Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

SecaBoy

hey...

My name is Ash, and i'm new around here...

Just thought i'd post up some pics of my new ride and introduce myself to everyone... :)

i picked it up on Friday 11th April 2008 and i've already done 450kms... hahha

anyway... its a 3500SL with sunroof and sat nav... and holy crap does this thing have some balls behind her... and the engine hasn't even been run in yet!! :lol:

basically in terms of future 'mods'.......

i MAY change the exhaust from the cat back to make it sound a little beefier...

i MAY upgrade the standard speakers and add a subwoofer/amp...

i MAY add a strutbrace front and back...

i MAY lower it slightly... (doubt it though)

but thats all AGES away.... right now, i'm just gonna enjoy the car for what it is and get used to it...

oh the only thing that will be done asap is to add tinting to the windows... i'm just going the legal 20%.. MAYBE 15%... depends on how dark 15% actually is... :)

anyway... here are some crappy pics until i get the time to take some proper ones...

image008_350.jpg

image009_180.jpg

image010_175.jpg

image011_209.jpg

image012_174.jpg

if you're in brisbane, i'll most likely be out this thursday night to meet you guys... so you can see it in person if you want.. :)

cya

ash.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys... :)

ZZR88: for sure... although, in this car, i'm either enjoying the peace and quiet when i'm cruising along, or i'm trying to hold on if i put my foot down...

so please excuse me if i dont wave back if you see me... :ph34r: i'm not being rude... i'm prolly in my own little world where there are no road rules... :P

ZZR88: for sure... although, in this car, i'm either enjoying the peace and quiet when i'm cruising along, or i'm trying to hold on if i put my foot down...

so please excuse me if i dont wave back if you see me... :ph34r: i'm not being rude... i'm prolly in my own little world where there are no road rules... :P

haha no worries! if i see you, ill "try" catch up to you :lol:

Wanna take me for a ride? :D Im really cruious to feel the difference in power with the supercharger.

I also noticed you use to own a wrx, whats the TRD aurion like compared to it? im guessin u would be able to put more power to the ground without losing traction with the wrx since its AWD.

Edited by ZZR88

haha no worries! if i see you, ill "try" catch up to you :lol:

Wanna take me for a ride? :D Im really cruious to feel the difference in power with the supercharger.

I also noticed you use to own a wrx, whats the TRD aurion like compared to it? im guessin u would be able to put more power to the ground without losing traction with the wrx since its AWD.

yeah, i dont mind taking people for a spin...

before i got the TRD, toyota gave me a prodigy as a 'loan' car... so i basically jumped from that into the TRD.. and there was a significant difference between the two cars...

not only in power, but also the handling...

well, in the wrx, i never had any loss of traction... but then again, i was only making 153kws... so it was no monster...

the wrx was a very firm footed car... like, you never felt like it was gonna spin out on you...

i've noticed in the TRD that when i'm hard on the brakes coming in to a corner, the rear end is very twitchy... like, it feels like it wants to step out on me...

its not going to step out, cause its not breaking traction in the rear, but it just has that feeling to it...

its very very possible that i'm not used to driving this car though... every car needs to be driven in a slightly different manner.. so over time i'll get used to this one as well... :)

Very nice ride man! Looks tops.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh this Thurs.

Gotta love the TRD Aurion.

thanks mate...

Grouse ride!!!! :yahoo:

thanks... :)

looking awsome man i see so many at work lool (toyota) all the HR people seem to have them before any of us lol u should of got the gunmetal colour rims ehh would look even hotter!! but anyhow its hot!! lol

Steve,

looking awsome man i see so many at work lool (toyota) all the HR people seem to have them before any of us lol u should of got the gunmetal colour rims ehh would look even hotter!! but anyhow its hot!! lol

Steve,

thanks steve.

unfortunately, the gun metal rims only come on the S model.. not the SL...

so it wasnt an option for me to get them...

i asked the dealer if i could, but he said no.. :(

Unless someone has a Lexus 600Lh lurking around here...

... this is the nicest car on this forum.

Why would you want to spend that much money on a car, and then mod it?? :o

heh... thanks for the compliment...

i have a disease where i cant keep any car stock... even if i bought a lambo/ferrari, id still find something to change on it... i guess its so i have an individual looking car..

even my accord euro had rims and had been lowered... :ph34r:

thanks for the offer, but if i was gonna spend extra on rims, then i'd go an aftermarket set in black with dish...

the ideal would have been to get the car delivered to me with the gun metal grey rims...

although, i've been thinking of getting the stock rims powder coated in black... but not sure if it'll look good...

maybe in white will look good...

thanks for the offer, but if i was gonna spend extra on rims, then i'd go an aftermarket set in black with dish...

the ideal would have been to get the car delivered to me with the gun metal grey rims...

although, i've been thinking of getting the stock rims powder coated in black... but not sure if it'll look good...

maybe in white will look good...

lol yerh get them powder coated in gloss black like mine :toast: untill u can afford some aftermarket rims dont go white

i say stick with the black on black look its the best =P~

Don't listen to Steve he is crazy about black :P white on white is optimum but white on black is still grouse, just ask Simo!

Great work forking out for one of these, you're the first one on the forum!

When driving quick in a FWD car I like to really concentrate on getting all the braking done in a straight line to avoid the problem you were talking about above... But you probably already know that.

yeah, i guess i was just used to driving my silvia and wrx where you could brake and turn in at the same time and then power out of the corner...

i've forgotten how to drive a fwd quickly... hahaha

it'll come back to me i'm sure... lol

the brakes on this car is just amazing though... you can brake really really late going in to a corner, and it just bites and pulls you up... :o

kinda un-nerving cause i always end up braking really early... :lol:

but give me time... i've only owned the car for 70hrs... :lol:

Don't listen to Steve he is crazy about black :P white on white is optimum but white on black is still grouse, just ask Simo!

Great work forking out for one of these, you're the first one on the forum!

When driving quick in a FWD car I like to really concentrate on getting all the braking done in a straight line to avoid the problem you were talking about above... But you probably already know that.

lmaooo BLACK FTW!!! :toast:

also i suppose u dont have rims to replace ur rims when u get them powder coated so just leave them for the time being its still hot =]~

ps. i cant wait till they let me lease one of these babys wooohooo

Edited by KaZe-StiVo