everyone should try this............

I know most of you in this forum have negative opinions on using fuel injector cleaner. However i took the risk and tried it out on my sportivo. It really works........ I asked my friend who works for toyota to get me a bottle of genuine toyota fuel injector cleaner which cost me around $14.00. Guess what, it is not made by local company that supplles to toyota. This stuff is clearly written as 'MADE IN JAPAN'. It is very simple to use. Use your fuel gauge as indicator eg: if you have half tank of fuel left, the just pour this 125ml of liquid into your fuel tank. I suggest you to wash it down with $10.00 of fuel to avoid any residue that might be corrosive to on the opening ( or the neck ) of fuel tank. I did this because my friend told me it is quite corrosive may burn a hole if you didnt wash it down with some petrol ( not sure how true is this). I guess is quite true and that is why you only do it every 50.000km. i can surely tell you now my car is much smoother to drive and get extra 10-15k out from each top up. :yahoo:

i prefer to dump a 500ml tin of acetone in with a full tank.....lol no not really nobody try this

ive tried the nissan brand injector cleaner......couldnt really tell the difference

Toyota sell two types of injector cleaner, the stuff in the black genuine bottle, and the stuff the workshop uses in the clear bottles. The clear bottle injector cleaner is the better of the two, I'd suggest not using it if you haven't changed your fuel filter first.

I know most of you in this forum have negative opinions on using fuel injector cleaner. However i took the risk and tried it out on my sportivo. It really works........ I asked my friend who works for toyota to get me a bottle of genuine toyota fuel injector cleaner which cost me around $14.00. Guess what, it is not made by local company that supplles to toyota. This stuff is clearly written as 'MADE IN JAPAN'. It is very simple to use. Use your fuel gauge as indicator eg: if you have half tank of fuel left, the just pour this 125ml of liquid into your fuel tank. I suggest you to wash it down with $10.00 of fuel to avoid any residue that might be corrosive to on the opening ( or the neck ) of fuel tank. I did this because my friend told me it is quite corrosive may burn a hole if you didnt wash it down with some petrol ( not sure how true is this). I guess is quite true and that is why you only do it every 50.000km. i can surely tell you now my car is much smoother to drive and get extra 10-15k out from each top up. :yahoo:

How corrosive to the neck of your fuel tank is it? If it was seriously that bad that you had to wash it down with fuel, then I'd be cautious that is wasn't actually EATING my injectors rather than cleaning them.....

I don't know too much about fuel tanks, but I'd say the neck of them is pretty tolerant....

If you use quality fuels then your fuel system should theoretically be fairly clean shouldn't it? Considering all the advertising they do about the additives to high octane pump fuels. You know what I mean, added "detergents" that clean the fuel system as the fuel goes through etc. Any thoughts?

I Used injector Cleaners in my 4AGE heaps.... and i never really noticed a bunch of difference.. i just used them every 5000's as i changed my oils and filters.

i dont see what the big deal is using them on a later model Corolla. can anyone back this argument up with a service note or Factory warning?

regards

BKS.

Carbon clean I think is more effective than fuel injector cleaner. I tried this out at my mates workshop about month or 2 ago including changing fuel filter and fuel pump as part of my 100k service.

I Used injector Cleaners in my 4AGE heaps.... and i never really noticed a bunch of difference.. i just used them every 5000's as i changed my oils and filters.

i dont see what the big deal is using them on a later model Corolla. can anyone back this argument up with a service note or Factory warning?

regards

BKS.

Not sure what sort of product did you use last time. This stuff really makes my car much smoother to drive. I put the same thing in my girlfriend's car and she even can feel the difference. For a girl that knew nothing about car to feel such a difference, i should say it must be working to make such a difference. :rolleyes:

regards

BKS.

Not sure what sort of product did you use last time. This stuff really makes my car much smoother to drive. I put the same thing in my girlfriend's car and she even can feel the difference. For a girl that knew nothing about car to feel such a difference, i should say it must be working to make such a difference. :rolleyes:

smetimes i'd like to call them the psychological changes :P... its all in ur head!!.... :P :P

regards

BKS.

smetimes i'd like to call them the psychological changes :P... its all in ur head!!.... :P :P

Placebo effect or butt dyno (my butt tells me its better/faster)

I used heaps of all these additives on my previous car (1994 Hyundai Excel) Not sure if its because of the age of the car or what but don't feel much difference. I use the odometer on my car to see what mileage I've done and see if there are improvements. Not obvious is what I can say.

Have yet to try it on the new Stivo but what is life without a bit of risk :P

Something tells me I'm gonna get flamed for that statement! Hehehhe....

Maybe we can put in some Roil.

regards

BKS.

Placebo effect or butt dyno (my butt tells me its better/faster)

I used heaps of all these additives on my previous car (1994 Hyundai Excel) Not sure if its because of the age of the car or what but don't feel much difference. I use the odometer on my car to see what mileage I've done and see if there are improvements. Not obvious is what I can say.

Have yet to try it on the new Stivo but what is life without a bit of risk :P

Something tells me I'm gonna get flamed for that statement! Hehehhe....

Maybe we can put in some Roil.

My engine in the 4AGE was always well maintained... but obviously adding anything to boost the octane will boost performance to a degree, and the cleaner the burn the more efficient your car will be... but as far as gaining performance from unclogging injectors .. yeah maybe after a long period of not using injector cleaner there may have been an advantage.... but as a general rule... use good quality fuel (BP is refined at 98RON as opposed to say Caltex which is 95RON ith an additive) and you'll be right.

i prefer to dump a 500ml tin of acetone in with a full tank.....lol no not really nobody try this

ive tried the nissan brand injector cleaner......couldnt really tell the difference

Got from Wiki and I've seen this before

Automotive fuel additive

----------------------------

Some automotive enthusiasts add acetone at around 1 part in 500 to their fuel, following claims of dramatic improvement in fuel economy and engine life.[3] This practice is controversial as the body of systematic testing shows that acetone has no measurable effect or may in fact reduce engine life by adversely affecting fuel system parts.[4][5][6] Debates on this subject and the perrenial claims of a "Big Oil" cover-up intensified when the practice was addressed on the popular American TV show MythBusters in 2006, and shown to have negative effect in the televised fuel economy test.[7].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone

(BP is refined at 98RON as opposed to say Caltex which is 95RON ith an additive)

That is absolutely false. Caltex Vortex 98 is refined to 98 octane. BP is the same. You are thinking of Shell before they "changed" their compound.

Got from Wiki and I've seen this before

Automotive fuel additive

----------------------------

Some automotive enthusiasts add acetone at around 1 part in 500 to their fuel, following claims of dramatic improvement in fuel economy and engine life.[3] This practice is controversial as the body of systematic testing shows that acetone has no measurable effect or may in fact reduce engine life by adversely affecting fuel system parts.[4][5][6] Debates on this subject and the perrenial claims of a "Big Oil" cover-up intensified when the practice was addressed on the popular American TV show MythBusters in 2006, and shown to have negative effect in the televised fuel economy test.[7].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone

i dont really put acetone in my fuel tank and i figured the stuff wouldnt do anything.

you can put all the injector cleaner through you want it wont clean out any particles lodged in the injector filter baskets