and1's ride. Silver FTW!!!

and1

Day of reckoning has come..

Car is going into inspection in the morning.

So we shall see what QBE have to say. You might see a massive FS thread soon :(

far out man, sorry to hear about the hail storm... u must be shattered. When the hail storm hit in melbourne, i saw a lotus elise that was hit by the hail storm... i was just sitting in my car and thought "Oh......My......God......"

GL with insurance!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is your car going... cant lose another sweet looking silver sportivo buddy on here...!!!

Car is probably going to get fixed. Got quote for the damage, $8k so yeah. So I'm not going anywhere anytime soon :)

how is your car going... cant lose another sweet looking silver sportivo buddy on here...!!!

Car is probably going to get fixed. Got quote for the damage, $8k so yeah. So I'm not going anywhere anytime soon :)

nice, will you have the say on where to fix it? last thing u want is some dodgy place respraying it and u have to end up respraying it again! :angry:

Just another update.

I went to Barbagello Raceway on Friday with a mate (Honda fanboi :P )

First time ever on a proper track, not just skidpan and such.

Not as daunting as I thought it would be. So I will definitely be back out there.

All you WA boys have to go out one time at least. It will tell you alot about your current suspension settings :)

There was alot of cars out there on the day because it was a race weekend, which sucked.

Best lap was 1.20.0 flat (recorded on my phone via RaceChrono)

Slowest lap was a 2min lap due to a spin off in the first session (whoops :lol: )

Btw I was the only still on street tyres. Everyone else was on Rcomps. Don't have the dosh for them lol.

Just a few pics

DSC_0695.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

Overlooking first corner, the corner I struggled on most <_<

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0722.jpg

How much my car weighs with the rear seats, and spare still in the car and full tank of petrol. I think I can dip under 1150kg quite comfortably.

DSC_0719.jpg

My friends EG civic. Completely stripped. I'm pretty sure he can dip under 850kg :blink:

And some of the cars out on the track with me:

DSC_0709.jpg

DSC_0696.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

DSC_0703.jpg

I'll get the vid up once youtube lets me upload it :angry:

Good stuff, I've been waiting to see those new rims on it..

Keep pestering them to do a top job,all your mods deserve a good body ;)

Good stuff, I've been waiting to see those new rims on it..

Keep pestering them to do a top job,all your mods deserve a good body ;)

You want teasers?

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

Nice one Andy..have you found a place to do the repairs and if so how long before they can start? I've heard it's a little busy in Vic & WA atm with all the hail repairs.

bloody hell $8000,i thought my $5500 was exspensive,you win. :P

btw...nice track day pics,your mates Honda is a feather.

damn that an expensive repair.. oh well its going to be all fresh again so thats a plus.

Nice one Andy..have you found a place to do the repairs and if so how long before they can start? I've heard it's a little busy in Vic & WA atm with all the hail repairs.

bloody hell $8000,i thought my $5500 was exspensive,you win. :P

btw...nice track day pics,your mates Honda is a feather.

Yeah I got a place to do the repairs. Just waiting for insurance to give me the go ahead.

Trust me I got off lightly. Few more dents might have tipped me over and car would be written off. Other cars however copped much worse :(

Damn man, you went to Bargs :( I wanna goto a track *cries like a baby*

Ah well.

Hope your cars fixed soon, although I hear the wait is currently 18-24 MONTHS!

Hey Aaron take you new car out when you get it. So much fun gonna do it again.

glad to hear we wont be loosing this one to the hail andy :)

will have to get her out for another photoshoot when shes all better again :)

Yeah photoshoot sounds sweet man. But wait till I get my rims on ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Very good news!

Car is going into the shop very soon to get fixed.

Mods back on again.

Now looking for:

-PPE Redliner9k edition header

-Apexi Power FC (I have someone lined up for this)

-SD harness (SD-need to talk to you about this as well)

-MWR flat faced valves

-MWR Springs and retainers

I've got some time now to slowly find parts as i will have a spare car and car will be in panel shop for a while.

Now to find cash :(

Very good news!

Car is going into the shop very soon to get fixed.

Ooo congrats! Would've been sad to see her go, one of the best facelift s'tivos out there I reckon!

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well came back from panel beater and he said that panels are being shipped in for me. So no bogging of dents yay :yahoo:

Problem is its going to take at least 4 weeks for the parts to arrive. So I'm driving around in my dirty, dented car :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just a lil update.

Still waiting on the panels :( , but got me a Fumoto oil drain valve for my upcoming half service. Car is just about on 75,000km.

Still deciding on what oil to use. In the last 15,000km I have used:

Penrite HPR 0 (0w-40)

Nulon Full Synthetic (10w-40)

Motul Turbolight 4100 (10w-40)

I might go back to Nulon but if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Still gathering money to get:

PPE header

Power FC

Have enough to get one or the other atm. Leaning towards headers first (sorry Aaron)..

i use nulon in my car seems to be ok. better that the motal i used to use, end up getting the wheels on man?

Yeah really leaning towards the Nulon again. Although it doesn't really matter. I change every 5,000 almost religiously lol.

Wheels not on yet buddy. My plan is to get the body patched up first then get them on. I still need some hub centric rings for them. The centre bore is friggin massive.

I really wanna see em on the car but I might get some Toyo R1Rs on them as well..

Sigh more dosh :ph34r:

Haha your going to send me broke you know that? Don't worry about it I would of said get the headers first... can put that in right away but getting the PowerFC tuned would just be a waste of money cause you'd need to retune it after you got the headers.

Get the Nulon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I changed to Valvoline SynPower full synthetic 5w-40.

Car feels great with it in there. Also got the Fumoto oil drain valve fitted. I'll get pics up later, but no probs so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Pics of the Fumoto oil drain valve:

30052010188.jpg

30052010190.jpg

And something else that will be going on in the near future:

DSC_0898.jpg

Super duper thanks goes to Chicken for this. They are simply awesome.

And got a lil bored last night:

DSC_0908.jpg

Its hooked up to the door sensor/switch so turns on when door opens.

Edited by and1