2007 new shape corolla spark plug change

chopin2

the Haltech's can't do dual VVTi.

Currently Motec is the only option for dual VVTi and DBW.

LOL and there's the magical 5k limit broken already... sounds good to me.

Oh and yeah... i changed my sparkplugs... my 0-100 went from 7.5 to 6.5

Dead serious. Timed off the second hand on my watch, while driving

LOL and there's the magical 5k limit broken already... sounds good to me.

Oh and yeah... i changed my sparkplugs... my 0-100 went from 7.5 to 6.5

Dead serious. Timed off the second hand on my watch, while driving

waoh...have you done these sort of exercise befroe....1 sec off....you must be using nitrous spark plug :yahoo:

I am still to figure out my plug on the weekend..i might use a smaller size plug socket...

Im going to give u some advice and u can accept it or not ... its up to u ... as jason (rollamods) has given u a wealth of advice .....

Now i've looked into a dual vvti ecu already and have come up with nothing so taking jason's advice that the motec is ur only option that leaves u with little change from $5K

$5K budget minus $2800 for the ecu (motec m400 - http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/category27_1.htm)

leaves u with $2200K

Now u also need to buy the drive by wire add-on and the vvti add-on

the dbw for the motec is approx $550 (250 pounds http://www.m-cal.com/Products/MC31-324112/...-Drive-by-Wire)

the vvti controller is approx $550 (250 pounds http://www.m-cal.com/Products/MC31-324116/...mshaft-Control)

that leaves u with $1100

and all you have bought is the ecu ..... nothing else ..... so all im gonna say is trust me .... u'll need more than $5K

and if ur mechanic tells u that the stock ecu will be fine then u need a new mechanic

here some reading for u on the motec

http://www.motec.com.au/pdf/MoTeC_Catalog.pdf

page 10 & 11 have everything u need to begin with

24112 DRIVE BY WIRE(by application to MoTeC only)

• Drive by Wire technology uses an electronic throttle instead of the traditional mechanical system,

interpreting pedal input from the driver via sensors while controlling a throttle actuator. The M400 caters for

this high-tech function, employing sophisticated software and hardware that is compatible with most OEM

Drive by Wire units.

24116 VARIABLE CAMSHAFT CONTROL

• The M400 provides the capability to control fully variable camshaft timing using factory trigger wheels and

sensors. Each cam can be independently adjusted in 0.5 degree increments based on RPM and load. This

allows users to optimise engine tuning across a wide range of operating conditions to achieve better high

end performance and low speed torque. Other benefits include enhanced idle, fuel economy and emissions

control.

thank guys.

My orginal plan is to use a complete afetr market computer. The moltec is NICE....but expensive... I have spoken to haltec. They are releasing a new e8 for corrola...but I just have to wait.

The good news came on the weekend was, I managed to see what spark plug socket to use..the dame Toyota is using 6/19 away from 16mm standard type. The plug they useing ALREADy iridium -denso sc20..... So now I know.

At Peps, a new t40 turbo and t70 made in japan by TTI? 299$ and 399$ respectively....thas a bargain. I might find out how much is for t25 or t28 today...

Thanks guys.

Edited by chopin2

You can wait on haltech's if you wish but.....................I'm skeptical on those companies and their release dates.

Have you checked out the room next to the firewall where you'll be putting your exhaust manifold and turbo??

I looked at my friends yaris engine bay last time........I think S/C is the only way, their is pretty much no room near the firewall

I'm now looking at the Garrett GT2871r, same as Xoom's one or the GT2560r. Have to check the efficiency for my application though.

You can wait on haltech's if you wish but.....................I'm skeptical on those companies and their release dates.

Have you checked out the room next to the firewall where you'll be putting your exhaust manifold and turbo??

I looked at my friends yaris engine bay last time........I think S/C is the only way, their is pretty much no room near the firewall

I'm now looking at the Garrett GT2871r, same as Xoom's one or the GT2560r. Have to check the efficiency for my application though.

u might also want to work out what ur trying to do mate as those 2 turbo selections are driving towards 2 different type of reactions from the turbo and different applications.

i mean even in the GT2871R there are 5 different applications each with different bits and pieces and in the GT2560R there are 4 different streams of turbo's available

what are you trying to achieve and what supporting mods will u have ? if ur not going to build ur engine then im going to say the 2871 is not the right setup for u. single digit boost figures have the 2871 out of its efficiency range. A 28RS might be more in ur ball park ...... the 2560's look like they would spool mega quick but not to sure if it will totally run out of puff up top .... didnt really look into their efficiency graphs .....

So, if I do have open upthe rocket cover, should I repalce the new gasket?

Help???

tahnks

wo, wo, wo up for a second people...

You've got rockets in your engine?

WTF do you need a turbo for if you got rockets in your engine.

u might also want to work out what ur trying to do mate as those 2 turbo selections are driving towards 2 different type of reactions from the turbo and different applications.

i mean even in the GT2871R there are 5 different applications each with different bits and pieces and in the GT2560R there are 4 different streams of turbo's available

what are you trying to achieve and what supporting mods will u have ? if ur not going to build ur engine then im going to say the 2871 is not the right setup for u. single digit boost figures have the 2871 out of its efficiency range. A 28RS might be more in ur ball park ...... the 2560's look like they would spool mega quick but not to sure if it will totally run out of puff up top .... didnt really look into their efficiency graphs .....

Thats why I'm looking at the graphs today, I only had a small peak yesterday and did some calculations. Need to re check them and then look at the graphs and make sure that I stay in the efficiency range of the graphs.

I'm trying to look for a turbo that runs efficient enough at 8psi and maybe give me head room for future increases once the engine decides to fail on me :whistling: