How much rice is too much?

The question has plagued modifiers since the first Japanese car landed in Australia (for Australian cars it was just called "useless crap" - and it seems the answer was there is never too much).

Is there a limit too how much one should chrome?

Obviously the chrome Auris

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...4&hl=chrome

was going too far but how far can one go before it is too far?

[and I don't want any soft answers of it's a matter of personal choice]

The question has plagued modifiers since the first Japanese car landed in Australia (for Australian cars it was just called "useless crap" - and it seems the answer was there is never too much).

That chrome corolla is not rice, its a show car and it would be illegal to drive it on the street due to the paint.

Rice is your typical ugly crap on cars that serves no purpose and looks like diarrhoea.

This is rice, big canon exhaust thats noisy and USELESS for a non turbo engine plus UGLY clear tail lights AND a big F&*K OFF spoiler that stick out like a sore thumb: rice.jpg

Edited by Modena

That chrome corolla is not rice, its a show car and it would be illegal to drive it on the street due to the paint.

Rice is your typical ugly crap on cars that serves no purpose and looks like diarrhoea.

This is rice, big canon exhaust thats noisy and USELESS for a non turbo engine plus UGLY clear tail lights AND a big F&*K OFF spoiler that stick out like a sore thumb: rice.jpg

That spoiler is good for 10HP, not to mention the Vee-TAK. Everyone knows you need loads of rear-wheel traction in a front-wheel-drive car. Psft :whistling:

this is definately one ugly rice...

rice usually give status of ugliness + stupidity. IMO.

Lol yeah, Rice mods are only good if your car still looks clean. A Body kit to enchance visuals but not overdo it. Rims as long as they're not chrome lol.

it is hard to say whether a car is good-looking or rice-looking, may depend on individual own eyes..

but yea, chrome rim? rice.

Wings good only for hanging clothes? Rice.

muffler sound nothing more than boooooooh? rice.

haha damn.. that is one riced up accord..

my friend has the same accord but it is so sleeper.. H22A from a jdm prelude si :spiteful: .. looks completely stock except for a cannon..

I dont like seeing "Shopping Lists" down the doors, or along the side skirts etc. Like, HKS, APEXi, BRIDE, and such.

These fellows dont have half the parts on the cars!

correction: most of them have none.. <_<

LOL my mates call my car rice because of the eyelids, grille & the exhaust i have

but i think if u even out cosmetics with the sh!t in the engine then its okay

but if ur car is all show no go = rice

anyways anyone hear about how autosalon had to sell out? LOL poor guy

Loving that abreviation of Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements! I'm going to use that.

Goes down to personal preference really...

1. If it stands out.

2. If makes noise and no go

I dont like seeing "Shopping Lists" down the doors, or along the side skirts etc. Like, HKS, APEXi, BRIDE, and such.

i think i saw a sticker kit once in autobarn, with all the brands together in a column so one big decal = 5-6 well known brands LOL, reminds me yesterday i saw a RAV4 cruiser, underneath the RAV4 badge had a turbo badge. is that rice? well it gets better, above both these badges, he has a large porshe bagde... seems he couldnt afford the porshe cayenne turbo, just have to make do then i suppose LOL

correction: most of them have none.. <_<

Best one of these I had seen was on a white skyline(I think) it had the shopping list of 6 or 8 brands and then had green ticks next to half of them

Whether he had the goods and the others were his plans or whether he was just taking the ***** I don't know as I was driving past at the time