make my paseo exhuast louder

pas-q

:help: hey guys, new here.. just wondering i have a gen1 paseo i wanted to make the exhaust noiser so i added a muffler tip to the exhaust end and that didnt work sounds almost like stock.. i dnt wana spend too much on it ..any ideas what i can do witout having to take it like the exhuast shop cos i know its costly there and i prefer to do it myself. thanks

:help: hey guys, new here.. just wondering i have a gen1 paseo i wanted to make the exhaust noiser so i added a muffler tip to the exhaust end and that didnt work sounds almost like stock.. i dnt wana spend too much on it ..any ideas what i can do witout having to take it like the exhuast shop cos i know its costly there and i prefer to do it myself. thanks

Yea a tip what usually do much, without buying a new muffler the only way would be...you know drilling some holes in your stock one. Which is highly illegal and I wouldn't really recommend it. Perhaps try just getting a Supercat muffler or a cannon, most universal mufflers will do the trick at making the note a bit louder.

do you think if i attach a muffler tip with a very large diameter it will increase the noise

Abit but not much because your just adding a bit tip to a small pipe. Universal muffler is the cheapest way to go to get the noise level up, I think sporti got his muffler changed for like 250, and that was in WA so not to expensive

Edited by Seano

Abit but not much because your just adding a bit tip to a small pipe. Universal muffler is the cheapest way to go to get the noise level up, I think sporti got his muffler changed for like 250, and that was in WA so not to expensive

um if i buy the uuniversal muffler can i install it all by myself or better off professionally?

Edited by pas-q

i brought a 3.5" cannon tip + silencer from ebay $70 including postage lols, and had it fitted for $120 at aaa exhaust in adelaide

the guy did a db test said its at 84db with silencer in

without silencer i'd be over just over the limit

um if i buy the uuniversal muffler can i install it all by myself or better off professionally?

Yes you will need it installed professionally in case you haven't got it from the posts above :whistling:

• 5 weeks later...

Yes you will need it installed professionally in case you haven't got it from the posts above :whistling:

Provided you've got the tools and know your way around a spanner or two, it's not too hard to fit an exhaust yourself. Having a welder would be great too :P

• 4 weeks later...
get a 4inch canon that should be good enough.. just like what i did.

On a paseo!?!

Why didn't you just take the green wrapping off a milo tin...

HAHA what a GOLD comment :toast:

Just drill a massive hole in your air box. That will increase the 'grunt' noise of the Paseo. The mod is FREE. You will experience increased throttle response and top end performance....your filter will get a little bit more dirty, but it will be louder!

Save your money on an exhaust system until you get that 4efte transplant. :ph34r:

On a paseo!?!

Just drill a massive hole in your air box. That will increase the 'grunt' noise of the Paseo. The mod is FREE. You will experience increased throttle response and top end performance....your filter will get a little bit more dirty, but it will be louder!

Save your money on an exhaust system until you get that 4efte transplant. :ph34r:

Or as I said do the awesome mod of drilling a hole in your muffler - El Rebel Cheapo style :ph34r:

On a paseo!?!

Or you can replace the whole intake system with an aftermarket filter and cold air intake. It's all pretty easy to do, I can write up a tutorial if you want.

I'm still contemplating turbo-ing my 5E-FE - it's got a 200cc advantage on the 4EF-TE and to turbo it is around the same price as a transplant.

On a paseo!?!

Or you can replace the whole intake system with an aftermarket filter and cold air intake. It's all pretty easy to do, I can write up a tutorial if you want.

I'm still contemplating turbo-ing my 5E-FE - it's got a 200cc advantage on the 4EF-TE and to turbo it is around the same price as a transplant.

the 4EFTE transplant is definitely the way to go, reliability is everything and turbo-ing your engine will put much strain on it. go the engine swap and look at modifying that later on down the track. depends how far you want to go really.

kane

How to bolt-on more power and improve your vehicle's performance

To improve power and efficiency, you need to get more air and fuel into and out of your engine.

Do-It-Yourself and save!

Switching to a performance air filter allows more air to flow freely to your engine.

A cold-air intake system will route cooler outside air into the engine. Colder air is denser and makes more power.

A cat-back high-performance exhaust system will add power by reducing backpressure in the exhaust. Your vehicle will sound much more powerful too.

Computer controlled engines can really benefit from re-programming or 'chipping'. They will advance timing, optimise fuel delivery and change shift points on automatic gear boxes.

Performance exhaust headers improve the flow of exhaust gasses out of your engine and reduce exhaust backpressure. Headers provide impressive results when teamed with cat-back exhausts.

Aftermarket ignition systems can provide a hotter & quicker spark. An electronic ignition kit eliminates breaker points on older vehicles.

Another bolt-on performance option is a supercharger system. They come in a variety of styles, yet this centrifugal bolt-on is one of the easiest to install, and gives additional power.

To achieve optimum results from your bolt-on performance parts, they need to work together. An ideal game plan would be to add a performance filter, then switch to synthetic lubricants, followed by installing a 160-degree thermostat, and advance the ignition timing.

...even Supercheap auto has the idea... :toast:

...even Supercheap auto has the idea... :toast:

Yep, they even sell these in a variety of sizes for 69 bucks a pop :D . If you want noise, and absolutely nothing else, then this is what to get...

165.jpg

Step 1: Consume contents - Low GI energy drink will increase driver performance.

Step 2: Remove green wrapping - you don't want people knowing you paid that much for it. Additionally, wrapping may be flammable... you can polish it at this point if you wish.

Step 3: Cut out a hole big enough to fit over current muffler tip. Weld here.

Step 4: Attach a kazoo inside other end of 'new muffler'... airflow will pass through this unit and provide additional meaty soundzzzzzzz...

Apologies to all who are taking 'cannon on paseo' idea more seriously than I.

Leroy, word on the street is if you can get the special Adam Gilchrist Kanga Cricket promotional tins then the label should be left attached for street cred. Also, being green, you can convince your friends that your exhaust is made by TEIN.

True story

Poor Paseo's. They're toyota's too!

I'm not making fun of the paseo...

And I'm not trying to make fun of the guy who started this thread... It just kills me though, that people want to change things on a car just for noise. So the cannon is the cheapest option. Not exactly a meaty noise either - and you will have joined the 17yr old girls lancer club.

Its just so...... chav.

Edited by Leroy

• 1 month later...