Dob in a hoon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the cigarette, imagine being one of you lot with a CAI driving behind someone that does that. Butt hits the ground, sends off the token sparks, you drive over it just at that moment and it gets sucked onto your pod... goodbye engine, car, and potentially driver.

L M A O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the cigarette, imagine being one of you lot with a CAI driving behind someone that does that. Butt hits the ground, sends off the token sparks, you drive over it just at that moment and it gets sucked onto your pod... goodbye engine, car, and potentially driver.

L M A O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol... yes, highly unlikely... but I'm sure still possible

Anyone wanna go guinea pig for this? :P

Come on guys, do you honestly think this is some new scheme that the police have specifically set up to catch hoons?

Do you honestly think that the arrest rate and/or incidence of court cases are going to increase as a result?

It's merely the same old antisocial behaviour laws given an advertising campaign to keep the general public (simple folk) in their state of mental safety. A vote winner, not a serious police operation.

That was a huge flaw with the ford pinto back in the day... things getting sucked into the car, and igniting the fuel tank. Hence the multi billion dollar lawsuits against ford for such bad design.

Pity noone sued the smoker for negligence causing bodily harm or death...

That has to be the worst post I have ever read on this forum, barring most of Mrs Sportivo's posts. :P

Leroy, next time I see you, I am going to remove my pod filter and ask you to show me exactly where you think a cigarette butt could enter!!! Then Jimmy will slap you across the face... with the filter.

As for the Pinto, nothing to do with a cigarette, simply a design fault which caused the fuel tank to rupture when a rear impact occurs. The biggest problem of the Ford Pinto case study is that the executives in Ford did a cost benefit analysis of the situation and decided it would cost more to recall the vehicles and place a baffle in the fuel tank than it would to pay the compensation costs for the likely deaths from accidents, therefore nothing was done.

As for the Pinto, nothing to do with a cigarette, simply a design fault which caused the fuel tank to rupture when a rear impact occurs. The biggest problem of the Ford Pinto case study is that the executives in Ford did a cost benefit analysis of the situation and decided it would cost more to recall the vehicles and place a baffle in the fuel tank than it would to pay the compensation costs for the likely deaths from accidents, therefore nothing was done.

Haha...read my 2 posts above... Or simply delete my posts... I was just jumping on the Anti Cigarette bandwagon :whistling:

1. I admitted that the case I had read primarily involved a ruptured fuel tank, not a direct incident involving the induction of burning material.

2. I also admitted it was highly unlikely... In my mind, I was more referring to the cigarette getting caught on the filter and burning.

That has to be the worst post I have ever read on this forum, barring most of Mrs Sportivo's posts. tongue.gif

ROFL... (hangs head in shame for sinking to that level)

Edited by Leroy

There is validness in Tony's post.

Cigarettes are cunning. Look at what they do to people already. I wouldn't put it past them to have some form of otherworldly intelligence that 'does' enable them to pry open, and squeeze through the elbow join between the CAI pipe and filter.

I've said too much, I hear them plotting.

Guest ddonggae

*dongsoo does a burnout*

random cummunity member: oh dongsoo did a burnout his rego is aaa111

police: ok we will take action

police goes to dongsoo's house and tells him he was seen doing a burnout..

dongsoo: sorry, i didnt do one at all... so um... yah

police: ok cool bye then.

~~

an advertising campaign to keep the general public (simple folk) in their state of mental safety. A vote winner, not a serious police operation.

agreed

Edited by ddonggae

its like that song high school never ends aint it everyone is taddling on everyone else what about those who arent hooning? and just driving dangerously for example more than half the taxi drivers in sydney and roughly a quarter of all elderly drivers are also a serious worry on our roads but nobody does anything about that the last week ive been working as a traffic controller for the last week and you tend to realise how dangerous some people can be

Guest ddonggae

man.. sydney taxi drivers is very decent compared to these ******s we have in melbourne..

u guys are lucky to have australian and chinese as taxi drivers..

melbourne taxi drivers has no sense of decency !!

taxi drivers here.... what a scum !!

Edited by ddonggae

man.. sydney taxi drivers is very decent compared to these ******s we have in melbourne..

u guys are lucky to have australian and chinese as taxi drivers..

melbourne taxi drivers has no sense of decency !!

taxi drivers here.... what a scum !!

mayb 90% of melb taxi driver are like that, but i remember once when i took taxi with my gf and a female friend from crown, the driver was so handsome that they gave extra tip for him.. like $20 dollars.. he do know how to talk sweet..

this campaign is some douche bag's clever idea to get citizens to do police work for them. Then they can just issue fines, sit back and get fat! those fat fu*kers! Everyone breaks minor laws at one point in time: J-walking, minor speeding, U-turns at double lines, turning right at a no-right-turn in a quiet neighbourhood....GET OFF YOUR F*CKING HIGH HORSES! </rant>

seriously, how is this going to work? Will you suddenly start seeing those old nosey pr1cks in ford lasers start snapping pics or taking video of everyone they think is driving faster than them. You see these pr1cks everywhere, those that can't mind their own f8cking business. Great idea RTA f@ggots! instead of these nosey b@stards concentrating on the road, they'll be driving worse than they normally do, swerving around in traffic and not paying attention just so they can report you to the police to make up for their own inadequacies - go give yourselve a pat on the back you f*cking hippies beard growing f*cktards!!! sorry to rant guys but i'm having a bad morning and thinking of this sh!t just p1sses me off to no end.

If this new 'dob in a hoon' **** takes off, we're going to start seeing alot more road rage when some dude realises they are getting filmed and corners the would-be dobber and procceeds to knock-him-the-f*ck-out for not minding his own business.

I was rather horrified when I noticed a large Billboard the other day stating this new DOB-A-HOON campaign and I saw TV ad's last night confirming their existance.

it has potential to cause alot of us unwanted extra attention. Not because we drive like tools; but purely because 'ol Grandpa Joe or John A(nal) Citizen doesnt like noisy and/or low cars.

I can foresee many ridiculous claims/counterclaims; neighbourly disputes etc coming into this.

There appears to be nothing to stop Joe Bloggs calling you in for anything he/she perceives to be a "hoon" act - whether the know sweet F.A. about automobiles, driving or not.

My GTi is low and a little bit noisy, but I drive calmly and sedately, indicate & signal everytime especially in built up and residential area's. But as mentioned somewhere before, under load; up inclines it does make a bit of noise. And with my upgrade suspension I can go thru round-abouts quicker and flatter than other standard vehicles, which catchs alot of people out. I dont want to be 'dobbed in' because my car handles well and is a little low.

Im not being unsafe in any way, but the preconceived opinions and prejudices of our population now have the power to act on their arcaic views that any noisy/low/modded car is automatically a Hoon.

Fark that!

qkslvr, Brettu26, you two have got it spot on.

My extra added twist is that the govt is happy to have its citizens against each other while they make extra money for ppl doing their work.

My friend and I were discussing this the other day, and it will only lead to increased road rage and arguements when people see they are being filmed or have had their photo taken by some random person. Sad thing is, he's the sort of person that would do something, he's got a short fuse

this campaign is some douche bag's clever idea to get citizens to do police work for them. Then they can just issue fines, sit back and get fat! those fat fu*kers! Everyone breaks minor laws at one point in time: J-walking, minor speeding, U-turns at double lines, turning right at a no-right-turn in a quiet neighbourhood....GET OFF YOUR F*CKING HIGH HORSES! </rant>

seriously, how is this going to work? Will you suddenly start seeing those old nosey pr1cks in ford lasers start snapping pics or taking video of everyone they think is driving faster than them. You see these pr1cks everywhere, those that can't mind their own f8cking business. Great idea RTA f@ggots! instead of these nosey b@stards concentrating on the road, they'll be driving worse than they normally do, swerving around in traffic and not paying attention just so they can report you to the police to make up for their own inadequacies - go give yourselve a pat on the back you f*cking hippies beard growing f*cktards!!! sorry to rant guys but i'm having a bad morning and thinking of this sh!t just p1sses me off to no end.

If this new 'dob in a hoon' **** takes off, we're going to start seeing alot more road rage when some dude realises they are getting filmed and corners the would-be dobber and procceeds to knock-him-the-f*ck-out for not minding his own business.

Yes! I can feeeeeeel your anger. It gives you focusssss!

I like it when you get angry dude. Stark contrast from the placid, baby faced guy I saw at Kiama that time.

Yes! I can feeeeeeel your anger. It gives you focusssss!

I like it when you get angry dude. Stark contrast from the placid, baby faced guy I saw at Kiama that time.

Oh stop, you're making me blush :lol:

also, Everyone knows that the term 'hoon' is widely miss-used anyway. the majority of fatal accidents that contribute to the road toll are not 'hoon' related, nor does the driver fit into the 'hoon' demographic. The term has been used to mask a bigger problem of members of the general population that just can't f*cking drive. here's an example: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/woman-...9839589153.html

because 'hoons' is a nicely giftwrapped label to point the finger at so that authorities can seem like they're doing something about something as inevitable as traffic deaths. I'm all for making the road safer for the long term. but the so called 'blitz' on a minority group for a limited amount of time is just a stunt to make the right-wing pr1cks shut their gap until the next high horse trots along for them to ride.

Edited by qkslvr

Wiki says this:

"The term "Hoon" was first used in Australia at the turn of the 20th century where it referred to a man living off immoral earnings [1] (i.e. a pimp)....blablablabla... Generally, a hoon is any person who drives any vehicle dangerously and/or fast."

so.. i dont fit in 1st section, but i fit in 2nd section as person driving fast?

so.. driving loud or fancy or low car doesnt make a person hoon right?

so.. if u r speeding, u r a hoon?

WE ALL HOON??? :o :o :o

I've said this before, and will say it again... to the dismay of most you...

If you want safer roads, make the laws actually tough. None of these $5000 fines, 2 yr license bans, or occasional year long sentences for killing your passenger, or driving fast enough to cause a police chase...

... I'm talking life ban for driving. Simple. Harsh?? Fine then - minimum 10 year ban.

Get caught driving in that time? How about a couple of years jail in that time?

Kill someone due to negligence? How about automatic 10 year jail time for manslaughter??

I bring up this couple of year old case from the SMH:

A Melbourne teenage learner driver, banned from driving after being clocked at more than 200 km/h, has been caught behind the wheel again.

The 18-year-old woman from suburban Laverton was driving with a 16-year-old female friend on July 2 when a police radar clocked her at 205 kph in a 100 kph zone on the Western Ring Road Road at Sunshine, in Melbourne's west.

She was fined $430 and disqualified from driving for 12 months.

What sort of a sentence is that?? She has even been caught again since then.... come on, life ban or decent jail time.

It will only take a couple of people to be made examples of, before people pull themselves into line out of survival instinct :ph34r:

Edited by Leroy

I've said this before, and will say it again... to the dismay of most you...

If you want safer roads, make the laws actually tough. None of these $5000 fines, 2 yr license bans, or occasional year long sentences for killing your passenger, or driving fast enough to cause a police chase...

... I'm talking life ban for driving. Simple. Harsh?? Fine then - minimum 10 year ban.

Get caught driving in that time? How about a couple of years jail in that time?

Kill someone due to negligence? How about automatic 10 year jail time for manslaughter??

I bring up this couple of year old case from the SMH:

A Melbourne teenage learner driver, banned from driving after being clocked at more than 200 km/h, has been caught behind the wheel again.

The 18-year-old woman from suburban Laverton was driving with a 16-year-old female friend on July 2 when a police radar clocked her at 205 kph in a 100 kph zone on the Western Ring Road Road at Sunshine, in Melbourne's west.

She was fined $430 and disqualified from driving for 12 months.

What sort of a sentence is that?? She has even been caught again since then.... come on, life ban or decent jail time.

It will only take a couple of people to be made examples of, before people pull themselves into line out of survival instinct :ph34r:

The sort of people that drive at 200km/h on public roads don't have any survival instincts. So what you're suggesting is stupidly archaic penalties for all just to put a few f*ckwits in line. Let me know when you're running for public office so i can vote for the other guy.

How about we set up a task force to life ban people from brushing their teeth if they leave the tap. Better yet, lets set up another task force to knee-cap all those 'annoying' window washers out there. F*CK THAT, LETS CALL IN JUDGE DREDGE TO ISSUE ON-THE-SPOT DEATH SENTENCES FOR EVERY PERSON THAT EVEN THINKS ABOUT HOONING.

It's the f*cking road. If you want to be completely 99% safe then stay in house and stay off the road. The laws are there to keep everyone within reason, not to force everyone to conform. So right-wing, self righteous b@stards can all go f*ck themselves.

Edited by qkslvr

It's the f*cking road. If you want to be completely 99% safe then stay in house and stay off the road. The laws are there to keep everyone within reason, not to force everyone to conform. So right-wing, self righteous b@stards can all go f*ck themselves.

Real nice with the name calling and all...

Conform????

Is that not the whole point of laws, to have people conform to them??? Why do you stick to the speed limit - perhaps you are actually a conformist??? The street signs are there to be conformed to.

I'm not saying that automatic life sentences are the answer, but am arguing that if you are going to have laws, then they should be enforced to their full extent. What do we currently have? A system where the law is known, but noone has ever received a full penalty. Dobbing in a hoon is not going to accomplish anything other than domestic disputes similar to the campaign of reporting people for using excess water. If anyone does get a slap, thats all it will be... a slap. I'm not suggesting for a moment that Grandma doing a simple 5kms over the limit result loses her license for 2 years...

What I am also arguing is that if you are doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to be worried about. The only serious reason anyone could have against harsher penalties is if they would serve to punish themselves. What are you losing though, your freedom - freedom to speed?? Point being- regardless of how harsh the penalty, you shouldn't be speeding in the first place. Rejecting the notion of tougher penalties for something that you shouldn't be caught doing in any case is akin to saying:

"I don't speed anyway, but maybe one day I might want to... and the current laws will let me get away with it"

One cannot be upset about losing a liberty they didn't actually have to begin with... :angry:

Edited by Leroy

Leroy is right. If they were serious about road safety they would make the consequences tougher, like getting rid of the demerit point system. Everyone gets one (1) chance. A small speeding offense, failure to indicate... BAM there goes your licence for 6 months. A large speeding offense, negligent driving... See you back on the roads in 5 years time. Driving whilst suspended... 6 months jail.

It's easy for me to say this because after nearly 4 full years driving I have not one offense recorded against me and no demerit points ever lost.

Leroy is right

Haha... :toast: I'm gonna frame that.

It's easy for me to say this because after nearly 4 full years driving I have not one offense recorded against me and no demerit points ever lost.

Thats exactly the way it should be though... You have achieved a perfect record with no sacrifice to your quality of life.

There is absolutely nothing stopping the rest of population. :ninja:

Edited by Leroy