Exhaust on the ZRE152R

Hi All,

I've put an exhaust on me car last month and.... its making a rattle noise at times when im stopping or when im driving...

I think it maybe that one of the middle stock mufflers was replaced by a hot dog pipe... I dont want to go back to that mechanic cuz he won't do anything about it.

He'll just tel me that the exhaust will shake alot (which is true)..... but it shouldnt make the noise. It'ts like its hitting something... :help:

So do you thkn I should see another mechanic for their advice?

If it was me I would take it straight back to the Mechanic and get it fixed.

I had the same problem with my Yaris but I couldn't be bothered to get it fixed. Only two months later I decided to take it back and they fixed it for free!!!

Wouldn't take that sh!t from the mechanic seeing as though as you didn't get what you paid for.

I had the same problem with my Yaris but I couldn't be bothered to get it fixed. Only two months later I decided to take it back and they fixed it for free!!!

Wouldn't take that sh!t from the mechanic seeing as though as you didn't get what you paid for.

Yeah if I were you I'd go back and make them fix it. Technically they're liable for anything that goes wrong with the part that they installed. So if they aren't willing to look at it then I believe they're in the worng.

Carline mufflers in Canningvale.

yeh ok I'll complain again. its just annoying... Lucky Jasseee bet you don't have this problem :P

Jaassee did they put a "hot dog" to replace the middel muffler on yours?

Nope. They took the cat converter and muffler out. It's a straight through piping all the way to the back finishing off with a Magnaflow Race Series Cannon.

yeh the exhaust sounds awsome! hes using a silencer tho but with out it is very loud.. :D

i think the noise is the pipe hiting against the heatshield, i know a few guys had the same prob with the zze12* models maybe stiffen up the mounts a bit if you dont want to go back there??

Yeah if I were you I'd go back and make them fix it. Technically they're liable for anything that goes wrong with the part that they installed. So if they aren't willing to look at it then I believe they're in the worng.

yeh ok I'll complain again. its just annoying... Lucky Jasseee bet you don't have this problem :P

Nope. They took the cat converter and muffler out. It's a straight through piping all the way to the back finishing off with a Magnaflow Race Series Cannon.

Hope you don't get pulled over ofr a road side inspection or emissions test cause you'll get the book thrown at you big time. your bank balance had better be very impressive cause the fine if huge.

Guys if enough interest is had from ZRE152 owners then CES may develop a cat back system for them same as they did for ZZE 122'3 models. So if you are interested then say so!!!

yeh the exhaust sounds awsome! hes using a silencer tho but with out it is very loud.. :D

i think the noise is the pipe hiting against the heatshield, i know a few guys had the same prob with the zze12* models maybe stiffen up the mounts a bit if you dont want to go back there??

hmmm i think Angelo is right.. So you think they should just tighten it? but anyways when I get the time I'm going to go back.

Yeh Jaasse's sounds pretty good... Mine's the more roaring high pitch sound not too loud but noticeable.

Hope you don't get pulled over ofr a road side inspection or emissions test cause you'll get the book thrown at you big time. your bank balance had better be very impressive cause the fine if huge.

Guys if enough interest is had from ZRE152 owners then CES may develop a cat back system for them same as they did for ZZE 122'3 models. So if you are interested then say so!!!

Yes my wallet is significantly big enough I believe.

As for CSE developing a cat back, I'd be interested. Yet again I'd wanna find out the gains I'd get from it before registering a firm interest.

Regards,

Jase

Edited by Jaaassseeee

From the rear of the car shake the exhaust left to right and see if it makes contact with any of the heat shields or anything else.

Also, if the Cat was actually removed, I would have it replaced immediately... you're looking at a $20k fine if you get busted without one, that's alot even for Packer.

Also, if the Cat was actually removed, I would have it replaced immediately... you're looking at a $20k fine if you get busted without one, that's alot even for Packer.

"Oh shi..." much? Farrrrkkk that's enough to encourage me to put it back on. Jeebussss.

From the rear of the car shake the exhaust left to right and see if it makes contact with any of the heat shields or anything else.

20k? wow ouch okay good idea thanks for letting me know.

Jasseee are you sure ur not mistaking the cat from the middle muffler? remember there are two restrictive mufflers on our vehicles..

I kno one other dude got his removed just like mine... he eve nposted some pics up

Jasseee are you sure ur not mistaking the cat from the middle muffler? remember there are two restrictive mufflers on our vehicles..

I kno one other dude got his removed just like mine... he eve nposted some pics up

Maybe you're right. But corrent me if I'm wrong again, but to me it looks like theres a 'mini cat' inside the middle muffler.

*meow*

Maybe you're right. But corrent me if I'm wrong again, but to me it looks like theres a 'mini cat' inside the middle muffler.

*meow*

I'm worrying for you dude. I can picture them fining you just for saying that in defense lol.

If I were you Jase I'd be making damn sure you have a catalytic converter on that thing... As big as your wallet may be, surely you would get more fun from throwing your 20K in a bin and setting fire to it rather than having the Australian Government take it as revenue.

Further, there is little to no gain to be had from removing the catlytic converter. These days, every 'cat is "hi-flow" and non-restrictive from factory anyway.

naw dont worry dude your thinking that the middle muffler is the cat converter.. haha I had the same thought when he took mine out ROFL..

but then he pointed to the cat converter which is close to the engine bay and said that he's not allowed to take that..

So dont worry i think ur just mistaken dude :P YOur mechanic should also know not to do anything illegal lol

SOooooo Chillax