Couple of Tvo Questions

Hey all guys and girls, :yahoo:

Just a couple of questions regarding the 05 sportivo:

Ive been trying to find out what recalls have been done if any on this model but cant find anything.

I particularly wanted to know if the door seals were a problem for anyone or a recall issue, cause it seems like there is wind coming through the back door seals when highway driving!! - would this be a warranty thing???

The second is regarding the exhaust, im still very undecided and not real keen to spend big money just yet - like $800 plus for a remus!! Anyone have any experience or opinions on just putting a different tip on instead of the standard - im so over the poor noise it makes - i feel stupid revving it too high cause it sounds yuk!! Would like just a nice beafy sound - but not too loud just loud and tough when revving!!! (I tend to get aggressive on the road and rev out the gear changes when i get ****** off at people who cant drive - Opps, but im a girl im allowed :whistling:

Cheers in advance guys - any help would be greatly appreciated!!! ;)

Nat (aka TVO-141)

I particularly wanted to know if the door seals were a problem for anyone or a recall issue, cause it seems like there is wind coming through the back door seals when highway driving!! - would this be a warranty thing???

There wasn't a recall on them, but I have had mine done under warranty

The second is regarding the exhaust, im still very undecided and not real keen to spend big money just yet - like $800 plus for a remus!! Anyone have any experience or opinions on just putting a different tip on instead of the standard - im so over the poor noise it makes - i feel stupid revving it too high cause it sounds yuk!! Would like just a nice beafy sound - but not too loud just loud and tough when revving!!! (I tend to get aggressive on the road and rev out the gear changes when i get ****** off at people who cant drive - Opps, but im a girl im allowed :whistling:

Cheers in advance guys - any help would be greatly appreciated!!! ;)

Nat (aka TVO-141)

The letters CES come to mind :P

I noticed last week that the door seal on my rear left door frame has deteriorated very badly... and that door in particular hardly gets used.

It's got a nice split in it that I have pasted back together with a bit of insulation tape. I'll get good ole Yota to tend to it next service.

No wind noise tho.

Had both of my front door seal replaced under warranty. they kept moving on the door frame at the top and every time you opened the door they would catch on the front edge of the back doors. they replaced them no questions asked.

• 1 month later...
Hey all guys and girls, :yahoo:

Just a couple of questions regarding the 05 sportivo:

Ive been trying to find out what recalls have been done if any on this model but cant find anything.

I have the same problem with the door seals too, but i think my warranty just recently ran out. So my question is how much would toyota charge to replace the door seals if its not under warranty?

A CAI will give you more of performance boost then an exhaust and cost about half the price of a decent exhaust system. and it will definitely make people give you the 'WTF?!' look

I've seen better results from a 2.5 inch catback system compared to that of an intake. It's marginal though.

It does of course depend highly on the type of muffler you're running. I'd be doing my best to make sure the muffler is unrestrictive.

the TRD CAI certainly does give the WTF effect when u put ur foot down

It does. It pulls better in the high-cam range also. There is still that issue of the power dip prior to lift. That's where the catback can help.

Add some form of aftermarket standalone ecu to that equation and you have a potent setup.