Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to the forums and just do alot of reading lol

I'm also keen on getting cusco zero 1's in a month or so

Kenny

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No probs Kenji, we'll keep you posted (pun intended).

Also, FYI guys:

Dampen setting of the Cusco Zero-1 is already preset for each car model from the factory and any other settings cannot be selected.

The spring rates, from what Uberdave has told me, are selectable though.

haha nice sig KHF :D

I quote only the epic AznDave, and you sir, are epic.

Feel free to tell everyone how awesome Cusco's are again in here.

I'm personally inching closer to making a final purchase. Presently, I'm on the brink of stabbing my ear canals to be rid of the noise.

haha nice sig KHF :D

I quote only the epic AznDave, and you sir, are epic.

Feel free to tell everyone how awesome Cusco's are again in here.

I'm personally inching closer to making a final purchase. Presently, I'm on the brink of stabbing my ear canals to be rid of the noise.

D2 has the sexually frustrated purple

02 has the uber shinny blue B)

P1040469.jpg

*Strokes the oem endlink and brake line brackets*

Looks like my purchase might be postponed for a little bit guys. I finally figured out what was causing the mass amounts of noise. The two rings that lock the coil in place must have come loose gradually. I tightened them up. Probably need to compress the spring a little more now as a result, but the noise is nearly non-existent now.

Zero 1's ftw still. I'm saving up for a house this year and just need to see how my finances are looking. Given that I've had some form of good karma bestowed upon me today, I'll just sit tight for a little bit ;)

*Strokes the oem endlink and brake line brackets*

Looks like my purchase might be postponed for a little bit guys. I finally figured out what was causing the mass amounts of noise. The two rings that lock the coil in place must have come loose gradually. I tightened them up. Probably need to compress the spring a little more now as a result, but the noise is nearly non-existent now.

Zero 1's ftw still. I'm saving up for a house this year and just need to see how my finances are looking. Given that I've had some form of good karma bestowed upon me today, I'll just sit tight for a little bit ;)

HARDCCOOOOOOOOORRRRE!

No spending money FTW - the chariot rides again!

You must mentally prepare urself before driving on the D2. Imagine ur driving a purpose built race car where comfort is not important. Just like James May with that auston race car (topgear s10e1 ;) )

Noise came back again last night. On closer inspection, it appears that the rubber o ring that sits between the top hat and spring seat is fudged and snapped in two. Also the bottom of the boot has come off, and it looks a little twisted.

In saying this, I'm over it. I'm done with mods, and I'm done with all the b/s associated with them. If it's not one thing, it's always another. I'll be reverting back to the stock suspension setup most likely.

I'll have more of a think over the next week in regards to buying the Cusco's, but my level of trust in aftermarket suspension components is rock bottom.

Noise came back again last night. On closer inspection, it appears that the rubber o ring that sits between the top hat and spring seat is fudged and snapped in two. Also the bottom of the boot has come off, and it looks a little twisted.

In saying this, I'm over it. I'm done with mods, and I'm done with all the b/s associated with them. If it's not one thing, it's always another. I'll be reverting back to the stock suspension setup most likely.

I'll have more of a think over the next week in regards to buying the Cusco's, but my level of trust in aftermarket suspension components is rock bottom.

Maybe this will help your decsion somewhat!

ZERO 1

A$1,600 shipped via sea (6-8 weeks transit time)

A$1,750 shipped express (2-3 working days transit time)

ZERO 1

Somehow, I think you guys will have to form your own group buy. Without Heinz...

ZERO 1

Maybe, but I'm over it I think. The whole concept of coilovers just depresses me now. 'If' I do buy them, they'll be installed by Master Taylor. Unfortunatley I don't think I trust anyone else in Canberra to install them now, not with recent events.

It's more likely that the stock setup gets put back in. Nothing seems to go smoothly with this car.

To be honest, I could end up being the first one to go the way of the airbags if it proves to be a no fuss mod after installation.

Don't let D2's get u down, many of us have experienced the annoyances of cheap, you get what you pay for products. If you go cusco or even tein (depending what features you want), you won't be dissapointed.

ZERO 1

just wondering, is this pricing from Nengun? and im guessing the shipping price is to WA, would you know how much it would be to sydney?

So its worth the extra $700 for Zero2 or $150 for the Zero1 over the D2's. I'm just going for the lowered look but I'm just curious with the Zero1's.

I'm not sure if they're soft enough with the pre-set for standard driving. I'll never go to the track and structs + springs don't give the flexibility of choice of height.

So its worth the extra $700 for Zero2 or $150 for the Zero1 over the D2's. I'm just going for the lowered look but I'm just curious with the Zero1's.

I'm not sure if they're soft enough with the pre-set for standard driving. I'll never go to the track and structs + springs don't give the flexibility of choice of height.

The preset on the Zero 1's is bascially the same softness as one of the lower settings on the Zero 2's apparently.

I'd say worth the $150 over D2's ;)

Agreed

EDIT: If only I wasn't a complete noob and the prices were different 2 years ago though.

Edited by KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson

ZERO 1

just wondering, is this pricing from Nengun? and im guessing the shipping price is to WA, would you know how much it would be to sydney?

I think, if it's going to Sydney, it'll be cheaper.

We always pay more over in the West :(

is $230 for installation with alignment included for coilovers good?

Damn! The lowest i've been quoted so far, is $350 with alignment!

We pay waaaaaaaay too much for **** in Perth!

I reckon! Lets just go to Angelo's place and "borrow" some tools for the install :P

Guys,

Those prices are high is due to a number of reasons. There's the fact that they install them properly and lube where neccessary, set them up appropriatley and they have to cover their workshop insurance while performing the work. It's like that at a lot of dedicated suspension shops.

Here in Canberra the prices are the same.

Edited by KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson