Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

If it's boring you're not driving hard enough :lol:

Hard enough to have brake fade with DS2500 pads ;) which was lucky as that was about the limit of my ability anyway.

I can hardly recommend n00bs go to Lakeside with no run off and the highest average lap speed of any track in Australia.
Agreed. I haven't been on Lakeside since it was done up but from all accounts, it is a bit more forgiving than when we used to play on it in the 90's.

I just get bored going round and round and round the same way on the same track all the time, that's one of the reasons why I like the challenge of rallying. The chance to drive flat out on different roads that you have never driven on before, having to read the road conditions and adjust your driving accordingly, and having to listen to your navigator at the same time as well (which is harder than you think).

Different strokes for different folks. :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All credit to Ro and his peashooteR Colt, he got me on the second run 100%.

The first run, that makes sense if you were off boost, as we were side by side all the way to whatever speed i change for third. that said, i don't have the pleasure of boost, I have to wait to 6000rpm.

regardless, the colt got some serious mumbo, and the stivo, we'll it will eat lesser modded colts for breakfast.

I think ro' has realised the error of his ways and should have bought a stivo,

We all know if he did, it would be the fastest, best looking one at the meets, so maybe i'm glad he didn't.

whitestivo

I haven't been on Lakeside since it was done up but from all accounts, it is a bit more forgiving than when we used to play on it in the 90's.

I have also been on the original surface and it had much more character and required the exact line, not the current 'there abouts' line the new surface allows.

I have also been on the original surface and it had much more character and required the exact line, not the current 'there abouts' line the new surface allows.

Awwww That takes all the fun out of it. I remember how important it was to hit the apex at the kink, if you were more than a metre wide, you were in for an interesting time. Please tell me the next double apex corner is still tricky to get right? :(

Awwww That takes all the fun out of it. I remember how important it was to hit the apex at the kink, if you were more than a metre wide, you were in for an interesting time. Please tell me the next double apex corner is still tricky to get right? :(

Karosel is about the same, I don't really find it all that tricky; the apex under the bridge is slightly harder to see now that the surface is all the same and there are no longer little markers (resurfacing patches) on the surface to guide you to the apex.

Out of curiosity, what car, specs and lap times were the go in the 90's? The new surface and layout change, from what I have found, is about 1s faster.

I'm definitely there. Judst confirmed flight for 5:15pm so more than enough time to make it. Anyone want anything from Sydney? I've finished my work here so have a bit of time to blow with unlimited k's on the rental car.

I'm definitely there. Judst confirmed flight for 5:15pm so more than enough time to make it. Anyone want anything from Sydney? I've finished my work here so have a bit of time to blow with unlimited k's on the rental car.

hookers and blow?

Further to my previous mention of a grass motorkhana on 6th March, if anyone does want to come and have some fun, you can download the entry form and Supp Regs from here: http://www.ndscc.asn.au/index.php?p=2_1.

If you have any question, shoot me an email or pm or join up on the NDSCC forum and ask away.

Or even if you don't want to compete, you are welcome to come up and watch or jump in people's cars and go for a ride (for free).

Cheers,

Rob.

guni, what the hell i didnt know u where back :unsure: ...when are u back again give me the date man hehe and u can take it for a strap. i was out last week where were u haha?

nate, sorry i couldnt come out man and take photos

Me and the missus are up on the sunshine coast ATM, so we'll be coming along to the meet if there are no problems with that... Keen to meet up with our QLD squad.

QLD is the place to be if you have an Aurion... unlike the Sydney squad that seems to be focussed around ZRE's :P

If you are coming from the Sunny Coast, just be aware not to expect too much. Our meets are nice and simple and can sometimes end up having only a few people turn up. It's just that the drive is a little on the long side and the meet might not leave you satisfied. Who would drive such a distance just for a meet :ph34r: .

Me and the missus are up on the sunshine coast ATM, so we'll be coming along to the meet if there are no problems with that... Keen to meet up with our QLD squad.

QLD is the place to be if you have an Aurion... unlike the Sydney squad that seems to be focussed around ZRE's :P

If you are coming from the Sunny Coast, just be aware not to expect too much. Our meets are nice and simple and can sometimes end up having only a few people turn up. It's just that the drive is a little on the long side and the meet might not leave you satisfied. Who would drive such a distance just for a meet :ph34r: .

Not a problem mate... I'll be there...

Evo7 kinda does that distance... and all that seems to happen is that he gets ragged! :blink:

Evo7 kinda does that distance...

My statement was more of a joke. I've turned up to two Sydney meets, once having to drive from Canberra, the other having to drive from the Hunter Valley. I'm that dedicated :lol:.

Evo7 kinda does that distance...

My statement was more of a joke. I've turned up to two Sydney meets, once having to drive from Canberra, the other having to drive from the Hunter Valley. I'm that dedicated :lol:.

Dedicated... crazy.

Same difference, right?