roadside window washers

Just washed the car and rain-xed the windows and the weekend and as I pulled up to a set of lights, some moron decides my prisitine windows could infact be cleaner. after i flick the wipers on he stop but as he is walking away he decides to run his grubby squeegee down the passenger doors and windows.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Is it even legal to wash windows at a set of traffic lights?

really wish i had one of those south african car jacking security system which electrifies the car exterior or shoots out big flames.

\rant

Just washed the car and rain-xed the windows and the weekend and as I pulled up to a set of lights, some moron decides my prisitine windows could infact be cleaner. after i flick the wipers on he stop but as he is walking away he decides to run his grubby squeegee down the passenger doors and windows.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Is it even legal to wash windows at a set of traffic lights?

really wish i had one of those south african car jacking security system which electrifies the car exterior or shoots out big flames.

\rant

You give me an idea...

I should run up to those guys when they're waiting for a red light and start cleaning them with a sponge tied to the end of a stick.

I hate those leeches! They're always at the lights as you come off the Graham Farmer FWY, onto Great Eastern HWY, and Canning HWY next to the bus/train stop above the freeway.

Why cant these ******ers go get a job, instead of wasting the day washing windscreens for 10c. I think it is illegal to do it, (dont quote me!!!) as it poses a hazard to drivers having these morons hanging around like seagulls to a chip.

Everytime i see them, in their Dada pants Fubu shirt and scabby old hat backwards, i squirt water onto my windscreen, and make damn sure they see it. sometimes, even when you do that, they still insist on doing the job for you. **** OFF!!!

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Incase you missed it, i dont like them.

Thank You! :)

oh tell me bout it.. the last thing u wanna do is ***** them off.. one smash on ur panel and give u a big scratch.. next thing u know is the light turns green.. nothing you can do..

what can u do.. worthless piece of ****.... sorry.. i hate them too..

oh tell me bout it.. the last thing u wanna do is ***** them off.. one smash on ur panel and give u a big scratch.. next thing u know is the light turns green.. nothing you can do..

what can u do.. worthless piece of ****.... sorry.. i hate them too..

That's when you get out with your 4 mates and roll the c@nt.

It would be a benefit to society.

One less body to move next time we have the olympics.

Ok i know the window washers are not always welcomed but has any one stopped and asked why they do this i havent but i sure would like to know their reason instead of thinking oh why dont they get a job and bla bla bla it must be a very bad situation their in .......??????

As for the flames from the side of the car that was banned in south africa coz poeple got severley burned i lived there for a while what they do now is micro chip the car .....the kids.....the belongings ........ well i was joking about the kids but i am sure that will be next .

Ok i know the window washers are not always welcomed but has any one stopped and asked why they do this i havent but i sure would like to know their reason instead of thinking oh why dont they get a job and bla bla bla it must be a very bad situation their in .......??????

By the same token, what's his reason for denting the sh!t out of your car or running his greasy sponge down the side of your car as punishment for not wanting your freshly washed windows smudged with filthy Jack Daniels-coloured suds??? I stand by my earlier comment.

By the same token, what's his reason for denting the sh!t out of your car or running his greasy sponge down the side of your car as punishment for not wanting your freshly washed windows smudged with filthy Jack Daniels-coloured suds??? I stand by my earlier comment.

well i didnt say i like them or that their work is nice .... i was just wondering! asking a question !

yeah i can say it Rob but is that all why they do that then ? i just recon if it was for the dole they wouldnt do it coz wont sitting at home b more fun ?

They 'have' to do it. That's the difference. Like I said, blame the government for putting them there, because that's literally what they are doing.

"You need to work for the dole. Here take this squeegy and this bucket and go wash windscreens."

In terms of the money they make, I'm not sure. I can't see them pocketing much to be honest.

yeah i can say it Rob but is that all why they do that then ? i just recon if it was for the dole they wouldnt do it coz wont sitting at home b more fun ?

They 'have' to do it. That's the difference. Like I said, blame the government for putting them there, because that's literally what they are doing.

"You need to work for the dole. Here take this squeegy and this bucket and go wash windscreens."

In terms of the money they make, I'm not sure. I can't see them pocketing much to be honest.

well their just putting themselves in danger by taking up such a job and the government should care a bit more and realise that their window washer dole poeple are not such a positive step towards the future coz their creating more negetivity!!!coz frankly no one wants them there ....this is terrible !!!!

well their just putting themselves in danger by taking up such a job and the government should care a bit more and realise that their window washer dole poeple are not such a positive step towards the future coz their creating more negetivity!!!coz frankly no one wants them there ....this is terrible !!!!

What? No no, they aren't 'taking' up the job, they're being 'forced' to do it lol. Government? Care? Those words don't go together lol.

The local government here is like any other government. They'll do some things right, and others wrong. That's just how it is.

yeah i know

obviously they feel like its their only option but i guess one would hav to know their life story in order to know why they are there at that point washing our windows .

i just dont like it! we should all think and realise that if we were in that persons shoes how would we feel we dont really know the situation behind the situation

well thats how i look at it and i know every one else has theyr point of view and i am totally fine with that!!!!

Wind down your window and give them money NOT to touch your car.

Window washers (especially using sponges) rarely rinse or clean their cleaning implements.

Any dirt that the sponge/squigee collects gets rubbed into your car and scratches it.

The same reason never to take your car to a car wash (unless its a laser wash or a DIY type one).

If things get ugly, you always have a club lock handy, right? :D

i drive around with a cricket bat in my boot .....

we should all think and realise that if we were in that persons shoes how would we feel we dont really know the situation behind the situation

I already know one of the main causes of why they are there:

"Drugs are bad mmkay?"

I've seen too many people pick themselves up and make something of themselves to have any time for window washers and dole bludgers. There is no excuse. The human mind and spirit are amazing things when used correctly.

we should all think and realise that if we were in that persons shoes how would we feel we dont really know the situation behind the situation

I already know one of the main causes of why they are there:

"Drugs are bad mmkay?"

I've seen too many people pick themselves up and make something of themselves to have any time for window washers and dole bludgers. There is no excuse. The human mind and spirit are amazing things when used correctly.

yeah drugs are horrible!!!!

and i do agree with you Rob thats defnitely a good way of explaining it better.

Window washers (especially using sponges) rarely rinse or clean their cleaning implements.

Any dirt that the sponge/squigee collects gets rubbed into your car and scratches it.

The same reason never to take your car to a car wash (unless its a laser wash or a DIY type one).

She MUST be South African :lol:

She MUST be South African :lol:

Correct dude. You'll have to come have a coffee with us sometime.

Perhaps I'm soft...

As much as I, like you, don't enjoy being harassed by traffic light junkies, It doesn't take much to turn a blind eye - or a simple good mannered wave away with a smile. Imagine standing there all day, getting beeped at or receiving looks of distain from every direction - and being that unintelligent to find another path in life - every day of the week.

Yes, they don't clean very well. Yes, they are dirty and beyond bogan. They are, however, still people (some of them, anyway :wacko:) .

Believe me, I probably look down on junkies more than anyone else here - but I am not going to take it out on the window washer until he legitimately gives me a reason to.

At the end of the day, your car may still be filthy - but at least the guy bought his fix with your dollar from the traffic lights, rather than assaulting your sister/girlfriend/grandmother to get it...

Edited by Leroy

one time i didnt have small change..the lil boy gave me the " READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES "

ahahaha..

sif im gonna pay them to " dirty " my window..i cleaned it with rainx..all shiny n stuff..the bucket of water they have is like pitch black..they wipe on it n i was swearin all the way :angry:

how can we get rid of those ppl? :P

petition?

this is my sollution, act like your "look poor", just like some damn _____(fill in the blank) who wont even care to give someone a cent.. he will just walk away and not even walk close to your car. it works for me.

OK! before someone getting ***** by me, i dont wanna write asian or aussie or any shxt on the BLANK, coz any kind of culture/colour of people/region/xxx have those similar damn____

make sense? i m not very sure too :P

prettty sure its illegal here in qld/brissie...

i quite often see the cops removing the window washers at the intersection of hale st and coronation drive...

either way... i'm never rude to these people cause as someone has already said, what happens if they dint one of your panels... its seriously not worth it...

i usually just put my window down as they approach the car and say something like "i'm okay, but thanks anyway!"...

Hahaha. you guys need to harden the F*ck up! i see these windows washers all the time at the 'mechano set' lights. Don't squirt your washers because some misunderstand that as an invitation to dry off your window. just sit there, make minimal eye contact and when they are just about to approach your car look them in the eye and say NO while shaking your head. It works - funny that.

And even if they do decide to wash your windscreen for you anyway, so what. You'll have some water marks which will take you 5seconds to wipe away when you get home.