BKS - ZZE123R

Blind Kid Seeks

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rims look awesome BKS. I might be a little biased toward the whole light car, dark wheels thing though. . . B)

Looking at Kaze, BKS, and And1... lately, ive been converted back down to the 16" concept. And powder coating the stock rims actually looks the business.

So I hate to say it, but I don't like the look of the new ones as much as your black 16"s.... :(

I do like these in a 16"... friggin' expensive though:

nengun-0547-00-weds-sa70.jpg

Edited by Leroy

the rims looks good!!

i had 17"s once awhile back (gunmetal gray p1s) i didint like the ride comfort was a bit hard

then i put 16"s on and i noticed how big of a difference it made having a bit more rubber

i think 16"s are a good size on our car because you can go lower then 17"s =] ( or i think it just looks lower ) ahahah

looks the goods but andy

Edited by KaZe-

the rims looks good

get them on the car with some shots already =]

End of page 9 my friend.

just saw it and edited it my friend.

geez

oh btw andy are you gonna get some black nuts to go with them? or red or blue?

rays nuts man!! =]

Edited by KaZe-

No, They are 17 X 7's

have you got pics of yours??

Now that i have seen a pic of them on your car they are a little different. I dont have any photos atm but im washing it tomorow so will take a few shots then. Did you buy them second hand or new? cuz speedy originally had a lite fin in their 07 stock range? (i think) and they were since discontinued. I was enquiring about some wheels and apparently the ones I have got have just been re-released so i dunno if they are new design or what. this is the wheel i got.

lite-fin.jpg

No, They are 17 X 7's

Now that i have seen a pic of them on your car they are a little different. I dont have any photos atm but im washing it tomorow so will take a few shots then. Did you buy them second hand or new? cuz speedy originally had a lite fin in their 07 stock range? (i think) and they were since discontinued. I was enquiring about some wheels and apparently the ones I have got have just been re-released so i dunno if they are new design or what. this is the wheel i got.

lite-fin.jpg

nice wheels mate.......what are the legalities in QLD as to width, VIC can only go 25mm wider so 7" rim max........qld different i guess ?

No, They are 17 X 7's

lite-fin.jpg

nice wheels mate.......what are the legalities in QLD as to width, VIC can only go 25mm wider so 7" rim max........qld different i guess ?

Yea mate your right. 25mm max in VIC. In QLD, the law is that "The maximum tyre width allowed is 1.3 times the width of the largest optional tyre offered by the manufacturer." which for the zze123r's is 7.8" or approx 198mm (based on the 16x6 stockies) - so i just make it in lol. oh and of course that the wheel does not protrude from the guard.

I got that info from this site which i would say is pretty trustworthy...

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...051&IsPgd=0

Also has the laws for other states

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Yean Mansutti in Tottenham Pde...

I found a cheaper Powder coater By the way....

in Airport West...

T&C powdercoating

20 Marshall road

airport west VIC 3042

9338 6631

ask for Tim.

I'm getting a set of 17's done my them... $55 per rim, Inc Sandblasting. (basic colours for that price)

I'll let you know how they go.

hey andy!

how long did it take them to do ur rims?

and does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to take the tyre off the rim and then put them back on once its done?

i wanna get my rims done.

also, i got a few slight gutter marks [bought the car with the marks], would the sandblasting/powder coating fix this? i have no clue!!!

cheers!

Yean Mansutti in Tottenham Pde...

I found a cheaper Powder coater By the way....

in Airport West...

T&C powdercoating

20 Marshall road

airport west VIC 3042

9338 6631

ask for Tim.

I'm getting a set of 17's done my them... $55 per rim, Inc Sandblasting. (basic colours for that price)

I'll let you know how they go.

hey andy!

how long did it take them to do ur rims?

and does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to take the tyre off the rim and then put them back on once its done?

i wanna get my rims done.

also, i got a few slight gutter marks [bought the car with the marks], would the sandblasting/powder coating fix this? i have no clue!!!

cheers!

Hey Mate,

took a week to get em done. They dont handle tyres or have the equipment to do that kinda stuff.. so i suggest you find a tyre shop to do that stuff for you.

My local place (South Melbourne Tyres - Ask for Greg) did it for $60 all up.. fitted and balanced.

The new rims i have on the car now.. also had a few scraped and scratches, it covers them up well.. but wont fill any deep gouges,

any chance you wanna help me install my door sills??? i heard you've got skills. ;)

this car in real life... just no words to describe it lol.

was nice meeting you guys!

Hi Mate!

Was great meeting you too.. we're often down at that car wash on fridays, so feel free to pop down... usually there After 10.

My GF LOVED the front end on your Aurion!

Take care out there!

Andy.