Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For everyone's info, there is a MEA Event (Mobile Electronics Australia) held at Northfield Capalaba this Sat from 4.30pm -7pm (I think). There will be an audio competition going on and also Northfield will be having a sale in their store so whoever is interested, head there on Saturday (23/05) and who knows you may pick up a bargain for car audios.. I'll be there with El and there will be a wide variety of cars there as well.. If y'all have nothing better to do on that day then I'll catch you guys there on Sat.. ;)

i really regret not having internet now. could have spent my money on a new head unit and amp but spent it on a new tv... oh well what ya gonna do. and guess who saw elegent doing a bad thing infront of my house when i was doing 360s in a dingo hehe. i might turn up if i get out of work that is.

^^ hahaha talking ont he phone whilst the car was in motion...yes i no. i see your car everyday but never u driving it, should come out for a run some time

rain ftl... I am guessing the train tomorrow boys and girls?

Hmmm, I dunno :P

I think I will say that I'm 99% sure it will be the train tomorrow. Man this rain just keeps on going and even getting heavier. Drove past the PA and half their length of temporary fencing around the construction works got knocked over.

BTW Mick: Called up the hotel we are staying at. All is confirmed.

Edit: I retract my previous statement.

rain ftl... I am guessing the train tomorrow boys and girls?

Hmmm, I dunno :P

I think I will say that I'm 99% sure it will be the train tomorrow. Man this rain just keeps on going and even getting heavier. Drove past the PA and half their length of temporary fencing around the construction works got knocked over.

BTW Mick: Called up the hotel we are staying at. All is confirmed.

winnar!

Yeah, sucks about the rain, i just got soaked when i went to get my lunch :(

Will see y'all at the train tomorrow then :)

well the bruce hwy outbound has been shut off cause its flooded... and my back yard is about 1inch under water... :(

not looking forward to the drive home... its gonna take like 6hrs... :(

well the bruce hwy outbound has been shut off cause its flooded... and my back yard is about 1inch under water... :(

not looking forward to the drive home... its gonna take like 6hrs... :(

well that sucks.

Aparantly 1/2 of the ipswich line is under water, so I am not looking forward to my commute either.

Water has subsided in my back yard back to a healthy 5" or so with a fast flowing stream running along my back fence. My new dog which is only a puppy thought it would be great to play in the water and the mud so first job this arvo was wash one wet and dirty dog who was quite cold LOL.

oh well.. its one of those days when Mother Nature decides to make us think about complaining on how dry QLD is.. blah blah blah.. lol.. Guys drive safe.. Its horrendous out there on the roads.. :)

I will be there. Just picked up the car today and had some fun around deserted wet roads and roundabouts. Pardon my French, but f***ing hell. I didn't get a chance to test the car fully before purchase due to an overprotective salesman next to me. Now that it's in my hands, I've been prodding the car a bit (very carefully, mind you, I'm more than aware of the risks), and I am grinning like a bloody idiot. And this is in the wet - I can't imagine how it will feel like in the dry. It just defies comprehension how they've managed to bend the rules of physics. Set the appropriate traction level for the wet road, tune down ASC, toss it into the turn and catch it as the tail slips out and hold it there....makes a n00b driver like me look good

See you all tomorrow. Hopefully if the weather permits (i.e. it's not belting down but just a light shower), there will be some free joyrides! Just so you all know, I'm still a big Toyota fan!

Edited by Supercharged TRD

Aparantly 1/2 of the ipswich line is under water, so I am not looking forward to my commute either.

Just wait for any delays the wash outs are going to cause ;) The good news is they can fix them pretty quickly.

I will be there. Just picked up the car today and had some fun around deserted wet roads and roundabouts. Pardon my French, but f***ing hell. I didn't get a chance to test the car fully before purchase due to an overprotective salesman next to me. Now that it's in my hands, I've been prodding the car a bit (very carefully, mind you, I'm more than aware of the risks), and I am grinning like a bloody idiot. And this is in the wet - I can't imagine how it will feel like in the dry. It just defies comprehension how they've managed to bend the rules of physics. Set the appropriate traction level for the wet road, tune down ASC, toss it into the turn and catch it as the tail slips out and hold it there....makes a n00b driver like me look good

See you all tomorrow. Hopefully if the weather permits (i.e. it's not belting down but just a light shower), there will be some free joyrides! Just so you all know, I'm still a big Toyota fan!

ohhh ohhh i wants a joyride!

ohhh ohhh i wants a joyride!

+ 1.

We need to start up an order... starting with me, LOL.

sif. i called it first :P

I tink i'll be out tonite.. looks like the weather is clearing up a lil'. Will it still be at the train station???

looks like we will be at the loop if the weather holds up.

come on peep's...loop or train?

We are going to the LOOP tonite.

unless of course it starts raining hardcore between now and 8... if it does, train.

come on peep's...loop or train?

We are going to the LOOP tonite.

unless of course it starts raining hardcore between now and 8... if it does, train.

OK!