Dob in a hoon

ok now i understand (only partially mind u) all this hype that we need to get reckless speedsters off the road and lets give police all this power to do so but now its getting ridiculous .... giving this power to the community .....

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/AntisocialBeha...20/Default.aspx

i believe this has also just launched in VIC recently as well and im guessing soon to follow in all other states.

Look dont get me wrong ..... yes this stuff needs to be policed BUT giving this power to Jo blow is just ridiculous ..... i wonder how many "i hate the kid next door so ill report him for hooning" reports are going to come through ...... i seriously cant see how this is going to be fairly policed

Thoughts ppl ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you Bill.

My mum told me about this the other day.

It is a bit of a worry, because I have neighbours that are exactly like you mentioned.

One day one neighbour ran out infront of me, while I was sitting on about 55 going down my street in my old Scoupe, yelling all sorts of abuse.

I had to swerve to miss him, and fortunately there were no cars coming the other way.

I'd be worried that if this happened, he'd dob me in, labelling me as a 'hoon'. I think it should be left to the police.

Because what is stopping any random person spinning all sorts of bullsh!t just to get someone they don't like in trouble?

Just my 2 cents...

A weird neighbour followed me to the local shops ones day then turned around and went home. Didn't say anything to me. Just kept driving. I don't even speed, but I do make a fair bit of noise coming up the street because it's a steep hill and the caqr is under load, which is what I think was annoying him. But still... strange. And I agree with you Bill

I was just thinking... if they have video or photo evidence of 'hooning'... 'drifting', 'burnouts' or 'speeding'... then I think that is fair enough.

But if there is no evidence... I think its stupid.

Thats why the police can book people, either because they've followed you when you were speeding, or they have you speeding on the camera or gun.

<_<

if your neighbor dobs you...

you can do the same...

in the end.. the gov gets all the benefits!! lol.. is that wt they want??

hope it'll nv come to syd...

EDIT: its fair ONLY if they taped you...

Edited by XploShun

lmfao someone dobbed my mother in for chucking a ciggerette out of the window, few weeks later got a letter reporting it from the cops saying it n that they'll just give us a warning but if it happens again we're gunna get a fine. LOL

lmfao someone dobbed my mother in for chucking a ciggerette out of the window, few weeks later got a letter reporting it from the cops saying it n that they'll just give us a warning but if it happens again we're gunna get a fine. LOL

In bushfire season that's pretty heinous

Man your hair could even start a fire :lol:

Gigiddy...shouldn't you be studying hmmm?

Edited by KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson

this was actually a while back now, so im gunna guess the dobbing in system has been around, plus my mother has no rememberence of ever going on that "road" LOL whats really funny is she didnt even know anyone reported anything till we recieved that letter, and when it did arrive it didnt say anything about being caught on a pic or anything, just based on someones words

yeah i hate it when ppl do it.

living on the edge of bushland you understand the problems it may cause.

On the subject at hand, i think that once the police havce to start chasing up every single case thats put forward to them they will only chase up the ones with hard evidence or are serial offenders, the cops have more then enough on there late as it is :P

when it did arrive it didnt say anything about being caught on a pic or anything, just based on someones words

i know ur incident is different but it is that lsat part that im concerned with as well ....... exactly right if its caught on video or pic's are available as proof then its practically is if u were being tailed by a copper so ur gonna get handed in with "evidence" ...... in this other scenario its literally ur word against theirs ...... what i'd b interested in seeing is how many ppl then start to build up cases about "unworthy" character regarding the person that implicated them ..... that would be the first thing i'd do if some moron dobbed me in for them not liking the exhaust note from my car ......

or even worse ..... the number of morons in family commodores and falcons that jump into the lane that ends 100m up the street @ a set of lights just to get around u ...... and hell no am i letting them in ..... they can wait behind just like everyone else. But i could c that resulting in many reports as well ......

I see it all the time and I hate it. People too friggen lazy to put it out in the ahstray in their car and dispose of it properly.

Have you ever stopped at an intersection and looked out the window at the median strip or in the gutter at how many cancer stick butts are there???

The dob in a hoon thing is a joke. My dad told me that one of his neighbours was going to dob him in for coming around a corner too quick for their likening!!! moreso the fact they just reversed out of thier driveway without looking and Dad had swerve out and away from them to avoid a collision!!

Imagine that? My old man being labelled a hoon at 60!!!! (He'd love it and tell everyone LOL)

Gigiddy...shouldn't you be studying hmmm?

It has been known to... With tha LADIES!!!! GIGIDDY GIGIDDY GOO!!!

I'm printing off practice exams :(

Imagine that? My old man being labelled a hoon at 60!!!! (He'd love it and tell everyone LOL)

I've only met your dad briefly, and yes I can see him loving that title.

It has been known to... With tha LADIES!!!! GIGIDDY GIGIDDY GOO!!!

Red gets the bed. Rhymes, has to be true.

They already have a dob in a 'hoon' register. It's called ringing the cops when you have a complaint about someone's driving standards. But these people that make up reports to get even with people will ultimately meet with karma. No one is the saint driver they think they are. Why not launch a dob in a pensioner scheme, or a people who can't park correctly scheme? All these things are just as worthy as reporting 'hoons'.

Think of all the people on Youtube that could get in sh!t...

But I guess your right... in the end, the police will only go for the people doing insanely stupid things, with hard evidence...

Especially when there is so much crime on the streets these days that they are stopping... <_<

No one is the saint driver they think they are. Why not launch a dob in a pensioner scheme, or a people who can't park correctly scheme? All these things are just as worthy as reporting 'hoons'.

+1.. have you guys been to chadstone shopping mall, victoria lately? Look at how some cars parked? Out of line, just park however they like and "creating" their own parking space?

Okay guys, where can I get an onboard video camera ? I'm going to dob in anyone that cuts me off in my lane, because that is hoon activity in my opinion. If they're going faster than me, then they're hoons. :whistling:

Come on guys, do you honestly think this is some new scheme that the police have specifically set up to catch hoons?

Do you honestly think that the arrest rate and/or incidence of court cases are going to increase as a result?

It's merely the same old antisocial behaviour laws given an advertising campaign to keep the general public (simple folk) in their state of mental safety. A vote winner, not a serious police operation.

As for the cigarette, imagine being one of you lot with a CAI driving behind someone that does that. Butt hits the ground, sends off the token sparks, you drive over it just at that moment and it gets sucked onto your pod... goodbye engine, car, and potentially driver.

That was a huge flaw with the ford pinto back in the day... things getting sucked into the car, and igniting the fuel tank. Hence the multi billion dollar lawsuits against ford for such bad design.

Pity noone sued the smoker for negligence causing bodily harm or death...

Lol dude that cigarette butt theory getting sucked into a CAI is bogus. Or at least very very very very unlikely.

And the Ford Pinto fuel tank was ruptured by rear impact causing the fires, I've never heard the cigarette butt story.

Lol dude that cigarette butt theory getting sucked into a CAI is bogus. Or at least very very very very unlikely.

And the Ford Pinto fuel tank was ruptured by rear impact causing the fires, I've never heard the cigarette butt story.

True... :whistling: ... After you replied, I went searching for the case of the cigarette and pinto.

Turns out the tank was already ruptured from a previous bump sometime before this incident... the cigarette ignited the leak.

So... you may not blow up Jimmy's car by throwing out the cigarette butt... but think about the hapless folk in the pinto behind you :P :whistling: