TRD 4-2-1 Headers or CES Headers

Perfered Exhaust Manifold  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good luck!! It ain't as easy as it looks.....

Your comment about TRD is exactly why the poll is useless. Everyone knows the name and will buy it just because it's TRD.

Those blind idi0ts ......

Slap a TRD stick on those port polished haeders ....

Let' see about that result!

Maybe i should put ........

1) Stock Headers

2) Port Polished Stock headers with TRD sticker on it!

:P

a lot of people will go for TRD as they are a trusted brand who only sell quility products - although i cant comment on american TRD stuff. you seem a bit disgrunteled that peeps have voted for TRD but that makes no sense. I voted for TRD but i am gonne try a modded stock first as i aint loaded! if money was no object there is no doubt i would buy the TRD one - but if money was no object i would have the high comp TRD pistons too......... in fact everything that could be replaced with TRD stuff would be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck!! It ain't as easy as it looks.....

Your comment about TRD is exactly why the poll is useless. Everyone knows the name and will buy it just because it's TRD.

Those blind idi0ts ......

Slap a TRD stick on those port polished haeders ....

Let' see about that result!

Maybe i should put ........

1) Stock Headers

2) Port Polished Stock headers with TRD sticker on it!

:P

a lot of people will go for TRD as they are a trusted brand who only sell quility products - although i cant comment on american TRD stuff. you seem a bit disgrunteled that peeps have voted for TRD but that makes no sense. I voted for TRD but i am gonne try a modded stock first as i aint loaded! if money was no object there is no doubt i would buy the TRD one - but if money was no object i would have the high comp TRD pistons too......... in fact everything that could be replaced with TRD stuff would be.

You are making my point so much clearer!! TRD make good stuff no arguments here. But most people are not reading all the info supplied about the TRD headers. They even state they work best when combined with Part no a,b,c,d,....... In other words the TRD headers are meant to be used with the whole Stroker and high comp piston kit. Nearly everyone misses this point. Dunno how prices are over there but here the CES headers on an exchange deal(give them your stock set in exchange for a ported and HPC coated set) are well under half of what you pay for a set of TRD headers and have been proven to give better performance gains not just by some members here on TOCAU but also on GEN 7 Celica forums, Matrix forums in the US and also the 9th gen corolla forum as well.

Now can you see why I say the poll is useless as the people who voted for the TRD headers have never tried anything but?? And there is pages and pages of testimonies on the forums I have mentioned with factual proof that stock headers ported and polished and coated are better than nearly 2/3 of the headers avavilable on the market for the 2ZZ. There are only a few race style headers(long primary piped) that do make more gains but also require modification of the cat and mid pipe section for them to fit and they are not real cheap.

I hope this info will help some members see that you do not always have to buy the global brand name stuff to get a product that not only works better but also costs a hell of a lot less.

For a TRD I would rather get a PPE header,

Is there any doubts with PPE headers?? I heard that there is only a problem with the flexi that is supplied with the headers.

I say for most people a ported stock header is a good enough option. Just like how a unichip is good for 95% of the tuning and the other 5% opt for standalone ecu.

I have nothing to add to this thread obviously cause I'm still running stock headers :D

Doesn't the PPE header require you to modify the mid pipe section?? I think the original idea of this thread is to get opinions of what works best as a straight bolt on solution.

I could be wrong but thought the PPE needed some pipework changing slightly.

Doesn't the PPE header require you to modify the mid pipe section?? I think the original idea of this thread is to get opinions of what works best as a straight bolt on solution.

I could be wrong but thought the PPE needed some pipework changing slightly.

Yes, the PPE requires the mid pipe to be shortened.

Alllllllllllllll the way from states and looks like a bit more work too that the standard port polish headers.

Might end up going with that anyways ..... we'll see .......... there's a big hole in the pocket that is slowly mending ....

Thanks super ....

• 12 years later...

I've got CES racing headers ported & polished & CES CAI installed in my tivo. Bit of head work done & getting 174kw on the dyno.  I have no complaints at all getting from 1000rpm to 8000rpm but most times taking it to 7200rpm is good enough 🤘