Cannon exhaust on a ZR Rolla

All my past cars have had a sports exhaust and my new Corolla ZR Levin is too dam quiet, can’t get used to it. So new pipe needed. I’ve been told Viken pipes are great on Japanese 4 bangers and will last a very long time without staining, does anyone know anything about them? Will a cannon exhaust affect the fuel consumption much?

Fread’s sport exhaust (http://www.sportsexhaust.com.au) can fit one for $450. I live in Southern suburbs of Melbourne, can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop?

post-8029-1208340850_thumb.jpg

Edited by -ALFI-

Never heard of them but if it's a canon then it'll prolly sound like one. The typical fart canon sound on a n/a 4cylinder. and for $450 fitted that's about half of what CES would charge to do a cat back system in full stainless steel and won't drone.

considering that the main muffler is under the middle of the car on the ZRE152 and the rear is only a small resonator it would prolly do little as far as performance goes apart from some noise.

considering that the main muffler is under the middle of the car on the ZRE152 and the rear is only a small resonator it would prolly do little as far as performance goes apart from some noise.

That’s cool, All I really want a sweet noise anyway. Can't decide if a cannon would look good as no one seems to have put on one a ZRE152 yet, that I’ve seen. Anyone got a pic of a new rolla with a cannon shoved up its bum?

Non-turbo cars 'with' a cannon muffler seem to sound like a pregnant yak with a yam stuck in its throat. I'd steer clear.

Had to 'lol' at my own mistyping.

Edited by Lord Nelson Derpentstein

Nothing cool about a Corolla with a cannon. If you've got the dough may as well get something classy made up for you. The Soarer sounds good because it's a Soarer with the exhaust opened up a bit, not because of the muffler brand.

Those rice cans sound horrible IMO. How many times have you seen/heard a civic/corolla with one of those? everytime they accelerate away, the noise doesn't seem to correspond to how slow they are accelerating away - you hear this loud noise thinking that a car just screamed by but in actual fact, my mum in her Rav4 just past it. :lol::lol:

loud fart cannons just screams "I have no class and am too poor to afford a real exhaust setup" :lol:

Canons create drone, the worst noise for the car. Get a oval resinator muffler if you want some noise.

There is nothing worse than seeing some little car with a canon, sounds and looks like **** :)

Edited by Modena

Oh, i forgot to mention. Non-Turbo car universal cannon mufflers originated when some douchbag decided it would be a cool idea to build a motorcycle exhaust for a car. hehehe

Well I’m glad I asked, didn’t know a cannon would sound krup on a NA 4cyl. This is my first 4 banger ride, my last 2 cars have been V8 Falcons. Thanks for the advice guys. I’m looking into stainless catback systems now. Can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop on the south or east side of Melbourne?

That's a heaps better idea.

The previous model ZZE122 Corollas with the 100kW 1ZZ-FE engine were found to have a decent power increase with the fitment of a 2.25" catback exhaust. Definitely go check out some exhaust shops and see what they can do for you. I'm not sure if anyone has tested what size exhaust is optimum on the new ZRE series so you might end up being the pioneer.