Aurion TRD

wishbone

there's a guy here, but i cant remember his nickname....just search the all the Aurion Posts.... LOL (sorry not much of a help here)

A friend of mine was able to get a hold of an Aurion TRD. We went for a spin just a few days back.

Very impressed with the car! There's no lag in acceleration. It really goes. You do get some torgue steer though. The ride is suprisingly good and it corners a lot better than your standard Aurion. The seats offer great support, especially during cornering. I'm not sure about the red colour trim though. The spoiler may not be as aggresive as some might want.

Whether it justifies the extra 20k over the Sportivos you will have to decide.

Drove into the work car park on Monday to see a nice red TRD Aurion in there and parked next to it. Tracked down who owns it so will be pestering him soon to get a ride.

Only thing is I start holidays today so it will have to wait a month. He traded in an SS Commodore for it and said he likes it much better then he ever liked the commodore.

And made it AWD.

It would simply cost to much to do this. It's only a small line, so they can't do it.

IMO if they thought outside the square and released the TRD as an AWD it wouldn't be a small line as you say.I reckon they would sell alot more of this version but we will never know. I think some people are a bit scared of driving a car with 241KW going through the front wheels only. Me personally I have no dramas with it as I don't drive like a tool, but there are purists out there that would be reluctant to spend the $60k on a car with that performance that doesn't have AWD. Does look like a beast of a car though. I really think it is one of the better looking cars I have seen, the TRD just looks like pure evil. Even having a plain SX6 you can see people cheking it out when i park it and they walk past. *** knows how those of you out there with the tricked out version have had to explain what it is, I would definetly like to give one a drive..........

Drove into the work car park on Monday to see a nice red TRD Aurion in there and parked next to it. Tracked down who owns it so will be pestering him soon to get a ride.

Only thing is I start holidays today so it will have to wait a month. He traded in an SS Commodore for it and said he likes it much better then he ever liked the commodore.

Well IMO its kinda a wrong comparo, TRD would be the HSV equivilent, so on a price level it should be compared to a Clubsport R8 in the 60K price category.

In that case I would take the R8...

Well IMO its kinda a wrong comparo, TRD would be the HSV equivilent, so on a price level it should be compared to a Clubsport R8 in the 60K price category.

In that case I would take the R8...

i would too if compared to the r8 but if the aurion was awd, trd all the way.

• 4 weeks later...

considering knowns posted here...soo i decided tht i should take away this threads virginity :P ...newyz soo ne1 here got a TRD Aurion or ever driven one...or even a Toyota Rally for tht matter?? let us know!! hit us up with a reply!

i see them at work cuz i make them :toast:

oh you work where they chuck turbos for sti's etc YEH? i forgot whats it called, must be fun though :/

ok.. what u on about man?? lool i work at toyota build the aurion v6 engines and dress them up then they get sent off to the trd area which is UNKOWN oooOOOO yerh then they come out very nice >_< like 1 a month

Seen my first TRD Aurion yesterday, the Po-Po have a red one up here as a highway patrol, my *** i wanted to pull him over and ask him a few questions!!!!!!!!hahaha!!!!!!!

Have also seen a blue SX6 getting around as an unmarked joey, very very sneaky. I have seen about 6 since I got mine a month ago, there is a white one around the corner, I must say that white on the Aurion looks sensational, the body kit stands out and bit better than my black where it all sort of just blends in with each other, if I had my time over again I would get either white or gold.