and therefore affecting the ADR's.

i dont know if this is a stupid question but i want to know IS IT ILLEGAL IN NSW to TINT tail lights and HEAD lights???

Yes, it is illegal in all states unless you do it properly through a dealership using a method like this -

http://www.ultratint.com.au/crystalite.htm

How do they find out on how we did it? I see few cars every weekend with tinted lights and stuff next to police cars and they didnt get pull-over...

And can you please support with the document that exactly says this for NSW? Tried to find this but no luck.

that is gay next minute RIMS are going to be illegal :P... how about a bonnet protector :P jks lol

How about thinking with your head for a second to realise that tinting head and/or tail lights reduces the light transmission and therefore affecting the ADR's.

heheh you do have a point, but because of 8000k HID's it will minimize it to ADR ;) lol :P

heheh and this looks mad=D...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!
Edited by Toyo Assassin

Just wondering if i can change the title of my members ride post from (New pics of my Aurion) to something different or am i stuck with it?

Thanks Lee :)

go to the orginal post and edit it =] im quite sure thats how you do it..

Thanks bud...worked a treat. :)

My stupid question time again. Now before I ask it, I don't need the whole speeding talk, that's not what I'm here for. I'm only here to ask a question and hope someone can provide some assistance.

Okay... so with police LIDAR, what exactly do they try to aim at on your car when trying to read your speed?

On two occasions over the last couple of weeks (one being just earlier today), I have approached a speed trap set up in a 60 zone at between 80-85km/h on my speedo (GPS said about 80km/h). Just for reference, the first occasion was at the bottom of a hill and I didn't bother to use my brakes, and the second occasion was on a highway where the speed limit is usually 100km/h but has been reduced to 60km/h due to 'roadwork' which is far from the highway making the speed limit pointless.

Anyways, on the first occasion it was three cops in the same spot all with their LIDAR's out and the one today was with one cop. On both these occasions, by the time I could see them (at about 100-150 metres due to visibility conditions) I've hit the brakes to slow down gradually but quickly to the speed limit and did not get pulled over. I'm sure that by the time that I reacted, the speed of the LIDAR would mean that they could have gotten a speed reading right?

Obviously this could have been by sheer luck that they weren't targeting my car but it just seems hard to imagine because I was in their direct line of sight.

So as asked, does anyone know what they try to aim at firstly and is there anything in particular may have made it harder for them to lock onto my car? Or could they have just had a bad aim.

My stupid question time again. Now before I ask it, I don't need the whole speeding talk, that's not what I'm here for. I'm only here to ask a question and hope someone can provide some assistance.

Okay... so with police LIDAR, what exactly do they try to aim at on your car when trying to read your speed?

On two occasions over the last couple of weeks (one being just earlier today), I have approached a speed trap set up in a 60 zone at between 80-85km/h on my speedo (GPS said about 80km/h). Just for reference, the first occasion was at the bottom of a hill and I didn't bother to use my brakes, and the second occasion was on a highway where the speed limit is usually 100km/h but has been reduced to 60km/h due to 'roadwork' which is far from the highway making the speed limit pointless.

Anyways, on the first occasion it was three cops in the same spot all with their LIDAR's out and the one today was with one cop. On both these occasions, by the time I could see them (at about 100-150 metres due to visibility conditions) I've hit the brakes to slow down gradually but quickly to the speed limit and did not get pulled over. I'm sure that by the time that I reacted, the speed of the LIDAR would mean that they could have gotten a speed reading right?

Obviously this could have been by sheer luck that they weren't targeting my car but it just seems hard to imagine because I was in their direct line of sight.

So as asked, does anyone know what they try to aim at firstly and is there anything in particular may have made it harder for them to lock onto my car? Or could they have just had a bad aim.

Im sure they aim at the front bumper, im sure if they aimed any higher the signal may bounce of yor windsceen, looks like either you were very lucky or he needs to go back to gun school.

For those of you with Foxtel have you seen the show Street Racing on the Discovery Turbo channel :o ....this show is ridiculous and i can't see how they are allowed to air it.Don't get me wrong i love watching cars drag race but theres a time and a place,or am i just getting old and cranky?

Yet another stupid question from me.

I keep hearing about a port and polish etc and how it can possibly give gains depending on the situation. I was just curious, is it worth doing something like that to the Aurion? It looks a bit rough in there, but that's just how I see it:

dsc05610q.jpg

port + polish will give gains in an NA engine due to allowing more air (porting, removing any restrictions you can from the intake/exhaust ports) and polishing (reducing the drag inside of the ports due to the much smoother surface)

port + polish will give gains in an NA engine due to allowing more air (porting, removing any restrictions you can from the intake/exhaust ports) and polishing (reducing the drag inside of the ports due to the much smoother surface)

I probably should have been more specific. I'm aware of what those two are (thanks for explaining though), but from the looks of my intake, do you think it would be worth trying in the first place? Or it is something that needs to have something supporting it to get something measurable.

If you do get a port and polish always get a before and after flow test done. You need to know if the changes were in the right direction, otherwise it's useless. Typically R&D needs to be done on a couple items before they work out how to get the best gains.

If you do get a port and polish always get a before and after flow test done. You need to know if the changes were in the right direction, otherwise it's useless. Typically R&D needs to be done on a couple items before they work out how to get the best gains.

this.

looking at your ports daryl, they are pretty rough... but as dave said, a bit of R&D would need to be done first... maybe find someone on TN who has done it to a 2GR before?

My stupid question...do coilovers settle like springs do?

If they are brand new, they wil require sometime before they "settle". Like mine felt softer on the same setting after a couple hundred KMs going through the same speed bumps on way to work.

From what i have experienced with mine, only marginally slightly.

Evo

2nds ???

If they haven't been scragged they settle.

But what usually occurs is most cars have reactive camber. So when new suspension goes on and the car is put back on the ground, the friction from the tyres against the ground prevents the whole suspension from settling down. Move the car back and forwards and few times (or drive around the block) and you'll find the suspension will settle ;) Never measure the height without removing this extra friction first (hopefully that makes sense).

Thanks Evan & Guni. :)

Hey SD is scragging where they put extra load on the completed spring,i've heard or read somewhere they load em up more than you would prolly use in day to day driving,am i on the right track?

and what does shot peening do other than extend life?

Cheers Lee :)

Shot peening is surface hardening.

Cool ....

For what purpose again ???

It's basically cold working the surface layer to create a very thin layer whenre the metal has built up stresses. This extra strength in the surface helps to avoid fatigue failure if the spring has a stress raiser in it (a small nick for example).

I couldn't find the Thread that was created for this Question. Mainly because the search engine sucks d!ck. And i also didn't want my head to get chewed off for creating a redundant thread. And this question is sort of silly, SO:

I have a 2008 Aurion and just recently decided to use the Castrol Edge Sport 10w-60 Oil for it. Now from what i gathered so far this is supposed to be THE thickest oil out there. And funny thing whenever i do a search for it on Google it's always associated with Super Cars and sh!t. One article states that "it's even appropriate for Racing Cars" after saying that it's designed for high performance cars and stuff.

Now i know this oil is mostly used by BMW for their vehicles. My question is: Is it safe to use it with a Toyota?

Is it dangerous for my Engine? I haven't found ONE article online about somebody using this on a Toyota for some reason. I'm sort of worried that it might damage my engine because it's not designed for it.