Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval

and1

Hey guys. Its time for me to look for tyres for my stivo..

Now i got a quote for the the Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals for $175 each in 205/50/r16 guise..

Now I don't know much about these tyres but the guy told me they are made in Japan..

Has anyone had any experience with these tyres?

I was looking at Toyo T1Rs but the Wide Ovals seem a really good price..

Any info will be much appreciated

Cheers

Andy

Stuff the Firestone, don't think they are any good. Had a set before and got rid of it.

I got my Toyo T1R's 205/55/16 for $180 each...Try searching a bit harder

In Perth I can't seem to find the T1Rs for less than 220 :(

Unless some of you guys know where to get a really good deal?

Stuff the Firestone, don't think they are any good. Had a set before and got rid of it.

firestone make better commercial tyres then proformance tyres... so i would say go for the toyo's (all good reports about toyos), not sure about the price of t1r's but proxes 4 i got qouted $165 a corner for 17's. in the end i didn't get them cause they where out of stock, so i got the bridgestone RE001, not a bad tyre if you want to spend around the $250 mark.

not too sure what the difference is between the porxes 4 and the T1R's, but i think that the t1r's are better?

i'm also getting my 2 new RE001's for the back of my car today, and the guy at bridgestone did say that there was a price rise as of the 1st of aug.

firestone make better commercial tyres then proformance tyres... so i would say go for the toyo's (all good reports about toyos), not sure about the price of t1r's but proxes 4 i got qouted $165 a corner for 17's. in the end i didn't get them cause they where out of stock, so i got the bridgestone RE001, not a bad tyre if you want to spend around the $250 mark.

not too sure what the difference is between the porxes 4 and the T1R's, but i think that the t1r's are better?

i'm also getting my 2 new RE001's for the back of my car today, and the guy at bridgestone did say that there was a price rise as of the 1st of aug.

The T1Rs are a tier higher the proxes 4, but toyo has just introduced a new tyre that is a tier higher than the T1Rs; the R1Rs.. I had a look at them and they're about the price of the adrenalines but they dont look like they will last very long.. so I guess I'll keep looking for quotes on the T1Rs ;)