Advice

Simo

got my car booked in for the exhaust to be done next week, and ol matey keeps telling me that going up to 2.5" is a bad idea because N/A cars need some back pressure.

After reading around on here and bill telling me that 2.5" is the business I thought I should just double check on wether to stay at 2.25" or tell ol matey to suck me doodle and put in 2.5"

opinions???

Simo

got my car booked in for the exhaust to be done next week, and ol matey keeps telling me that going up to 2.5" is a bad idea because N/A cars need some back pressure.

After reading around on here and bill telling me that 2.5" is the business I thought I should just double check on wether to stay at 2.25" or tell ol matey to suck me doodle and put in 2.5"

opinions???

Simo

Bill is right 2.5" is the Business and ol matey is a knob.

I believe liverpool exhaust have done heaps of sportivos and have even produced extractors/headers i think, so i bet they would most likely say 2.5" as they are pretty good at what they do..or so their reputation seems anyway

I believe liverpool exhaust have done heaps of sportivos and have even produced extractors/headers i think, so i bet they would most likely say 2.5" as they are pretty good at what they do..or so their reputation seems anyway

first I've heard about them doing headers for a 2ZZ????

Maybe the cheapo crappy things for a 1ZZ but if they have let's see some pics or evidence. Be interesting to see....

Simo CES FTW :toast::toast:

yea ive talked to them before about this and was told 2.25 is the way to go.

I just had 2.5" catback with a S10 twinloop put in. No difference in power until 3.5kpm where it pulls and keeps pulling until you hit lift and it tells you that it was all worth it.

ill have what he's having lol!

so hows it sound? and whered you get it done?

I just had 2.5" catback with a S10 twinloop put in. No difference in power until 3.5kpm where it pulls and keeps pulling until you hit lift and it tells you that it was all worth it.

Im happy my twinloop went to a good home and that you are happy. :toast: :toast: :toast:

Not noisy at all, nice deep sound. Drones a little when I'm on the highway doing 105-110km. But since I take the M7 I'm usually at 100km/h. Generally if your cruising its almost like stock.

2.5" catback with a quite a big resonator. Only problem is that at around 4.5krpm my CES CAI completely drowns it out and takes over. So I'm happy that I still have my intake sound, as I think its more sexier!!

In the beginning I didn't like it because it appeared to be too loud in the cabin, but after about a week it became either quieter or I got use to it.

Not noisy at all, nice deep sound. Drones a little when I'm on the highway doing 105-110km. But since I take the M7 I'm usually at 100km/h. Generally if your cruising its almost like stock.

2.5" catback with a quite a big resonator. Only problem is that at around 4.5krpm my CES CAI completely drowns it out and takes over. So I'm happy that I still have my intake sound, as I think its more sexier!!

In the beginning I didn't like it because it appeared to be too loud in the cabin, but after about a week it became either quieter or I got use to it.

I think you just gave me a good enough reason to get the same setup on my exhaust system. Sounds arwsum

I'll get a youtube clip of my car with the revs. I think greyrolla has a youtube clip on the S10 already online. But I'll get mine up and see if the 2.5" makes any difference to the overall sound.

That would be the bees knees!

car is in getting it done now :toast:

we going 2.5" so thanks lads

The only thing is that they could only do a dump pipe because of the size of mufflers they have :(

but the rear skirt my uncle has for me should cover it up :D

Piping is piping. I doubt you'd have to get the CES system later on down the track. It's the same but more shiny (bar the muffler design).

Headers from them would be a good idea though.

I have the CES headers and if i was to do headers again i would not have got them. The headers are ported on the inlet side only, the collector section was supposedly cleaned up :whistling: . But when placed next to my stock ones, there was no differnece :angry: . You are mostly paying for the HPC coating. But having ported headers does make the car more drivable down low as described by many members.

If anyone is in sydney and wants their headers ported by a very reputable shop go see Westside Mufflers in padstow, located under JDMyard. He will port your headers both inlet and collector including taking them out and reinstalling for just under $400. I have had all my exhaust work done there and highly reccommend their work.

If anyone is in sydney and wants their headers ported by a very reputable shop go see Westside Mufflers in padstow, located under JDMyard. He will port your headers both inlet and collector including taking them out and reinstalling for just under $400. I have had all my exhaust work done there and highly reccommend their work.

Good to know, cheers brother.

WOW, What can I say, Powatone are ******en awesome :yahoo: downlow its pretty ******en loud but the higher you crawl up the rev range the quiter it gets untill the intake comes in :toast:

Lift seems to go on for ever with it too!!!

• 1 month later...