Something i received...

dannywss

Hi,

Something to share here, i received an email which had a subject of "Get back to me asap" from Song Li, whose email address i think i should not be sharing here, but if you interested, pm and i will reply with the address.

The content is as below.

Good Day ,

I'm Song Li, I work with the Hang Seng Bank here in Hong Kong. Although the

internet is very hard place to meet people because you don't know who to trust

or what to believe and what not to.I have an obscured business for you. There

is sum of $19,500,000.00 in my bank "Hang Seng Bank" Hong kong.There were no

beneficiaries stated concerning these funds which means no one would ever come

forward to claim it. That is why I ask that we work together so as to have the

sum transferred out of my bank to you.

Should you be interested? Please send me your:

1. Full names

2. Private phone number

3. Current residential address

Kind Regards,

Mr. Song Li.

for 20m, my top priority thing to do is... Get myself graduate from uni!! Waahaahaa!

whose email address i think i should not be sharing here, but if you interested, pm and i will reply with the address.

Please tell me this comment was sarcasm,

something tells me that you are being serious.

Are you serious!

whose email address i think i should not be sharing here, but if you interested, pm and i will reply with the address.

Please tell me this comment was sarcasm,

something tells me that you are being serious.

Are you serious!

I think he's serious. He's more serious than Serious Cat, and Serious Cat is...rather serious.

ah love these scams ..... tell us all ur private details and we will happily send u $20M dollars ...... lol ..... so funny ...... i think wat u will find is a $20M debt in ur name.

This is very weird, i have been receiving similar email since tat earlier email. Now, read this! I was shocked when i first scan through(very quick reading) it, coz i made a T/T payment to import a car, so i soo farking worried that my money gone missing or any shxt!

Well, enjoy reading~~

Director, Foreign Operation

ATM Card Dept

Central Bank of Nigeria

Dear,

Going by series of petition received from International Body on the way foreign contractors Fund was handled by our correspondence office. After Extensive lose door meeting with Board of Directors And other Stake holders in the Government, Subcommittees of the House of Assembly and the House Of Rep, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It was Resolved and Agreed upon that you're Heritance Fund would be released on a special method of payment , which tag Name Reads ATM CORPORATE VISA CARD. This Method of Payment is

designed by the Government to Avert fraud perpetration or stoppage of fund by some Agencies. This ATM CORPORATE VISA CARD would be Issued to you upon meeting with the Bank Requirements.

This office, has Been Mandated to take charge of the Issuance of the ATM CORPORATE VISA CARD.And that Your contract payment file should be passed to my Desk for clarification .Upon Certification that your File is ok.This Office would Direct you on how to Receive your over due contract fund via ATM CORPORATE VISA CARD .

FORWARD YOUR

FULL NAME

MAILING ADDRESS

OCCUPATION

IDENTITY

PHONE NUMBER

Waiting for an urgent response.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr. CHARLES EDU

Director, Foreign Operation

ATM Card Dept

Central Bank of Nigeria

Then i read slowly, hrm... wat a nice way to ask for personal details... lolz

Can anyone tell me why they wan someone else's details?

Edited by dannywss

Man if someone doesnt take your internet away soon your fcuked mate!

These are all scams, and these are the obvious ones.

Wait till your bank starts sending you emails and asks you to confirm your details.

This is called spam/scam's for a reason.

back to first comment

These are all scams, and these are the obvious ones.

Wait till your bank starts sending you emails and asks you to confirm your details.

This is called spam/scam's for a reason.

back to first comment

spot on!!

Danny, Please please please please tell me you realise this is a scam and you're only posting this up to warn others. here's a tip. go to google and do a search for 'Nigerian Scam'. you will find out all you need to know.

never ever send your personal details to anyone via email (even someone you know) it's not paranoia. All someone needs to steal your indentity is a few personal details. e.g your driver's licence number, your date of birth, your address...etc. anything!

lolz, i m not tat stupid to send my info to them, but i m just worried bout 1 thing. I heard that from opening these emails, we are actually infested by the virus and infos(personaly) are already sent to those people?

wat should be done? formating the computer and PAY for my next anti-virus? coz free anti-virus, and those free scan, seems doesnt work..

lolz, i m not tat stupid to send my info to them, but i m just worried bout 1 thing. I heard that from opening these emails, we are actually infested by the virus and infos(personaly) are already sent to those people?

wat should be done? formating the computer and PAY for my next anti-virus? coz free anti-virus, and those free scan, seems doesnt work..

PC-Cillin, AVG, whatever. Get decent Internet protection and install it when you can. If it's free, it's not going to work as well. Trust me.

PC-Cillin, AVG, whatever. Get decent Internet protection and install it when you can. If it's free, it's not going to work as well. Trust me.

Thats why you get a host of free programs to do one job each - rather than whole package solutions (Eg Norton, Pc-Cillin etc)

A combination of stuff like zonealarm, AVG, adaware etc... and a decent file cleaner/shredder.... I found that to be more effective that McAfee and Pc-Cillin - and I paid for those last 2!

Thats why you get a host of free programs to do one job each - rather than whole package solutions (Eg Norton, Pc-Cillin etc)

A combination of stuff like zonealarm, AVG, adaware etc... and a decent file cleaner/shredder.... I found that to be more effective that McAfee and Pc-Cillin - and I paid for those last 2!

Unless you suffer from acute paranoia like me :\ I'm terrible.

Hey danny, I've got a sure-fire way of getting rid of those pesky scam emails. Send me $50 through Paypal and I'll show you how ;)

i found i got alot of spam from people pretending to be from ebay asking me to log in because an item ive listed has been removed pending some violation

funny thing was i didnt have anything listed.....................

had my ebay account hacked well at least they tried i got an alert as to some sus activity and sorted it out real quick

basically i dont even use ebay no more cause of all the spam/scam mail i got from just dealing with people who i thought were genuine buyers.

but really if you look at these scams theyre so poorly strung together anyone with half a brain would see through them especially if the bank constantly reminds you they will never ask your details via email.

but still there are some people who fall for them...............why i dont know if something seems too good to be true it most likely is