What size wheels with a Sportivo?

GGG

I'm with AAMI and they allow me to have up to 3 mods. No issues about wheel sizes or intakes or exhaust as far as I know.

I'm travelling on 215/40/17 and though it's definitely harsher than the stockies but definitely sticks to the ground better and er....looks better as well.  :lol:  :lol:

18s will definitely look good on the Stivo, but I say from the performance and insurance side of things, go with 17s. They are cheaper as well, especially when it comes to replacing your tyres.

u reckon 17" with a width of 7.5" would be good for a rolla ? oh, does it require the guards to be rolled ?

I'm running Koya 18x7.5's on my sportivo with 225/35's.. I've noticed no difference in performance, I worked out the rolling diameter to be different by a bit over 3cm, so there's bugger all in it. I also had it lowered 4cm. My insurance is with RACQ and it was like $800/year (I'm 25). I dont have any problems with turning circles or anything like that

I'm running Koya 18x7.5's on my sportivo with 225/35's.. I've noticed no difference in performance, I worked out the rolling diameter to be different by a bit over 3cm, so there's bugger all in it. I also had it lowered 4cm. My insurance is with RACQ and it was like $800/year (I'm 25). I dont have any problems with turning circles or anything like that

Woah...I think that you are the first person that I know that has such wide wheels. Could you take a photo and post it up on the forum. Will love to see your car.

is RACQ the equivalence of RAVC and NRMA ? if it is, im gonna try and talk to RAVC about the alloy width again.

RACQ is the equivalent of RACV and the like. Have a look at Suncorp for insurance. They insure cars with different wheels, exhausts etc. Each mod has a points value so when you accumulate a certain number of points and it goes over a particular level the your premium goes up. Simple system and actually cheaper than just cars and the like in my case anyway.

Rating one, male 30yrs no claims. Excess $350 Not sure of exact premium as it's combined with house insurance and includes another car as well.

RACQ is the equivalent of RACV and the like. Have a look at Suncorp for insurance. They insure cars with different wheels, exhausts etc. Each mod has a points value so when you accumulate a certain number of points and it goes over a particular level the your premium goes up. Simple system and actually cheaper than just cars and the like in my case anyway.

Rating one, male 30yrs no claims. Excess $350 Not sure of exact premium as it's combined with house insurance and includes another car as well.

Jewce which springs did you buy to lower it 4cm?

How much bumpier (scale of one to ten)??

GGG...

I think they're king springs - not 100% sure though... I had the dudes at Keith4Wheels do the wheels and lowering.. As for the ride, you can notice it a bit, but I wouldnt say that it's really bad... I live on the southside and the roads are fukn crap and I'd say you'd feel the bumps probably around 15% more, but the improvement it made to handling is excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone, heaps less understeer!!! Damn front wheel drives

i was rating 1 for life with aami and they were 100$ dearer for premium and wouldnt let me have any mods and no agreed value.

they were only gonna give me 28,800$ for replacment.

so i went to racv they were sensational i can do whatever i want because im over 25 big stereo wheels as long as there not over 2 inches bigger than stock wheels exhaust the whole lot plus i have agreed value for 35,000$ they were 100$ cheaper than aami plus they will supply a hire car if anything goes wrong.

wheels though i looked atn 18s and 17s and i think 17s are they way to go 18s look good but rougher ride more expensive for wheels and tyres.17s look good but are better ride cheaper.but it comes down to personal prefference.

I took mine to NRMA, cause that's where my last car was. THey are $20 a month cheaper than when I had my 2000 Levin with them.

Now they charge me $561 a year, (28y Rate 1 for life) and I never asked about mods....but I know when I do the tint and floor mats and aesthetic (non-performance enhancing) stuff, that although they won't charge me extra, they do want to know about it...

As for value, I got agreed value of $29,950.... which isn't too bad considering I only paid $28000 neat driveaway...

• 9 months later...

Hi guys..

reviving old thread..

question:

i'm looking at $600 for some enkei light weight wheels

the details that have been given so far is 16x7 front, 16x7.5 rear, tyre width 225.

i'm asking for other details such as offset, wheel model, pcd, tyre aspect ratio, tyre brand and model.

anyway, user "jewce" was running 225/35r18, and by using this tyre/wheel calculator (http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html), the closest tyre/wheel dimensions i could get were 225/45r16. both his wheels and the wheels i'm looking at are max width 7.5"

are there any issues with it?

jewce: have there been any further issues since?

Thanks!

ps. how does centre bore come into play?

ps. how does centre bore come into play?

Centrebore is absolutely critical.

The wheel studs are not designed to hold the weight of the car, so if your centre bore is too big you may have problems.

eg.

The studs break or the wheels will feel unbalanced.

Check out this link explains the benefits of Hub Centric Wheels.

Hub Centric Wheels/Centre Bore

Also another thing to think about your insurance company may not touch you afterwards. They will generally only allow you to go one size larger.

NO your aloud to go 2 sizes bigger to keep the car legal without needing slips and stuff like that

depends on each state's intepretation.

in NSW NRMA will allow 1 inch bigger in WIDTH .. that means a 15x6 u can get 16x6.5 and 17x7 and anyhting inbetwen .. eg 16x7

they allow you to lower your car by 1.25inch or 30mm

unsure if they charge extra to ur premium

topic moved to wheels & tyres section.....

With regards to sizes of wheels/tyres acceptable this is a bit of a weird one as i have found it seems to vary depend on whom u speak to .... does anyone have the actually print form either the RTA or their insurance company ? .... Thats the only way ur gona get a definite answer.....

depends on each state's intepretation.

in NSW NRMA will allow 1 inch bigger in WIDTH .. that means a 15x6 u can get 16x6.5 and 17x7 and anyhting inbetwen .. eg 16x7

they allow you to lower your car by 1.25inch or 30mm

unsure if they charge extra to ur premium

oh your talking insurance companies

im talking whether its ILEGAL OR LEGAL

in NSW its LEGAL to go 2 sizes bigger without getting booked

Howdy All

Although I have checked out the posts in the past week, this is my numero uno post...

First impressions of the Rolla stivo = great little car which couldnt have been even better if Toyota pulled their finger out. My mates Clio sport is evident of that but its the sixe of an echo and when my feet are on the pedals, my knee is jammed against the steering wheel...ahh well. My gearbox hasnt been the smoothest while entering 'lift' and I had originally thought that to do be my'getting used to the car' feel...it appears it may not be after all.... That aside, I was looking into upgrading the rims on my little silver surfer, I have noticed that 17's seem popular but with dropping prices of 18's, I was looking at some Apec Septik's in 18 inch with a 215/40 tyre. Any idea peoples why 17 seems to be the way to go?

Looks like there is plenty room for 18's..perhaps its cost? or maybe the reduced straight line performence?

Your experiences/opinions are most appreciated!

Thats exactly like my wheels but mine are in shadow deep silver :D

black looks much hotter!! *thumbs up*

Ive got 18x7.5's with 225/35 tyres. no rubbing or scrubing. Rolling diameter is 5mm smaller than stock, not sure where 3cm came from, maybe a different tyre brand. Better performance with light weight racing wheels (much lighter than stockies) and sticky rubber. Ride firm, but not harsh. Potholes arent a problem (Falken reinforced tyres), but watch out for gutters.

Edited by ZAV

Ive got 18x7.5's with 225/35 tyres. no rubbing or scrubing.  Rolling diameter is 5mm smaller than stock, not sure where 3cm came from, maybe a different tyre brand.  Better performance with light weight racing wheels (much lighter than stockies) and sticky rubber.  Ride firm, but not harsh.  Potholes arent a problem (Falken reinforced tyres), but watch out for gutters.

u haven't lowered yours yet have u?