springs for corolla

hotboxcivic

sean..my bday is 8th of july :P i`ll be waiting ey

party for us all to go to? TOCAU party anyone? u gotta invite us..

lets face it, TOCA party = sausage fest.... <_<

haha no offence to caity i guess.. but its true i guess.. <_< maybe TOCAU plus jeremy's friends :spiteful:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke to Mao about getting Kings and Konis and he said I'd be better of finding the Koni's on the interweb myself cause the ones here in Aus are over priced. So I'm going to get the Koni's and wait patiently for him to get back from Japan - he'll still do the deal for me to :toast:

Edited by Seano

Just spoke to Mao about getting Kings and Konis and he said I'd be better of finding the Koni's on the interweb myself cause the ones here in Aus are over priced. So I'm going to get the Koni's and wait patiently for him to get back from Japan - he'll still do the deal for me to :toast:

Pays to shop around mate. I've seen koni's vary in price by about 30-60 each from shop to shop. I can also get them a lot cheaper than RRP if you're interested. PM me for more info.

Pays to shop around mate. I've seen koni's vary in price by about 30-60 each from shop to shop. I can also get them a lot cheaper than RRP if you're interested. PM me for more info.

SILVABULLIT..how much can u get koni`s adjustable ? :D

and these with king springs should give a better combo than coilovers of the same price?

suppose what ur priorities are :) comfort + handling vs hardcore handling?

and these with king springs should give a better combo than coilovers of the same price?

suppose what ur priorities are :) comfort + handling vs hardcore handling?

comfortable at most times, with the ability to handle better than stock

would it be able to handle nicely if it was set on the max stiffness?

coilovers you buy for that price are cheap junk. they look flash but all they have as far as adjustmens go is raising or lowering the car. Most of them don't have dampener adjustment and you have to use your stock top mounts.

Koni's are adjustable and will last a lot longer and will make your car handle every bit as good as a cheap set of coilovers.

Northy had Cusco's in his Sportivo and I could keep up with him in my Sportivo with Kings and koni's in the twisties.

• 4 weeks later...

hey hey,

apologies to bring this thread back up, but im also interested in lowering my 'rolla ..

Would it be possible for you guys to post pics of your ride heights, i too am on stock wheels

p.s

anyone from Syd know of places that'll do a similar deal, ie king springs group buy

cheers

yURI

• 1 month later...
hey hey,

apologies to bring this thread back up, but im also interested in lowering my 'rolla ..

Would it be possible for you guys to post pics of your ride heights, i too am on stock wheels

p.s

anyone from Syd know of places that'll do a similar deal, ie king springs group buy

cheers

yURI

good luck with a King springs group buy. I tried it with my supplier and Kings will not budge on their price to wholesalers no matter how big the volume.

Kings lows - 35mm drop

Kings Super lows - 50 mm drop

Search the registry and look at azza'a car (Kings lows all round). Think his pics now have it with the 17's he had on it but you will get the idea.

coilovers you buy for that price are cheap junk. they look flash but all they have as far as adjustmens go is raising or lowering the car. Most of them don't have dampener adjustment and you have to use your stock top mounts.

Agreed. Coilovers give the ability of adjustment. But you need to ask yourself, how often am I going to adjust the height? or the camber? If the car is for the road it is unlikely you'll need more camber adjustment than what the camber bolts will give.

Koni make one of the best struts on the market, so you are buying quality.

I've got the Espilir springs - ordered from Japan.. it's 40 mm drop from Stock, but in Russia Auris has a ROOF ROAD SPEC springs - so my rear side dropped about 60 mm from what i had...

Photos in 'Members Rides' thread - just compare what was.. and how it's now..

Now there's about 4 cm from tyre to the rear arch metal - it's not loaded car..

The lowerest springs for Corolla 07-08 i've found - it's Tanabe DF210 - just in same price in Japan, but they were able only from March, I've orderd in January...

• 4 weeks later...

Kings have lows for them but not 100% sure about whiteline. Will find out though. any reason for wanting whiteline?? softer ride perhaps than Kings.

• 1 month later...

i would prefer whiteline because of word of mouth. i had a friend who decked this RS impreza out with whiteline and it was awesome.

man i really want to lower my car.. anyone found any cheap stuff?